Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Day 5 done! What a busy day. Took the kids fishing in a pond, out to lunch, visited bf's parents, came back home and mowed lawn and actually did some gardening as a family and it looks great....actually, all we did was mow over the weeds, lay down the weed blanket stuff and put mulch on top...I'm not much of a gardener, but I will put potted flowers and plants on it. Oh, and I drove the whole day it's about 45 minutes one way to where we went and stopped at bf's house for a bit and I picked it up while he showed my kids his garden. It was a great day. We ended up going to a bbq chicken event at a bar/pizzeria and it was a big drunken fest and I thought, WOW, that was me last weekend. I tried to talk to one of the ladies I know and she did the one eye look to try to focus and gave half answers...this was at 3pm. I am so thankful for all of you. It's almost 10:30pm here and I'm headed to bed, hoping to get at least half a night of good rest. My boyfriend is going out of town Wednesday until Saturday and I will be alone so please wish me well and keep me in your prayers, I will need the strength. It's when I am alone that I seem to stumble and since I am hosting father's day on Sunday for his family and mine for about 30 people, I have to remain sober since I can't do it hungover or even trying to begin to recover again. :thanks:
    Sleep well, all. ~ Struggles

Comment

Newbies Nest

struggles;1517823 wrote: I will be alone so please wish me well and keep me in your prayers, I will need the strength. It's when I am alone that I seem to stumble Struggles
      Great job on the successful weekend, Struggles! You sound really good!

Lonliness (of my own wrong-headed making) and trying to get over this addiction on my own were my 2 biggest mistakes, other than starting to drink in the first place.

The thing is, with this 24/7/365 support forum, you are not ever alone if you choose to reach out. Stay close! And if you start to stumble, promise yourself you will log on to MWO first and give it a chance. Even reread your own posts about how you feel when you make choices like you did today.

Your 'name' is Struggles but you don't have to do it alone !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bobbyslife;1517331 wrote: Checking in no drink for a while just back at work.... didn't come on here because of mr kangaroo aka new Zealand what a f ing joke
        Hi BOBBYSLIFE,
        I was thinking about you - haven't seen you. How are you? Working, I see. Getting some AF days under your belt, looks like.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hopefully everyone had a great weekend!! I enjoyed my time with my parents, no cravings for alcohol, no family arguments or stress, just fun because they helped me set up my new home and loved fixing it up with me. I cant thank MWO enough and I am so grateful my family have stuck with me, even though I've been horrid at times.
          I hope my next 3 weeks are as wonderful as my last and I hope I get to like myself more and discover I'm not that hard to live with AF!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hellon Nesters, I have had a great AF weekend. Visited my daughter who lives about 150km away. Lots have thanked Lav and Byrdie today for the wonderful work they do ,so I thought I would add my bit. I know without L and B, I would not be here, AF for over 30 days,except for a very small slip . Every now and then you meet someone that can make things in life so crystal clear and with such ease. I have only met a few that can do that. Its a very special talent to have and Lav and Byrdie have it in bundles. Lav and Byrdie thank you for the wonderful support you give us. You are saving lives. Good night Everyone.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hadit;1517928 wrote: Hellon Nesters, I have had a great AF weekend. Visited my daughter who lives about 150km away. Lots have thanked Lav and Byrdie today for the wonderful work they do ,so I thought I would add my bit. I know without L and B, I would not be here, AF for over 30 days,except for a very small slip . Every now and then you meet someone that can make things in life so crystal clear and with such ease. I have only met a few that can do that. Its a very special talent to have and Lav and Byrdie have it in bundles. Lav and Byrdie thank you for the wonderful support you give us. You are saving lives. Good night Everyone.:l
              I couldn't agree more Hadit!!!!
              Thanks Lav and Byrd:wings:
              I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & thanks

I'm only too happy to share what I have learned on this journey. I will never forget how sad, anxious & just plain disgusted I was with myself when I first started here. That's all history now & I plan to keep it in the past

Dealing with more rain & flood watches here today - swell
                Stella & the girls will not be happy :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy alcohol free monday.My weekend was the best yet free from alcohol,alot less down over not having alcohol.l really appreciate this site,l am so glad l chose this path of no alcohol'l laugh way more and from my belly.l am happier l glow,lt just over all makes me a better person.l do have a few cries but that is how l get my emotions out instead of with alcohol or food.l am learning to just smell the flowers and be more peaceful.lt truly feels good.l'm 71 days no alcohol and going strong. My sister is as well l'm so proud of her too,and all of you here. So have a fab week all talk soon!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wishing everyone a Happy AF Monday. Day 11 for me.

Struggles....Day 5 is when I started to notice a difference in the way I felt. We will be here for you when your BF goes out of town. I have the same issue....it's when I'm alone and bored. My husband was scheduled to go out of town the last week of June and I was scared to death. His trip turned into just a day trip and I am thankful.

Have a great day everyone!
                    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh and bcp.....71 days is incredible and your post inspiring. I am looking forward to the day when I get there!
                      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning everyone,

Such positivity in the nest this am. I am really struggling right now, not with AL but with family issues. My hubs is joyful with everyone except me, everytime AL is mentioned or on a commercial he makes a comment about me.

Im trying so hard not to let this bring me down but its hard.

Anyway happy Monday to all.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG : that makes it hard, hang in there in time he may stop the hurtful words.

Day 1 for me. I had 3 free days and then did have some wine this week end. My step daughter came to visit and she ( mostly) and the grandkids stressed me out. I did not over do it or get drunk, but still I was not AF. I want to get back to the way I have been for my whole life...until this stressful year....where I could go weeks with out A and just have one or two if we were relaxing with friends or out to a nice dinner on the Lake. But for now I know I need to be AF for awhile....or maybe forever !!! We live in Wine Country amoung 100 of wineries and it is a big part of the culture here. So moderation is key...or AF !
                          Persistence and Failure do not live in the same room !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters!
                            Thank you all so much for the kind words...I am (for once) speechless.
                            I'm grateful for this place, too....it has been the vehicle to help us all get out of Alco-hell.
                            I'll quit while I'm ahead this morning!! Go out and make it a great, AF Monday!!! Thank you so much! Day 873 for me!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

we love ya byrdie,you work full time on mwo always there to welcome people and give us words of wisdom,you are truly appreciated
                              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1517938 wrote: Thanks Lav and Byrd:wings:
                                I have to add my thanks in here too...without these two, I'm not sure I would have made it past day 40 (how MANY times???) Thank you for talking me out of the "just this once won't hurt" mindset...because guess what..."just this once" would have kept me in my living hell...and now I am free.

Love you gals :h:h:h
                                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                                X