Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Sun love your paint I used to have a couple back in the day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Solista! Good to see you!
      G, always a pleasure, you are closing in on 30 days!!!! Wootie Hoot!

I hope everyone has a safe and sober night in the nest! Like Tess says, strap yourselves in good and don't look down! Keep your quit going no matter what and no matter who!!! You will never regret being sober!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie have a good night too and I hope everyone has a great AF night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Struggles the important thing is to keep going. If you lose a battle, the war is not lost. You just have to review your campaign and shore up your weaknesses.
          I had a very strange dream last night. I was under the kitchen sink eat ing the rat poison. Then it switched to a beer. Am i coming to accept that alcohol really is a poison? I think so . Extra butt velcro on and feeling protected in the nest.
          Nite all.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My turn to wish everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest

For those of you needing extra help - grab the butt velcro & apply firmly!
            None of us will ever quit drinking until we understand that we have to stop chosing AL first!
            Stress, lonliness, emotional pain, etc. will make us uncomfortable but won't kill us ~ AL will kill us eventually. Stop & think before you choose to pick up a drink, it's always a choice.

Wishing a great AF night for one & all.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey everyone....I'm looking forward to my Full Moon tomorrow!

I must admit I had thoughts of that damn wine tonight. Instead of going to the liquor store I came home and had a v8 , some smoked salmon and some cheese. I realized I was just hungry. Once I had a snack the thoughts went away.

So many good posts on here tonight. For those that slipped don't get too caught up in it. Pick up where you left off and push forward. We can do this, especially if we stick together and keep posting!

Have a good evening everyone.
              Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
              [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

well, here I am again tonight, 4th night I am not blacking out by 9. Last night I had my first bad dream since stopping this time. Once again, it was bad enough that it reminded me of one of the things that drinking helped. At least I didn't dream. The dreams are hard to explain, but they are dark, sad, scary and I wake up haunted by them until I can shake it with the start of my routine. Somehow I need to figure out how to make my negative thinking into positive thinking. And maybe that will follow into my sleep. Tonight I am going to sleep thinking of all of the things I am grateful for.

Well, I hope everyone has a good night. Piper...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, Have been out of the loop for a few days.To damned embarrassed and angry to get back in the nest. After 25 days of being AF I slipped and had 3 glasses of wine a few nights ago.Not much, but could have sent me down that dark hole. Fortunatley, I have been able to jump back on the wagon to give it another go.

So whose with me this w/e? It will be my 5th af weekend in a row!! Good luck everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hadit;1516228 wrote: Hello Nesters, Have been out of the loop for a few days.To damned embarrassed and angry to get back in the nest. After 25 days of being AF I slipped and had 3 glasses of wine a few nights ago.Not much, but could have sent me down that dark hole. Fortunatley, I have been able to jump back on the wagon to give it another go.

So whose with me this w/e? It will be my 5th af weekend in a row!! Good luck everyone.
                    Good to see you Hadit.

I'll be popping in and out this weekend. Have a good one.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'll be around, too Hadit. Sticking close to the Nest is a good idea and usually pretty good fun.
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks G and Siren. Yes Siren, hanging around MWO can be fun especially when its a bit wet and cold like we have here at the moment, so will look out for you.:hiya::hiya:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Distraction is key!

Hi Nesters,

Lots of positive thinking going on in the nest, good to see! The fellowship here is wonderful. To those who are going through challenging times, hold on to the thought that staying AF will make you stronger and better able to deal with what life dishes out. I don't mean to minimise what anyone's going through; have had my share of trauma and tragedy. This site is great, just wish i could do more for people sometimes. And i thank those who send kind words my way. It's Day 39 for me today. But the whole AF thing continues to be a day to day propostion. I gain a lot of strength from you fellow Nesters - THANKYOU!

Have learned that distracting myself is a useful tactic against thoughts of al. Especially moving - musn't sit too long if my thoughts start circling. Keeping busy is good!

Welcome to the new Newbies!

Good vibes to you all from Australia.

Steady
                          AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good night

Your're doing great Steady!
                            Distraction is one of the best tools to use in the early days, worked wonders for me!
                            Planning ahead also helps you succeed

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to say hello. I am a newbie. A nest is what I really need right now.
                              hugs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Definetly a sort of kind of newbie, I an 2 days AF... And I hope I can maintain the rest of my life this way...

Comment

Working...
                                X