Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Peanut, Struggles, Little Beagle, Ms Unwasted , et al. :h

Swooping in 2 spend the night. Long day with the kids. Tucked in here with Popcorn and Star Tek, :l
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,well if you are having anxiety won't your doctor prescribe any anxiety for you,have fun on your trip and just remember alcohol is only a thought and a thought can be changed,68 days for me today,going strong without alcohol,.l find my anxiety is better now l quit the wine.Give quitting time 'your anxiety will be a thing of the past.have a great weekend all alcohol free!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone, Its 8.00pm in oz and watching a bit of footy. Normally would have downed a bottle of wine by this time and started the second!! A few friends around enjoying their wine,they are normal drinkers. So the w/e has started and I am going AF. Hope you are all doing well. Catch up tommorow. Stay strong Nesters.:nutso::nutso:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's,

Bcp, I hope doc's aren't prescribing anxiety now!

Have a good night there Hadit. Take care of yourself.

Best wishes y'all. G'night from this end.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Hope everyone is doing alright. Have a great af day.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Soaking rain over my portion of the nest thanks to tropical storm 'Andrea'. This is the first named storm of the hurricane season. Hope all the seeds I planted in the veggie garden don' drown.

Struggles, I had a big problem with anxiety too but that's history now
              Eliminating AL was a big step & I was nervous as hell but I got through it, you can too. I also eliminated Rx meds & went with an OTC herbal preparation (Amoryn). When you get yourself quieted down a bit then look into some meditation. There are lots of guided meditations on the internet (chopra.com)
              Take it one day at a time, breathe & think in terms of gratitude for the peaceful future you are creating for yourself

Have a great AF Friday everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

My doc did at first but l don't take it l might of had 2 of them and that was the first week,l totally don't need it,he just thought l may need it.l am feeling fine without anything,Lt was lorazapam,l had taken it when l was healing from pulmonery embolism,thanks for your concern.have a great day,weekend all!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MOrning,
                  Does anyone have a reccomendation for a residential treatment center for teens? My son counselor has recc. he go to one for ODD. They all seem to be full or 7,000.00 a month. The stress of dealing with this is really causing a struggle with the wine. Had a glass last night and thats all I had in the house so I didn't go get any more. The key will be to not stop on the way home...any info anyone might have would be greatly appreciated I am in Austin Texas but willing to look any where that is good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters from Windy North Carolina! It's definitely a 2-can day (2 cans of hairspray!)

I hope everyone is gearing up for a safe and sober weekend! Friday is just another day, not a first class ticket to Boozeville.

After all, we KNOW what's gonna happen if we take the drink....this time, try seeing what happens if you don't! Stay strong everyone! We are all stronger together! Happy Friday! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone - sorry for not logging in for so long. I have had the most manic week of my life. Organised a huge party at home for my hubbies 50th birthday last weekend and cooked for over 60 people as well as having loads of them to stay.

Our house has enough alcohol left over to run our own bar!! I've stacked it all away in the utility room cupboard out of sight so I won't think about it and have told my kids to help themselves and take it out to parties and BBQ's. I'm hoping next time I look it will all be gone!!

Also, work has gone mad for me this week - everyone has suddenly decided that they need everything done NOW, so I've been working late every night trying to catch up with everything. I am SO looking forward to a lie in tomorrow - might stay in bed all morning and have a duvet day!! :H

I haven't had a chance to read through the nest and catch up with how you're all doing but hope things are going well for everyone.

Have a good weekend - the sun has finally decided to shine here in the UK!

Best wishes Snap x
                      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning ya'll

It is a wet day here in the muggy south. Had some really really bad cravings this am, even got mad and cried when my hubs would not let me use the car for "other reasons". however with my favorite nephew Levi he always brightens my day.

All good now, thank you Jesus.

