Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters! Hope you are all well, I'm heading out to shop woohoo!! Decorating my house for the first time in a long time, who would have thought, being sober makes me want to have pride in my home

Have great day/ nights xo

Day19 and counting eeeekkkkkk!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters.....Hope everyone is having a good AF evening! It's my second weekend AF and tonight was a little dicey but I made it (thank God and thank MWO).

I was close to giving in and in a nutshell and I thought tomorrow can be Day No. 9 or Day No. 1. I chose Day 9 so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Hang in there Nesters....we can do this! I plan on sticking by here all weekend long...I obviously need the support and it helps!
      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

GOOD morning Nesters. Its a cold but clear day here in oz. ,Hope you are all getting through the weekend af. I have a 60th birthday to go to today and have my plan in place,so am looking fwd to saying to bastard al NO WAY....you are done!

TESS I have been taking AB for a month now and have no side effects.A bit tired but have a chest infection,so putting it down to that. AB takes the question of DO I drink or DON'T I out of the mind game equation our alkie brains plays. I have been af now for about 30 days and had one slip, 3 glasses of wine a week ago. You might ask why did I drink on ab as the side effects can be severe even fatal to some! I had run out of tabs and had a wait of a few days to get some more. I suffered severe side effects. You just can't drink on AB unless you want the worst reaction ever!

Its not a drug to be messed with,as I found out. So you really need to be totally committed to giving up the booze, even if you decide to drink you have to WAIT till the drug is out of your system. That can take a week or two.
        Good Luck with it. PM me if you want. Only to pleased to help. I get the drug in OZ by prescription only from my GP. He claims it is the only drug that really works and has been around a long time, but I am not sure about that. Well, I am about to get some gardening done! Will be back on MWO after the party,its starts at 2.30pm

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Miley, you made the right choice, for sure. Good for you

hadit, stay in touch with us & let us know how the party went.
          Antabuse is an old drug. It was discovered back in the 1920's for treatment of parasitic infestations but two decades later it was accidently found to be an effective tool to help people stop drinking. I'm glad that you are working with a medical professional. It worries me when I see people talk about buying it online somewhere

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav, will definatley check in later. I also worry about buying drugs on line without a proper prescription and medical advice. Its a dangerous thing to do. I have found most doctors are more than sympathetic and helpful if you are really genuiane about your drinking problem. Mine is a non drinker and only to willing to help. Thanks Lav. Love to read your posts. Where would we be with out you and Byrdie?:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, I was in Egypt a couple of years ago and it was amazing how there was no restrictions on what could be purchased over the counter. The strength of common pain drugs was so much higher than we get here and you don't need a script!! Very dangerous.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Booboo and welcome to MWO. YOU have just started your journey to be free of alcohol in coming here and admitting you have a problem. Why don't you jump over to the Newbies Nest and have a look around. There are lots of special people there that are only to willing to help you and share their story. Good Luck and stay close. Post when ever you need to.:welcome::welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in....fell asleep last night before I checked in. First Friday night in a very long time I am not blacking out. Last night was hard, but I think it was from eating a small amount of chocolate. Can that be a problem? It hit me hard on the way home, but I fought it. Then I had a nightmare again last night Well, eyes are sleepy so good night to everyone...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in. Don't have much internet svs out here. Hope everyon has a great af night. Talk to you in the morning.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lll my house has begun to look a lot better now because I am taking an interest in all of the things I use to enjoy before al took over my life.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi y'all,

Just checking in. All good here. How is everybody?

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, G and LAV All is well here. Got to the party about 2.00pm and just arrived home 8.30pm. Stuck to my plan and got through the whole thing with no al !!! It was strange though, kind of enjoyed it,but something was missing,and of course it was my friend AL.
                          But I won't have to suffer that dreaded hangover tomorrow. How did you go tdy ? Were you working? Hope ye are all having a nice af Sat.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, working today H, and tomorrow.

Glad you stuck to your plan.

Rock on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters,

Ir's finally stopped raining after yesterday's washout - yay! Now if we could get just a peek of sunshine it would be nice

Hey G! Hope your day was a good one

hadit, I spent all my life working in healthcare so I just naturally want to see people do things in a healthy & safe manner Glad you survived your party & you will get used to being a non-drinker soon enough. Never having to worry about making an ass of myself or deal with another hangover was big incentive for me!!!

Wishing everyone a nice AF Saturday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone. Sounds like you're al
                                l doing well.

I had great plans to get up early today but slept right through to mid day. A bit of a dull headache but otherwise so good to get some rest although the dreams are out of this world and would you be it many of them contained alcohol. Although the same happened when I stopped smoking 10 months ago.

The sun is shinning here so out to the garden I go with a nice cup of herbal tea.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X