Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to pop in and say hello....I'm pretty new here and plan to be more active to get through June AF, so you will be seeing more from me.

Struggles.....Your post really made my heart ache. I am sending a BIG hug to you. I know all too well that feeling and so do most of us here. It's okay to cry and get it out. Once you are done crying, pick yourself back up and keep moving. Don't give up. I wish I had had the thought to video myself....it probably would have helped me a long time ago. That was a great idea. Drink lots of water (warm water with lemon if you have lemons), take the supplements that you have and a warm shower always helped me. The main thing is to get the toxins out of your system and you will feel so much better. It was also a good idea to dump the beer...it would just make things worse. Stay in the Nest for support.....it's not easy (I've had to start over more times than I can count) and it's only Day 3 for me but I already feel better. We can do this!
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

struggles;1514265 wrote: Thank you Siren. I have the All One powder. I havent taken in about a week. Why am I so dizzy? This one is new. I know it's a hangover, but now I'm getting worried that I'm dying or something which is causing me anxiety. I have xanax, but not sure if that will help. I just can't stop crying and I wish I had someone to just hold me and tell me it's going to be okay. I can't tell my boyfriend I drank, he'll leave me for sure. I feel like my world is crumbling. My stupid head just told me that I shouldn't have dumped the beer because that would make me feel better...I just watched my mini video of myself and cried harder.
      Oh Struggles,
      I so feel for you, and can relate to the "just wanting someone to hold you and tell you everything's going to be ok". I have been feeling that way a lot lately; trying to find my footing in a new Country, have cried myself to sleep many nights over the past month, just wishing someone would hold me; that sense of security. My husband is too busy with work, and then still has his cocktails when he gets home, just doesn't seem to have time for me and it is lonely and isolating. What I can tell you; is life is so much better when you take alcohol out of the equation. Have yourself a good cry, then dry off your tears and get back on the wagon, you can do this! I am sending you a giant cyber hug!
      "Sometimes the strongest people are the ones who love beyond all faults, cry behind closed doors and fight battles that nobody knows about".
      ~Author Unknown
      AF since February 4, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Struggles, I'm too new to offer advice, but I am sending you a big hug. I just finished posting about my "mother-guilt" on a different thread, so I can truly empathize with your pain. The only thing I do know is that another drink just leads to more shame. Please take care of yourself today. And let yourself have that good cry. I'm learning it really does help.
        Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters! So good to see the new faces and some returning faces!

I know it seems sometimes that the world is plotting against us and the only comfort we can find is AL, but if you read the posts on this site for the last 24 hours you can easily see that the place we turn for comfort is actually the worst place we could go. Like Kuya said yesterday in one of her posts, what we are all seeking is relief from isolation and companionship. Whatever is going on in your life....WHATEVER it is, AL is not going to improve it...for us, it makes it 1000 times worse. What I had to learn to do is take the option of AL out of the equation. It's just NOT an option anymore. I tell myself, 'NO, HELL NO! AL is not going to take one more day of my life!' We, as alcoholics, must tell ourselves NO. One drink for us is lethal. One drink is the ticket to hell. One drink will not solve this problem. One drink IS the problem...not the solution. One drink to make us feel better from having drank too much is pouring fuel onto the fire. We must take AL out of our lives to survive. Some of us fought this demon for years....and we proved over and over that as long as we (as ALK) introduce AL into the picture, the outcome is dismal. Despair is the outcome of an ALK when we drink. Period.

Start a new day with a new attitude. It only takes a couple AF days to get your mojo back! Keep it going! The longer you go the easier it is!! Stay the course and you will never regret it!! There were plenty of times that I wondered what was the use, but for whatever reason, I stayed with it. I feel free!! THAT'S what for! Living life free of addiction is what it's all about. Try to find something to be grateful for today.....your friends, your family, your MWO family.....Make today a better day by keeping AL out of it! Happy Sunday!
          Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stuggles, sending you positive energy from across the globe. I think it was remarkable that you had the foresight to video tape yourself. That's a lot of self awareness and desire to stop allowing the alcohol beast control your life.

