Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1512970 wrote: Just got back from my friend's wake. Died a drunk at the age of 56. I loved him like a brother. It was very sad but the nice thing? They let us put his Harley inside the funeral home next to his casket Nick would have loved that!!
    Vale Nick, Jennie.

I find wakes such a reflective time. I always try to look at them as a celebration of a persons life.

Take care of yourself today. :l

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1512970 wrote: Just got back from my friend's wake. Died a drunk at the age of 56. I loved him like a brother. It was very sad but the nice thing? They let us put his Harley inside the funeral home next to his casket Nick would have loved that!!
      I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend Nick.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jenni, my thoughts will be with you. Loss is difficult any day of the week but particularly heartbreaking when it take a younger life. I wish you great strength. Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1512979 wrote: Vale Nick, Jennie.

I find wakes such a reflective time. I always try to look at them as a celebration of a persons life.

Take care of yourself today. :l
          Yes, Guitarista....celebrating his life is what we did....the problem I am personally having is that I am ANGRY at ALCOHOL. It took his life even though he would deny it if he could. So while I mourn the loss of my friend and think of all the good times we had over the past 30 years I am, at the same time, simmering with anger.....
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1513026 wrote: Yes, Guitarista....celebrating his life is what we did....the problem I am personally having is that I am ANGRY at ALCOHOL. It took his life even though he would deny it if he could. So while I mourn the loss of my friend and think of all the good times we had over the past 30 years I am, at the same time, simmering with anger.....
            Yep, I hear you Jennie.

It makes me mad too.

Take care.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenni, Sorry to here of your friends passing. I lost one of my best friends to alcohol many years. I watched him slowly kill himself. THE silly part was I kept drinking for many years. Draw strenghth Jenni from your friends passing and show al his relatioship is over with you!!!:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Any other Newbies in graduating class of 2013?

Greetings to All,

I've been preparing for graduation. Our Baccalaureate Mass is on Sunday, June 16th. Seems odd to be hearing my entire name: Therese Elizabeth Lourdes Surname. My parents went a little overboard with my name. I'm so happy that they shortened it to Tess.

As you know, college was tough at times. I had to "push ahead" when I wanted to call it quits. It's been the same in dealing with the affliction of alcoholism. I could not have imagined in a million years that I would face this nightmare. But I have. And I do. And the cravings can sneak up at any time. I am always on guard, and yet I am at peace.

I send a sincere THANK YOU to all of you who have helped me on this journey. Some of you are no longer posting on MWO. That's a natural progression for you. Others are here for the long haul. That is a gift that you freely extend. It does not go unrewarded.

Stay strong, Nesters. There is hope. There is life after the hell of alcoholism. ~
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Boy, was it ever a hot & humid day here....93 degrees - yuck!
                  But I did get to spend the afternoon with ny daughter & grandaughter, very nice

Tess, my DIL just graduated last weekend, she's starting right in grad school next week!!! Congrats to you on all of your successes

Greetings to everyone, congrats to the 30 day kids today & wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on the 30 days! Time has been flying since I joined here, everyone is doing so well and so positive!
                    I'm enjoying my Friday at work, looking forward to spending my weekend cleaning my acreage up for my family to visit next weekend- I'm so excited, they are on a very strict organic diet so I know I wont have the stress of them wanting to guzzle wine like they have in the past!!
                    Have fab Fridays everyone XO

Comment

Newbies Nest

First post in newbies nest and I'm sure there will be many more to come. Anyone who read my intro in my New Here post knows I was wondering if I should have a glass of wine just for tonight to help me sleep.

Well after spending some time reading different posts I have decided not to have it after all and instead made a hot chocolate with skimmed milk . Tomorrow morning at 11 am will be my first day and I really want to get there so I can have the willpower to keep going. I am glad to be here

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good you made that choice,don't think 1 will be okay,you will want more,Lt might make you sleep but than you get up a few he's later,have a great night,!

Comment

Newbies Nest

solista;1513093 wrote: First post in newbies nest and I'm sure there will be many more to come. Anyone who read my intro in my New Here post knows I was wondering if I should have a glass of wine just for tonight to help me sleep.

Well after spending some time reading different posts I have decided not to have it after all and instead made a hot chocolate with skimmed milk . Tomorrow morning at 11 am will be my first day and I really want to get there so I can have the willpower to keep going. I am glad to be here
                          Wise choice, solista!! Getting sober and staying sober is all about the choices we make moment by moment. We are glad that you are here, too. Pleasant dreams. ~
                          Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                          pointed the way
                          with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Using smartphone for all internet purposes sucks!
                            Jenni
                            sorry you lost your friend like that. Having his harley there was a great tribute.
                            Tess
                            Congratulations, Right On, Yeah (you get the idea).
                            Byrdie
                            great to have you back.
                            I have also noticed that the less fuss we make over not drinking, the less others fuss.
                            Nite all!
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's,

Nearing the end of day 19 here. All's well.

Welcome Solista! Are you from Spain too?

Kick some arse in your own way y'all. Butt Velcro attached, and strapped in. Passing it to the right and to the left.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Great job there G!!!!

Hello & welcome Solista, glad you are here. Please settle in & make yourself comfortable
                                Getting that first AF day is difficult but worth the effort

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X