Clear All

Newbies Nest

Looks lovely twinnie x
    AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine-no!;1513406 wrote: Looks lovely twinnie x
      Heh! I just love that quote....it says so much so simply.

And how would you be on your Friday night there Missus? First day of Summer for you tomorrow, AND the weekend to boot? (It's still dark here, buckets of rain and a gloomy weekend ahead....I'm going into sloth mode, with trashy books, some vids and lots of junk food.....my idea of heaven!)

Take care, and congrats for the month! :h

kambob
      Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm not well:upset:
        I have been in bed with the chills... Horrible shivering fever and then feeling boiling hot and a rattling chest :-(. My youngest daughter was sick with it the beginning of this week.
        Still better than I would be if I was still drinking... Now I can think clearly to feel sorry for myself haha!
        It's not great weather here either but hopefully will improve soon. Have a nice weekend xx:l
        AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
          Crazy busy today....raining and storms here....bleh
          No plans for the evening except to stay close here and watch some mindless TV...
          Life is good.
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well it is me again. I really messed up yesterday. I got snot slinging drunk. I know, not sure what happened but it did.

So today is my day one again. Was sick this morning much better this afternoon. Shakes almost gone, anxiety is gone. Still kicking myself in the butt.

Sodagirl I hope you feel better real soon we can do this together.

Much love to all looking forward to accumulating AF days again.
            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wine-no!;1513416 wrote: I'm not well:upset:
              I have been in bed with the chills... Horrible shivering fever and then feeling boiling hot and a rattling chest :-(. My youngest daughter was sick with it the beginning of this week.
              Still better than I would be if I was still drinking... Now I can think clearly to feel sorry for myself haha!
              It's not great weather here either but hopefully will improve soon. Have a nice weekend xx:l

Yep....happy wallowing! It IS a good feeling to feel sorry for oneself instead of the horrible guilt and shame we experience drinking. We might feel just as crap, but you're allowed to whinge now!! :H

Hope Mr Wine-no is pampering you, bringing you hot lemon and honey drinks, and lots of cuddles. I was gonna send you some healing chocolates
              , but I ate them all, sorry. :moon: :H

kambob
              Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1513424 wrote: Well it is me again. I really messed up yesterday. I got snot slinging drunk. I know, not sure what happened but it did.

So today is my day one again. Was sick this morning much better this afternoon. Shakes almost gone, anxiety is gone. Still kicking myself in the butt.

Sodagirl I hope you feel better real soon we can do this together.

Much love to all looking forward to accumulating AF days again.
                :l JDG :l

Check in tomorrow - We're starting an AF June thread.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Soda and jd girls:
                  If at first you don't succeed.....
                  I am here wishing you the best.
                  Sol
                  read when you feel urges. I read at night when my insomnia kicks in. Sometime it will sooth me back to sleep thinking about how much better my life is without al and with all my friends at mwo.
                  Happy al free weekend all.
                  I forgot to add, I had a pitbull for 12 years as my daughter grew up. Lovely dog. Daughter has a beautiful blue. Another lovely dog. It is in the raising and getting them altered before puberty. That is an opinion, but one shared by lots of people I 've talked to.
                  As everyone knows I am into eagles now. My first little dogs. Little to me.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops auto correct again. Beagles not eagles.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little Beagle, had to chuckle at your typo because of one I did today. On the thread where we post number of AF days I put my name as Unwanted.:upset: Guess I'm feeling insecure.

My niece has always loved Beagles - never had one. They seem sweet, though.

Sending peace and strength to all the Nesters - hope everyone can get back on track.

xx,
                      UN:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all I still feel like crap, but know this will happen. My problem is that I get anxiety and think I'm dying or I can't drive or I will pass out or...etc. and I know it's all caused from alcohol. Hell, the last time I quit I had the sweats for almost a week, but it was better than the anxiety and dizziness...that coupled with an ear infection...what a dumb ass I was. I actually went to my dr. last Friday for a followup and was concerned because my stomach was bloated and my ankles swollen and he read me my last test results and one on the liver is a little high, but that can be from medication I'm taking. I go this Tuesday to get an ultrasound and more blood work and it's fasting...I'm gonna starve..LOL.

I have my kids this weekend and need to take them to a athletic event at 8:30am tomorrow...I hope I feel better. It's only up the road, so hopefully I can get there, drop them and make it back home to rest and pick them up later. WOW, AL sucks and I freely went back.....that's what hurts me the most. I WANT what all the SOBER people have and I guess I just have to keep working on it.

I think I will try to join in June 1st month. Each day sober is amazing!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1513369 wrote: Look who you're talking to: The Poster Child for Falling. I tried for a dang year! Yes, I'm that dam dumb! because I'm not sure I've ever met anyone as THICK as I am.
                          Err, try ME! :H

Back on the horse Soda and JD. There is no failure. Look at me. An AF champion, sober for 2.5 years recently, then didn't fall, but made a choice to drink. It has taken me 2 years of stop start, stop start drinking to get back on the AF wagon. I haven't been drinking wildly out of control like before, but I could see the gates of hell creaking open to welcome me back. No thanks.

Getting back on the AF train has been deceptively difficult for a seasoned campaigner like myself. AL is a crafty foe, but it is about what happens to our body chemistry when we drink again, and how and why this results in strong mental and physical cravings. For me, knowledge is power, and just understanding and learning how and why my body and mind reacts to AL the way it does is making my quit a lot easier.

Think positive everyone, and just push through and keep going if you are struggling.

Day 20. Bring it on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1513456 wrote: Err, try ME! :H

Getting back on the AF train has been deceptively difficult for a seasoned campaigner like myself. AL is a crafty foe, but it is about what happens to our body chemistry when we drink again, and how and why this results in strong mental and physical cravings. For me, knowledge is power, and just understanding and learning how and why my body and mind reacts to AL the way it does
                            is making my quit a lot easier.
                            Anything you can share for the uninitiated, G?
                            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am struggling big time because I have been in a foul mood for weeks and can't seem to shake it. I can't believe it after 4 months. So, I need to build my arsenal....off to an AA meeting
                              Maybe I need a vacation.....that sounds so good but it is an entire month away and only one week long!!! I hate it when I feel this way because I really and truly do not have all that much to be down about....but then again, am I suppressing something and that is preventing me from being happy?
                              I just don't know

Sorry to be such a downer. The good news is, despite feeling this way, I am NOT GOING TO DRINK
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1513497 wrote: I am struggling big time because I have been in a foul mood for weeks and can't seem to shake it. I can't believe it after 4 months. So, I need to build my arsenal....off to an AA meeting
                                Maybe I need a vacation.....that sounds so good but it is an entire month away and only one week long!!! I hate it when I feel this way because I really and truly do not have all that much to be down about....but then again, am I suppressing something and that is preventing me from being happy?
                                I just don't know

Sorry to be such a downer. The good news is, despite feeling this way, I am NOT GOING TO DRINK
                                Hang in there Jennie! I clearly recall a member here recently saying that they had MAJOR cravings at around 4 months that eventually they went away. And Kuya says a lot that her emotions were all over the place for a long time. But she's 8+ months AF and they have been stabilized for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X