Hope everyone has wonderful AF w/e.
                        Laughs and hugs to everyone.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters, boy is it a crappy, drab cool morning. Thought I would take a bit of time to read all the posts, it is a pain when the computer has a mind of its own. Strange I type one word and the computer makes a new language, so I am proofing while I type, takes for ever. Don't get me started on scrolling, AWEEE. It should be fixed tonight. So lets sit back and say hi to all the nesters who are hanging on while Andrea shows what she is made of, and to all who are struggling, dreaming, coping or slipping.

Welcome to our newest nesters Hopeff, gofig07, and dthaly

Beagle, thankyou for you PM, dreams are so interesting an some can be down right scary

Byrdie, 2 cans way two funny, very little wind here, however there are alot of people blowing hot air around my area

Snap, I give you HATS OFF, I could never sit with so much AL in the next room
                          Free, I was with my Mom and I treasured being able to be there, it was hard waiting for each breath wondering if it was the last, but would do it again. I will not have the chance with my brother, he will simply go to sleep, my SIL keeps nudging him to make sure.

G, thankyou

Tess, I hope your Mom is OK. I found a lump when I was in my early 20's, turned out it was a form of human mastitice. Was one of the scariest points of my life, I did not even have children yet, and to this day I still have a tender spot where the lump was removed. So there are many different things that could cause it, my thoughts are with you and your Mom.

Lav, thankyou for your kind words, my brother is at home for he refuses to go. He is not comfortable for he cannot take morphene so they try different things.

Unwasted, thankyou also, I found my father, he died after years of AL abuse and smoking.

JDG, there is nothing wrong with you, we all have slipped, some worse than others, so feeling like you do is not necessary. Keep strong, and determined

Daily, my youngest son was a handful, and I was raising him alone like you. It is difficult, hope his
                          father is on the same page as you, my ex was not.

And a note to some of my other nest mates like ( Struggles, Miley, Solista, Piper, Hadit, Siren) and so many more that I have missed, sorry

Comment

Newbies Nest

Very sweet, kind, and thoughtful post, moretoit. Thank you!! :thanks:
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,
                              Everyone sounds marvelous today! I am on day 7 today, and I couldn't have done it without all of you! I know - I have tried and tried over the past couple of years, and the longest I've gone is 3 days!!! This being accountable really works!!! I have lots of social engagements this weekend, but I have confidence that I shall make it through without wine. We are heading into a rainy weekend, sadly- I have to set a running trail tomorrow, don't know how my knee will take a 7-8km trail setup and then actually have to run or walk it, in the rain, but I'll do it, and avoid the beer as well. I shall take some AF beer in case - that has always worked for me in the past on these runs, where there is always a beer stop!!!

DailyWine - I feel for you and your son. My daughter had ODD (and quite severe OCD) too - she was so hard to handle, and in retrospect, I wish I had stopped drinking back then when she was 15 and out of control so I could have handled it better. I ended up sending her to live with her dad in another city as I just couldn't do anything with her anymore. She still is a trial, but I just talked to her and she is at the airport in LVegas and on her way back to Canada - phew. I think now that she is older, she doesn't think she deserves anything good (my interpretation, as she was just so nasty to her sibsand parents as a kid) and puts herself in dangerous situations and with awful guy, the one in particular in LV. She knows she needs help, but it is so hard to help her when she lives in another city. She has been a huge stressor in my life, although I love her to the heavens. Can't blame her for my drinking - I just somehow slipped down the slippery slope into that. I hope you can find some help for your son.

Back to work - I shouldn't be one here, but I just have to drop in and see how everyone is!
                              Have a great AF day, birdies!
                              xoxoxo peanut

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks peanut. I know by drinking has played a part in my sons behavior. My husband did say lst night if we are going to such steep measures to help him then we need to help ourselfs too. I am glad he is getting on board to stop drinking and change our life too. I am impessed with the treatment centers jsut trying to find one I can attempt to afford. Thanks for your support. My son just turned 16 last week so I truly hope I can help him and myself at the same time and we can all heal together.
                                DW

Comment

Working...
                                X