For my two cents, come up with a plan for today. How you will get through today's difficult moments. Walk, exercise, chocolate, read poetry, eat ice cream (I confess to allowing Pringles back into my life), whatever it takes for you to get through today. As you can tell already, there are people immediately reaching out to you. We have all been desperate to change, otherwise, we would not have come to this site.
            Free at Last
            "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
            http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

My dizzyness is still there, but not as bad. I ate lunch and my stomach hurts. I am feeling shaky still and still scared I am dying, but I know it gets better. I have been drinking carbonated water with lemon, so maybe that's the stomach ache, also noticed I am now getting the "poops"..guess AL is finally moving it's way out of me. In 6 hours I will be 24 hours done. I had some really hefty cravings a little while ago and I played a board game with the kids. WHY does are brain try to tell us that in order to make us feel better, we need to drink more. As bad as I feel, I almost gave in :upset: But i watched my short video again, listed to my words and realized that I cannot drive with this dizzy feeling. It's the fear I'm feeling about dying or going through severe withdrawals that is making me panic. I am drying my tears and please pray that I feel better soon. I want the sobriety, yet I keep stumbling. I took topa last year and am going to go back on. Please promise me tomorrow I will feel better. I tried to write down everything today, but I was so shaky, I gave up. I did start a page typing how I feel about alcohol and the effects it has on me. It's really disheartening of how destructive it is. Thank you all for listening. I remember reading in a post by Byrdie that after 36 hours, all the alcohol is gone from your body....I always thought it was five days, but I'm holding on to that 36 hour mark. That means by around 8am tomorrow morning I should feel clearheaded and able to make it through the day. Unfortunately, I have Mondays off and no kids until Wednesday, but I do work on Tuesday. I usually used Mondays to drink "lightly" so I wouldn't have the withdrawals..what a lie that was I told myself and actually believed it ;(

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Struggles, I am not a doctor so can't address physical symptoms. By all means, if you don't get better, you should seek help.

My best advice is to drink plain water with lemon. The seltzer water can be upsetting to your stomach in too large quantities. The poops are pretty common after too much alcohol -- the body trying to get rid of toxins. My suggestion re writing about alcohol. One sentence, "I will not go through another day/moment like this again." Make yourself read it anytime you are tempted.

Stay close.
                Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there struggles. I was in your place just a short time ago. I really does get easier. And it's so worth it. I had anxiety so bad when I was decoding. It felt like I was dying.
                  You aren't the only one to feel this way. Tomorrow will be better. Only if you stay alcohol free though. Take care.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Going bake to what Jennings said about the bad moods and feeling really out of sorts. I have been struggling with the same thing. I realize that I put so many things off when I was drinking. Emotional issues, financial issues, and just day to day things around my house. I now have a mountain of work. I am just so thankful that I'm af and getting emotionally stronger every day.
                    Oneredshoe. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now. I know how it is when the person you live with still drinks and you don't feel like your even on the same page any longer. At least you have friends here you can talk to. Keep smiling. Your face will tell your brain you are happy and then it will be so.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ORS, just read your second post today -- am sending you a giant cyber hug to tell you it will be ok, you can do this, and you are more resilient than you realize. Give Maggie a belly rub and an extra dose of rice/vegies/beans or whatever her special treat is.
                      Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon, and Wow - these posts make me feel so less alone in this!!! My heart goes out to all of you/us struggling. I did manage do get through day1 yesterday, finally!! I even had 2/3 a bottle of wine in my basement fridge, which I was going to give to my son to take away, but forgot. Plus, we had a hash run this morning (the drinking club with the running problem), at which there was a beverage stop, which I declined (a wine/whisky/pineapple typed of bevvie, and I am not touching ANYTHING with wine in it!!). Probably not the best type of club for a gal like me!!!!

So, 36 hours for all alcohol to leave the system. I should be through it. Maybe that is why I became completely, physcially exhausted on our way home. I even fell asleep in my van while my guy ran into the store, so had to have a nap for an hour!!! Wow!!! That is not like me. Probably months of sleep deprivation will be catching up to me after fighting sleep with wine.

Anyhow - wondefulr sunday to you all! Day 2, here I come. I shall use the drink tracker. I always have liked that thing!
                        xoxo peanut

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nester's near and not so far,

Hang in there y'all.

Day 22. Bring it on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job today everyone! Tuck yourselves in tight and strap on the butt Velcro! laster:laster: We'll be cheek to cheek!! Have a safe, sober evening! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Another gloomy day in Melbourne, but I don't have to be out in it.

Congratulations to all who have a few hours, a day or even a couple of days free of the shackles of alcohol. It does get better, and it does make you feel so damned strong even to get one extra day out of the way. Make sure to pat yourselves on the back every minute if necessary.....:goodjob:

kambob
                              Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree with Peanut.....it's good to feel like we aren't alone in this. I had a good day hangover free. Did gardening and made it through the evening without that after gardening wine....even while my husband sipped on his evening cocktail. I had a brief craving but I went and cleaned off the deck and it went away. Looking forward to Day 4 and a productive day at work tomorrow.

Struggles.....I am in no way an expert but I find that the day after drinking for me is full of anxiety and I feel like I want to crawl in a hole. The second day is better but not great. Once I get to the third day (Day 3 for me today), I start to feel much better. I am hoping that when I get past days 3-5, it will get much easier. Hang in there....it will get better.

Have a good AF evening everyone!
                                Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                                [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Working...
                                X