Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to say good morning. Day No. 6 here!

Moretoit and Tess - So sorry to hear about the hard times that you are having. You both seem strong...hang in there.

Hope everyone has a great, AF Day.

Miley
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

so ashamed

im so sorry guys. I too had a few days under my belt and fell again. today I feel worthless, not hungover or withdrawing just worthless. I know I can do it I had almost 30 days the last time.

Whats wrong with me?
      JDG
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG

There is nothing wrong with you. The choice to drink is wrong. YOU are a perfectly made person. And kinda cute, too.

You did it, you can still do it.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

That was a great message unwasted. I'm sorry for everyone that's currently struggling with things....my heart goes out to you.

There's nothing wrong with you JDG. You're stuck in the same hamster wheel that the rest of us have been in. The worthless feeling is amplified by the alcohol in your system. You know that in a couple of days, things will look brighter and you'll become more positive. That's exactly why it's so easy at that point to convince yourself that you really weren't that bad, and that it's ok to drink!

My first quit I made it just over 30 days. Then I struggled for the next 6 months trying to quit again....Don't waste the summer trying...Stomp out that tiny little voice - the one that's keeping you from being 100% committed...the one that tells you you might not be completely sure that you can or even want to be totally AF. Do some soul searching - figure out what keeps pulling you back. If you really want it, then take all the necessary steps to ensure your success. :-) Get the alcohol out of your house and avoid situations like the plague, which would make you tempted. You'll get back to where you were, and then you'll soar....Show some of that stubbornness that you've got.
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
            So many great posts! Tess, thank you so much for the kind words.
            Miley, you are mere inches away from your Full Moon. I know Jenni is over there warming up her buns for you! Great job on 6 days!! I found the even days easier than the odd days until I got to Day 13. Something clicked in my head on that day and I knew this was something I could do! I fell twice before on Day 12....if only I'd known I was so close to the prize!! (slapping myself up side the head).
            G-man, you are rounding the curve to achieving your hat! I know you don't want to miss out on THAT!!
            JDG, there is NOTHING wrong with you....that is the power of addiction. You can do this! If I can, I KNOW you can, too. (I'm not that bright!!)
            Guard your quits like a pot of gold!! Go out and make it a great hump day!! XO, Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Nesters,

Good morning, day, or evening - wherever this post finds you.

Being sober does not change the fact that life is a series of ups and downs and problems to be solved. However, being sober gives us the ability to feel and think and truly live life. Being drunk changes life into one big wasted blur.

Stay strong. Be loyal to your highest aspirations. And remember to laugh at yourself once in a while. Life doesn't always
              need to be so serious. :happyheart:
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,
                Beautiful day here in sunny Saskatchewan. Some sad times for some, but you will get through it - thinking of bothh of you!!!
                Sleep is totally filled with the strangest dreams these days - wow!!! Anybody else find strange dreams when first going AF??? The first times I did this, I had the worse nightmare ever! At least these are just strange and detailed, instead of scarey and gorey!!!
                Great day to everyone!
                xoxo peanut

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,
                  I came home from work yesterday to find out my 16 year old had some friends over than made a mess of my home and got high. So of course my respoonse with out even thinking was to go get a bottle of wine and drink the whole thing. I took off work today to deal with my son and of course I didn't feel great. Really??? I can't believe I did that again. The stress I am going thru with him right now is terrible but I need to find another source of stress relief. One more week and his father will take him out of town for 3 weeks and maybe I will find some calm...I need to make sure my hubby is on the same page as me so he won't drink wine when he returns tomorrow. Its such an evil thing! How can I expect my son to change when I am not.
                  DW
                  DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Been reading about several people who chose to listen to that pesky inner voice saying "go ahead" or "just a glass or 2." I know I gave into those thoughts of "just tonight, just 2 glasses" during my holiday and wished I had been stronger and completely resisted the temptations. But, beating ourselves up is non-productive. Better to come back to MWO, start anew, and double up on the posting and plans for getting past triggers.

Today, I had thoughts of wine and realized, I am hungry (so I ate peanuts and ordered early dinner), lonely (went to MWO and started writing), and sluggish, which might be construed as tired (got some exercise). What happened? The thoughts lessened and now I wonder what was I thinking. So, if you give in, don't give up. Come back to MWO.

