Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just stopping on to say hi....it's Saturday evening and right around this time I would be on my 3rd glass of wine. Had a brief thought about it but I cleaned the house instead.

Good going on Day 4 Struggles! It's so nice to be out and not have a hangover. I'm still trying to get used to it. The feeling is still surreal.

Looking forward to watching a movie tonight and waking up to Day 10 tomorrow without a freaking hangover!!!!!
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

good for you struggles
      gardening to-day ....weeds everywhere
      day 10 finally made double figures

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see some real newbie progress here

Kambob, I would be interested to hear why your doc warned you about 42 days.
        I hope you continue adding to your AF time

Looking forward to some quality gardening time tomorrow!
        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest, hang on tight!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1517381 wrote:
          Kambob, I would be interested to hear why your doc warned you about 42 days.
          I hope you continue adding to your AF time
          It DOES seem to be an odd number, but it's 6 weeks so maybe that's it. 42 wasn't harder than Day 1. Day 1 sucked, so let's none of us go back there!!

Hope everyone is well!
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was just wondering about that day 42 hypothesis, too. I don't remember that being any danger zone (other than K9!) there are several that fall around 30 days. Most fall on days 1 , 4 and 5. Maybe I should do a poll...everyone knows exactly what day he/she fell on. Let me know and I'll put it out there. After 30 days, I felt really good, so not sure what that is all about. Night, Nesters! Have a great evening. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am new here. I fell on day three....now I am back to square one. Feel terrible today and mad at ,yself for my lack of strength to walk away from A.
              Persistence and Failure do not live in the same room !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome gofig07...there are lots of good resources here to read and learn....this is a process....Welcome and post often and get lots of support
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

gofig07;1517393 wrote: I am new here. I fell on day three....now I am back to square one. Feel terrible today and mad at ,yself for my lack of strength to walk away from A.
                  Most people do not have the strength to do it alone, Gofig. But those with enough determination admit they need help and seek out a doctor, a 12-step program, or something like we have here on MWO.

I didn't have that strength to walk away, either, and frankly was shocked that I could not get what I wanted by force of will. I was desperate when I found this forum and decided to summon up what will I had left and put all of my energy into making MWO work for me. Thanks to the people here, so far it has.

Please use what is freely and lovingly offered here! It IS too hard for most of us to do it alone but if you accept and offer support and encouragement, you can gain the necessary strength to RUN from AL and start truly living the life you deserve!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Gofig and welcome, No sugar, I agree,I couldn't have got this far without help. AL controled every part of my life,every minute,every second. I obssessed over my drinking. I new I was in big trouble and needed to do something. I hung around MWO for a long time but it was only when I got AB medication and got completed involved and committed to MWO that change began to happen.
                    I have had 3 drinks in 32 days and have to say it is getting easier. I have been in many places in the last few weeks where al was freely available and I have been able to resist. The support on MWO has helped me so much. I have learnt from others and know I am not alone now and can call out for help if things are not going well. Been waffling here a bit thanks for listening. Posting daily is VERY important:thumbs:.
                    So Gofig, My advice to you is to read and read as many posts as u can. Post as often as you can. We have all been where you are NOTHING you say will shock us,don't be embarrased. If you falll, jump straight back on MWO and start again. Try to learn from your slip. Ask rehab units.why did it happen? What do I need to do so it won't happen again? and SCREAM OUT for help when you need it.
                    Ironicly, I have just watched a TV advert on Addiction that said "You cannot beat addiction without help" It was some add put on tv by one of the drug and addiction centres.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gofig,! REMOVE ask rehab units.................sorry,hit the wrong key!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morninmg Nesters,

Up way too early once again this morning - really need to have a talk with my early rising dog

Hello & welcome Gofig!
                        Don't beat yourself up but do make yourself a good plan for success. Have you read the MWO book yet & visited the Tool box? That's how I got started 4+ years ago, you can do it too!

Wishing everyone a wonderfull AF Sunday!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters. Hope everyone had a great weekend free of AL. I stressed all week about a party I had to go to last night. Had my plan in place and came home cold stone sober.I felt a bit out of it though.For years I have been the talkative one. Arn't we all when we are full of booze? I know it is going to take time to adjust to the new me. The sober one. I just need time to adjust being that way. I love being sober,no hangover,no guilt etc etc. Lav, hope you have a nice day and that the weather is kind to you. Freezing here.Cold wet and misrable. Off to bed soon. Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kambob - I don't know why your doc warned you about 42 days, but I screwed up last year at 47 days (which is kinda close). For some reason, after going that long without drinking, I suddenly got the un-bright idea that I was cured and could drink responsibly. WRONG!

Now my immediate goal is to beat 47 days (I'm at 25 days AF now). That's the longest I've gone AF in my entire adult life (and I'm 44).

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,thanks byrdlady and peanut and guistar,l am thankfull for you all and you comments.lt is just nice to have a place to come and let out your stuff and read everyone elses stuff.day 70 today lfeel good ,as well as yesteday l felt good.l'm trying to get my sister on this site,she has her laptop here which is 8 hrs away ,we go visit in a few weeks l'm gonna bring it set her up,she needs more support than just me,anyway happy day to all ,have a fab week ahead no matter what it intails!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters!
                                Hubs was out doing some errands yesterday and I had free run of the tv. I settled on a show called Intervention. I've heard many on the boards talk about this show. Boy was it an eye opener. After I watched one episode, I wanted get down on my knees and thank each and every person on this board who ever talked me out of taking a drink (LAV!!). I am telling you the power of addiction is simply incredible. I WAS that person on tv! There at the end I was deathly afraid someone was going to do an intervention on me! Seeing those folks swig out of the vodka bottle first thing in the morning took me back to a very dark place. (just to clear the cobwebs, right?) Normal people don't do that! I am so thankful that I found this place and had the good sense to at least quit when I did!
                                If you are having trouble staying quit or if you ever doubt that being AF is the right path, I would strongly recommend finding that program. I wanted to yell from the back porch "THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BE FREE OF THIS DEMON"!! There IS a cure for this thing we have....and that is NOT drinking. Just as the diabetic wishes he/she could eat sugar with impunity, or the peanut allergy person longs for peanut butter...we can live without AL. A little longing never hurt anybody, and it's a dang site better than being that person I was when I got it. Holy Moly! Get quit and stay quit is all I can say...it's never going to get any easier than it is today! If I can do it, I know you can, too!
                                Go out and make it a great day! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X