Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1513342 wrote: Tess, that article stinks! I think I disagree with the whole thing! Maybe for a guy the backpack and whisky thing, but unless there are good bathroom facilities, a battery operated curling iron and internet, I'm out!
    That's why our community here is SO important. Society is telling us it's OK to drink...we are the few that must not participate. I don't know how anyone could be in recovery alone. There are just too many bombardments of advertisements, social functions, family and friends shoving it in our faces. There is strength in numbers, so together we can forge ahead! Sober IS the new drunk. Byrdie

P.S. I love my Chihuahua!!

Yes, Byrdie, I hear you!! The article does stink!! I really enjoy a bubble bath. But bubbles dissapear so quickly in the freezing river... You know, the current and all... Brrr... (Where is my electric blanket??)

Seriously though, community is ESSENTIAL to achieving and maintaining sobriety. I absolutely agree!! My message is not about hiking or about being a rugged outdoors man. Not at all!! My thoughts are that no matter
    what we do in life, there is a message that drinking alcohol makes it better. And THAT is the lie. That is the trap.

P.S. I love my two Lab-Mix dogs. They are gems!! ALL dogs are delightful when placed in the right environment for them. Hey, we all (dogs included) just want to be loved!! ~
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1513342 wrote: P.S. I love my Chihuahua!!
      I love mine too...I just don't feel like it's mutual! :H

My older dog is definitely the Queen and Diva, so the Chihuahua kinda HAD to latch on to my daughter...my dog would have never let her latch on to me! Sometimes the chihuahua forgets she hates me and actually jumps on my lap. LOL
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, Chihuahuas are their own people! They don't take crap off anybody! While I was gone this week, Rubi wouldn't eat or get out of bed!! She has been like butt Velcro since I got back!!! She's not everyone's cup o tea, but I sure love her!! We are yappy! xxo, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

screwed up

I hate to post this, but I must. I went on a 4 day bender and today is my day one, again. Right now, I have the shakes and a slight headache with some dizziness. On top of it, I have an ear infection so I'm more dizzy and I used the AL to help ease some of the pain of the ear, except, I can't do that. I stumbled across a link that I have been reading, but now I can't find it. It was started in 2008 and it's called, you know you are an alcoholic when...and I have been reading everyone's input. It's quite a wake up call for me. Normally, I would get the shakes in the morning but because of how much I drank, are just now hitting and it's 3:30pm. It's only been 8 hours since my last drink. I love the community here and Byrdie, you give me such inspiration. I read my journal on what I went through the last time I quit and how I managed even with all that alcohol soaked cheese and veggies and I just stumbled and stumbled HARD! Tonight is going to be hell as I spent most of the day in bed trying to get sober:upset:

I anyone knows where that link is for you know you are an acoholic, can you post it? I only made it through a few pages and want to keep on reading.

I'm sorry, I feel like I've let everyone down.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sodagirl, first of all, thank you for the kind words!
            Secondly, I bumped up that thread for you...You know you're an ALK when....
            Thirdly, phooey! You have NOT let us down. Look who you're talking to: The Poster Child for Falling. I tried for a dang year! Yes, I'm that dam dumb! But it finally stuck! It won't take you that long because I'm not sure I've ever met anyone as THICK as I am. But I finally got it and I'm running with it! The only way we'd be let down is if you stopped trying! So let's brush off and get it underway again...you got this!! We'll be right here! Zero Tolerance...that's what it takes. Byrdie
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry to hear that Soda and hope you feel better soon x
              The main thing is you're back :hug:
              Here is the link:
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...hen-23467.html
              AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine-no, now yer just showing off! Posting links! I'ma add that to my list of things to learn to do, where is my tech support? (NoSugar!!!)
                Are you feeling better? Hope you are up and around and celebrating your new hat! XO, Byrdie
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have been reading a lot of posts but feel too new to comment on anything right now sorry but I am reading and it's helping a lot. I made it through day 1 and am heading into day 2. It's huge for me as its the first 24 hrs AF I've had in years.

Sleep was okish for the most part but I do feel agitated and restless. I will get through today and on to the next... I have to.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Soda -
                    You didn't let us down, it's the nature of the Beast! HE is not going to let you go so easily...he will fight and bargain and try to convince you that he's not so bad. Remember how you feel right now and next time you want to drink, think about it...think about the REALITY of drinking, not the warm/fuzzy version. Remember laying in bed all day trying not to be dizzy and nauseated. That's the TRUTH about alcohol...it's poison and our bodies don't want it. Like Byrdie said, you only fail when you quit trying. So please feel better today and start over...and be thankful you have another chance. We are here for you! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1513314 wrote:

Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before.

Oh this is just BEWDIFUL
                      . May I make this my sigline K9??

Pretty please? :whee:

kambob
                      Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1513372 wrote: Wine-no, now yer just showing off! Posting links! I'ma add that to my list of things to learn to do, where is my tech support? (NoSugar!!!)
                        Are you feeling better? Hope you are up and around and celebrating your new hat! XO, Byrdie
                        Haha! I just cut and pasted the address bar and it did a nice little shortcut automatically:H
                        I am feeling a bit better but still feverish:upset: I did do an acceptance speech in the end though - didn't want to seem ungrateful for my party hat
                        I need to add another point which is you start to recover from illness quicker when you're AF! Still a red nose reindeer - but that's because of the cold and runny nose and not the booze
                        AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

Newbies Nest

kambob;1513384 wrote: Oh this is just BEWDIFUL. May I make this my sigline K9??

Pretty please? :whee:

kambob
                          Well...I dunno...what's in it for me? :H

Just kidding...please do!

Comment

Newbies Nest

solista;1513374 wrote: I have been reading a lot of posts but feel too new to comment on anything right now sorry but I am reading and it's helping a lot. I made it through day 1 and am heading into day 2. It's huge for me as its the first 24 hrs AF I've had in years.

Sleep was okish for the most part but I do feel agitated and restless. I will get through today and on to the next... I have to.
                            Read away Solista and post when you're ready. Congratulations on making it through day one :welcome:
                            AF since Halloween 2016

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK...now let's see if this baby works!
                              Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY

Comment

Working...
                                X