Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

A shout out to daily wine and peanut. Keep at it. This battle is definitely worth fighting and winning.
    D A
    welcome. Read read read and post when feeling low or weak. That has helped me so much.
    Busy day today. I am getting bunches together for my in laws visit. We are having a river party. Hoping they don't drink too much and drown themselves. I plan to use this visit to revisit all the reasons I quit drinking al. I am sure there will be plenty of food for thought provided.
    Nite all. Or morning.
    Have a great af time today.
    :dog::dog:
    I love dogs!
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess,
      So very sorry to hear about your mom, very proud of you at the same time for showing the strength to remain AF during such an extremely difficult time, that is indeed the magnificent part.
      Hope your mom will definitely be okay.
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okay, so the "computer" (MWO website programming) is upset with me because I can't seem to enter my correct password. It is threatening to give me the boot.

"Prolly yer just... what?" (or something like that, as Byrdie might say - God! I can't think). But it seems that I'm here. Letters are appearing on the monitor in front of me.

So... Hmm... what really matters in life?? Life. That is what I think, at the moment, really matters. Life.

Dear Nesters, I am going to do you a favor and sign off for the evening. I love each and every one of you dearly. I know that getting and staying sober is a "tough row to how." (Hmm... "how" looks misspelled at the moment, but I don't have the energy to worry about misspellings.) Oh wait! I think it's "hoe." Yes, I think that's it.

But hell, who cares, we love gardening, yes?

Sweet Dreams, All. ~
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, I'm so sorry to hear about these trials.
          I couple years back, I found a lump...it was a LONG wait between the drs appointments and the final diagnosis of scar tissue. The one thing I learned during that time, was to try and not let my mind run away with me. I was not going to worry until someone told me to. It really helped. I hope that your mom's lump will be easily removed.

I can tell you one thing for sure. Drinking wouldn't have made it go away. Drinking won't do anything but make everything worse. Drinking is just the exact opposite of what you think/hope it will do now. We know better....so try and take some deep breaths and not worry yourself sick. One step at a time.....we are here with you. Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. Day No. 5 for me, almost over. I was tired and a little cranky today. I didn't want to drink but when I came home tonight and saw my Husband sitting there relaxing with a drink after work, I wanted to smack him upside the head.....not sure what that was all about. I am honestly looking forward to Day 6 tomorrow.

Tess....I hope everything works out with your Mom.

Have a great night everyone..
            Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
            [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Sweet Byrdie, I've been spending an unbelievable amount of time (computer authorized) thinking about how to say thank you. So... I think it does not matter "how" we thank someone, only that we say, "Thanks for your help."

So... Thanks for your help!!

You are loved by many!! ~
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess
                I am so very proud of you!!!! It sounds like you are the rock in your family. I am sure you are so grateful that you are present for your sister and mom. And I can totally relate to wanting to simply submerge into alcohol but then NOT doing it!! It is hard indeed but Byrd, as usual, is completely right.....AL will only make everything so much worse.

My prayers go out to you and your family
                Jennie
                I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in, third night of going to bed without blacking out. I slept a little more last night but it's still way past my black out time. I've been thinking about drinking tonight. The escape is such a relief for me. I can't of course, but my mind is trying to make the good feelings take over how miserable I was on Sunday.

Oh well, eyes are droopy so good night...

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAHA Miley!! Love it, I too at times would like to smack someone in the side of the head!! My previous attempts to quit in the past was when I was with a boyfriend (THANKFULLY NOW AN EX-BOYFRIEND) who refused to quit, on top of that he smoked so he would sit out in his shed getting drunk, smoking and gambling away, it just made me feel such a connectiion and bond with him!!!!!!!!! I've found so much strength this time around living alone and managing to stay AF- I seriously wasn't even going to bother trying, I always resigned myself to drinking when I was on my own, many a drunken night crying to myself about wanting to stop!!
                    That being said, I look forward to sharing my life with someone, but hopefully I too vcan refrain from smacking them in the side of the head should they decide to have a drink HAHA!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Peeps (chirps) - made another $75 tonight canvassing. I'm done for this year. Phew! Kinda nice meeting all the different people in the neighborhood! I shall relax for a bit now - no challenges tonight, exercise wise, and the wine challenge is really not a problem, as I got through the 4:00 cravings and mind games. Food Rules!!!!
                      Goodnight all!
                      xoxoxo peanut

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, quick check in with the nest before starting a full day at work.

Moretoit -- I am sorry to hear about your brother and you are in my thoughts. in the past couple of years, both my father and mother-in-law died, after long illnesses. Their will to live was so strong it took days of watching them slowly cross over. (My dad was in a coma for over a week, with no food/water). In each case, I was privileged to be with them at the moment of their passing--something that I will always cherish. With my father, I took photographs on his very last day so that I could remember that his body was really only an exterior container for his soul. When I have moments of missing him, I look at the photos, and I am comforted knowing his spirit remains with me. I am wishing you much strength and eventual peace.

Dear Tess -- you, too, sound like a tower/rock of strength. You are also in my thoughts.
                        Free at Last
                        "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                        http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thoughts are with you and your families Moretoit and Tess.

You are both amazing people I see. Take good care of yourselves.

Wrapping up day 24 here.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, you are one strong lady. Handling two family crises in one day and remaining AF is truly inspiring. Hopefully, your mom's lump will turn out to be nothing, but I can only imagine how frightening this must be for your whole family. Saying prayers for a good outcome.

Moretoit - Wish I knew the perfect words. Just know I am thinking of you. Take care of yourself.
                            Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Getting ready to go spend the day with my daughter & grandaughter. These are the times I am especially grateful for my quits, the freedom to do what I want to do

Tess, sorry to hear about your day yesterday. Life's events will continue regardless of whether we choose to drink AL or not. Choosing to remain AL free will only make you stronger, hang in there

Moretoit, sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he will be kept comfortable with his family around him at this time. Some things are just out of our control but you can choose to take care of yourself :l

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Wednesday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

Just wanted to stop in to say hi.

Some D :welcome: - I'll go read your link - great that you found us!!

Moretoit and Tess - sending you guys peace and strength. The only thing I can say is that I was NOT present in the right way for my mom as she was dying (because of alcohol). I wish I had that card to play over but I don't. So, in a way, my staying sober is a tribute to my mom. I know she noticed and it probably troubled her. Be there for your loved ones rather than being in a fog like I was.

Love to you all,
                                UN:l

Comment

Working...
                                X