Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi all,just checking in ,today is day 69 for me with no alcohol,it has been raining for a few days here in Canada,anyway was a bit out of sorts,l don't know if it's metapause or not drinking but l have cried 3 times this week,and have had some body pains a lot,well l do have a very physical job,anyway was wondering if anyone e else has been through this roller coaster since they gave up alcohol.by the way l feel way better after l cry,but l just want to feel great,l am down 22 pounds through diet and no wine,any advice would be helpful.I'm grateful for not drinking and having people to write to .thanks,have a great alcohol free weekend.I now am back to looking like my picture on this site,l hated having a fat face,l will no longer be pudgy,the wine and what l consumed in food after the wine put on a lot of my weight,as l do have a physical job so l will no longer be pudgy,so glad for that.l was never bigger until l started drinking 5 days a week,no more crappy feelings from alcohol,yayy!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters, still crappy here in Ontario, some a bit north of here have sun, lucky dogs.
      Chances are I will soon be going to help out with my brother as I am the only sibling not working. This is the only time I hope I do not get the call to start.
      I am at both sides of the spectrum with helping out with my brother. I want to be there, but I am terrified as I cannot go when I want to. Also I could be there when the time comes. I know my SIL should not be alone then, but it is terrifying anyway. It is hard to imagine what she is going through. When Mom was here, I would go and visit, help and get things or take her where she needed to go and then go home to the safety of my own 4 walls. After seeing how my SIL has physically suffered doing this on her own I feel guilty, even though I offered a month ago, now as the time is closing in on us she really needs me and it is recommended by Hospice. Thanks, that little spew helped a bit.
      So I hope all fellow nesters are enjoying their saturday. Time for me to start my brothers portrait again. I told my SIL what I was doing and she got really quiet, I was afraid she would find it inappropriate, but I think she was overwhelmed.

AF and not enjoying it, but doing it. I know from the past it does get easier, but back then I did not have the challenges I have now. So I pray for strength and love from my loved ones and of course my fledgling family.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moretoit l know it's a very hard time,at least you get to say good bye ,so that does help,but lt,s super hard,my sister lost her husband at 41 yrs old,killed by a drunk driver,he was a police officer on duty when it happened,l can feel your pain.Just know the sun will comeout again.funny thing is she started drinking alot after,l had drank more as well,but now 7 yrs later we bothe quit drinking. So not saying it's easy to get through but it may be better that you quit drinking now cause you could of gotten way worse after.may you and you family get through this rough time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Beautiful day today when we expected rain!
          I have an entire day alone with no children or hubby. This normally would be my free ticket, but I am not even tempted. I have a luscious day to enjoy and be productive and I am doing just that!
          I also have a spa appointment for a little spoiling.
          Excited!
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
            Everyone seems to be hanging right in there!
            bcp, no one explains the phases of quitting like Lolab! If you have some time, you might go back thru her posts and find them. In my cryptic way, I'll take a stab at it...she says if you stand back and look how far you've come (like you would look at a graph or chart) you will easily see that where you are today is miles ahead of where you were 69 days ago. It may not feel like it just now, but that is real progress. There are just some stages where we hit a flat spot and begin to question the whole process. In my mind, these are stages of GROWTH. They are kind of uncomfortable, agitating or restless-feeling. BUT once you get thru them, you will quickly see a difference. I'm not explaining this nearly as well as she does. However, the flat stages we get to are temporary. You will come out the other side re-energized. I hope that helps!!

Hugs to everyone this morning! Go out and make it a great, sober day!! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!
              Made it through friday, which actually was a bit of a trial - I think it simply being friday is a trigger!!!! So, that's one full week, 7 days. Oiy!!! Can hardly believe it, and I think I owe it all to my friends here! The nurse to my Women's Health doctor, when I talked to her briefly after my last appt, said that I couldn't do it alone, go to a meeting, but I decided to try the MWO route first instead, and I'm glad I did. Although I was a bit out of sorts yesterday, what with wine thoughts and worried about my daughter, I went out with some ladies for supper and a hilarious Burlesque show (!!) and had fun, went to bed early and got up early. Good thing, as my ex called me early to discuss said daughter - she is going to stay with him for a few day, and hopefully he can get her the help she needs. She lives just too far away, in a different province, and over the phone conversations just don't cut it!!