Wishing everyone strength and peace.
                    Free at Last
                    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
                    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Free at Last,
                      I know exactly how you feel. I used to keep a bag of peanuts on hand at work to keep hunger at bay, and am finding feeding myself when hungry really works. As soon as I get that growly belly, visions of wine tumblers start dancing in my head! Peanuts are what I would wish for if lost on a desert island and only had one thing to eat!
                      xoxo peanut!

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Nest is packed full of amazing and fabulous people!! I have taken a few moments to read back a day or two, and the flow of conversation, which includes empathy, tips, frustrations, successes, skinned knees, and lots & lots of love, is an inspiration!! I want to take the posts and write a book. But that wouldn't work. Ya gotta be in The Nest, preening feathers with other Nesters, for the "magic" to work. :chick:

Here's the deal with alcohol: It only knows how to lie. So... whenever the liquid poison starts to whisper in your ear, you can be absolutely, 100% money back guaranteed, certain that what you're hearing is a litany of lies. It's all a hoax.

Sweetest and most-dear fellow fledglings, try very hard not to fall for it. Yesterday, during a stressful time, I used my imagination to conjure up a shower of beer that would saturate my body and numb me to the pain. (Alcohol was whispering in my ear.) But then I had to really think about it: 1) The damn shower will stink. 2) Formaldehyde is bad for the complexion. 3) Amber clashes with the lovely pastel color of my body wash. 4) The beer foam will leave rings around my ankles. Not good!!

Also, I would like to apologize for my language yesterday. It erupted from a place of fear. There is something primal about trashy words. I wonder why. I mean, a baby's first words are not usually straight out of the gutter. Dada and Mama come to mind. Still, in our gut (buried beneath our heart) is this place of darkness. Well, I'm going to let someone else figure that out. But as I say, I send my most sincere apologies. :blush:

My advice (I know, I know, you're not asking for it) is: fly into The Nest every day and then strap yourself in for safekeeping every night. We are now issuing improved, clean and colorful, brand new (not recycled) butt Velcro. We huddle in the nest at night so that predators (namely, any form of alcohol) do not have a chance. Safety in numbers. Safety in numbers!!wl:laster::finger:

Okay, probably didn't need "the finger," but it's kind of like a "No Trespassing" sign posted to The Nest: Do NOT even think about messing with us!!
                        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I too must confess that I caved yesterday. I woke up with a fuzzy head and feeling tired and just out of it. I watched the video I made and cried and wondered how I could let myself down like that. The voice said, "just one beer, you have tomorrow off and no kids until tomorrow night. C'mon, who's going to tell?" In almost 4 hours, it will be 24 hours since my last drink. That's about 8pm. However, around 2pm I got the worst anxiety attack, shaking, light headed, a little sweaty and feeling overwhelmed like I was going to die. I took my xanax and it didn't touch it. i had a dr. appt and he told me to go to Urgent Care. I couldn't tell him I drank and that's what caused the attack, so I made it back home and took another xanax, it's really low, only.25. I cried, called my neighbor and confessed to her that I was back to drinking and she said she knew. She told me I ABSOLUTELY cannot do this on my own and need help. So, I may go to AA tomorrow or see if there is another support group for this addiction. I will find an addiction counselor, who I'm sure my addiction dr. will gladly recommend and stay close to here. So, day one almost done and I'm armed with the supplements, and need to change my routine. It seems when I'm bored that I become weak and give in. Onto day two tomorrow and I have to go into the office so that will make the day a little easier. I may run out and do some grocery shopping to pass the time. Last year with my success, I would go to the grocery store every day, even if it was just to get ice cream, but it passed the time. Thank you all for the support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Best to you, struggles. Day Two is within your reach!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's,

Hi Struggles, and Halfway.

Struggles, good job on day 1. Here's a link to our toolbox. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Why not read it from start to finish. This will educate, inspire and distract you in the early days AF, and beyond. Best wishes on your journey. Getting real life support is a great idea.

Day 25. Bring it on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1515799 wrote:
                                Miley, you are mere inches away from your Full Moon. I know Jenni is over there warming up her buns for you!
                                :H:H

Go Miley!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                                X