BCP - wow, sooooo great. 69 days!!! I wanna lose 22lb too!!!! I have actually been trying, cutting out all sugar and flour, and of course wine, and all my exercise challenges, so I am hoping to drop a bit. I have to go set a running trail for my running group (the beer drinking group), so I shall get plenty of exercise and take some AF beer in case things become overwhelming. It is finally raining here, go figure - but not heavily and we do need it.

Byrdie - you and Lav are truly a comfort and keep me inspired!!!!

Hello to everyone else, all those at 6, 7, 8 days and on - we can do this!!!! I am off to pick up, of all things, BEER, for my group - ha!! - as I am the leader today.
              Have a wonderful AF saturday, and have some fun!!!!!
              xoxoxo peanut

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Midday all,

Am very happy to report that I went and bought groceries by myself and never once thought about stopping to buy AL. Whoop Whoop for me.

I know it is still early but I am super excited, this is a milestone for me and my family. Every time I drive alone I usually stop for "just a sip" but not today.

sorry for being excited but it is a mile stone to rebuilding trust.

To anyone struggling just hang on for dear life because that is what it is. If we don't quit it WILL take our life.

Love and hugs to all.
                JDG
                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1517272 wrote:

sorry for being excited but it is a mile stone to rebuilding trust.
                  JDG
                  Hi, JDG,

I think we should celebrate EVERY victory over AL. I am weirdly happy today - I have a splitting headache that is making me dizzy and nauseous and while I certainly don't like that, it is great to know that I don't feel this way because of choosing to do something STUPID last night . I'm suspecting allergies...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in. Having a blast today. Feeling great af. Lots of exercise. Have a great af day. Going home tomorrow. I will read posts and check in then. :dog::dog::dog:
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good stuff Beagle!

Bcp, congratulations on your stunning AF time friend. You are a real STAR! You are doing it. Well done.

Well done JD! You have got a great attitude I reckon.

Well, 28 days for me here this morning. I'm feeling mighty cool.

Take care y'all. Think positive.

G bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in no drink for a while just back at work.... didn't come on here because of mr kangaroo aka new Zealand what a f ing joke

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning fledglings! Lovely sunny day here in Melbourne, but oh so cold.....still in my dressing gown and ugg boots and I'm not going to be getting out of them any time soon. :H

A question if I may? About three weeks ago at my last visit to my doc (who had originally prescribed me the Bac and Nal) I was just gushing about how easy it had all been. He warned me that Day 42 can be the really challenging one, and to be tres careful around those days. Was he just scaremongering, or is there something about Day 42 that I should be wary of?

kambob
                          Remember: A craving will never last as long as a hangover, and you'll never wake up wishing you'd drank the night before. (Thank you K9Lover)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                            I am double pooped and tired....hauled 3 loads of free landscape bricks from our friends house yesterday and today all day at the yard sale for the animal rescue....and tomorrow back at the rescue..I think I will see if I can run this next year...lady is not organized and did no publicity...I know I can do better...and now I have the time...maybe my new passion....
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4 for me. I did not sleep well last night at all, sweats off and on and would fall asleep for about half hour and wake up again. Got up this morning, out to breakfast with the kids...because I was sober, I could actually drive us and sit in a restaurant and order and eat without anxiety or worrying I was going to pass out or puke. After that, shopping for pants for my son to five different stores...uuuuggghhh, then frozen yogurt for them and back home to clean out the garage for the father's day gathering I am hosting. I am sore and exhausted and my house is a MESS, but the garage looks nice:H

Tomorrow will be another busy day, but again I will be sober. I had one point today when the garage was almost done that I thought I could sneak out and grab a six pack and enjoy some beer for all this hard work and the good deeds I did today, but instead I got grumpy and yelled at the kids, but that craving and thought passed.

I will stick close and make sure I keep reading and posting. Thank you all for the help and encouragement and support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, I am just out of Melb (100km) Kambob and yes its freezing!!! I am just going to spend the day indoors. About to climb out of the sack. Gees its cold here. Having the flue doesn't help. Day 42 being a challanging one seems a bit weird to me, but I have no Med knowledge. Some days are harder than others. Day 10,20,30,40 etc might also be days to be careful.Good luck with your research. You are doing well. Keep strong. Went to a party yesterday and am proud to say came home completly AF.

Comment

Working...
                                X