Newbies Nest

Thanks so much yall! Much appreciated! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
      Had 2 days down and then had wine last night. The struggles with my son are causing fighting between Hubby and I. Will not give up on this beast the AL not my son. I won't give up on my son either. Should have some resolutions by weeks end. I will try and post and read more often as my safe haven
      DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Be safe DW and let us know how you're getting along. We are here to listen if you just need to "vent".

My daughter is leaving today for TWO WEEKS...I have been taking 2 AB's per day because I know how the Beast works...but nope...no smokin' or drinkin' for this gal!
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon everyone. I'm still holding strong. Day 43 for me.
          Congrats struggles. The firsts are hard. First weekend, first al party, etc. One day at a time is how I take it. Sometimes 15 minutes at a time.
          Bcp good job 71 days.
          Wishing everyone strength today. We're having so much stress here. Hubby's brother and wife here and boy are they drinkers. I am going crazy from the fights and stupidity. Now it turns out they want to stay awhile. I have not been consulted about this plan. Oh well. One day at a time. I will sit everyone down for a serious talk about house rules. I am only keeping my sanity because of the help I am getting here. I am so afraid of that dark place I was in on day one when I first found mwo. Please send strong vibes my way. My motto I just don't want to. I keep repeating as often as needed. Hubby's friends are now showing up to try and pressure me to drink just one. No such thing I reply.
          Happy af Monday.
          :rays:
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's!

Hang in there LB. Good thing you have some firm AF footing with 43 days. That and coming here will get you through. Never forget why you stopped drinking. This family visit can make you stronger. Maybe hubby can agree to cut short their visit?

Cool post Bcp!

Think positive everyone and just do your best.

Lav and Byrdy are legends to be sure. 2 of my absolute fave people on this site. Thank you Ladies.

I take my hat off to everyone here, and to all the legends in the making!

Day 30. Bring it on!

Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

G-man, you Aussies get me messed up. Are you Day 30??? Or is tomorrow Day 30? Or is my tomorrow your yesterday and that's day 30? Whatever the case, it's close enough to award your hat! I'd rather give it too soon than to be one minute late!

On behalf of your fellow nesters, please accept this small token of a huge job!!!

:day5:

This is big doings in our neck of the woods! Great job, Mr. G! Feel free to sing us your acceptance speech or play us a little diddy! We are so proud of you, and feel so lucky to have you with us here on this journey. Well done, G bloke!!!! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks K9 and great job LB and Guitarista!
                DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1518141 wrote: G-man, you Aussies get me messed up. Are you Day 30??? Or is tomorrow Day 30? Or is my tomorrow your yesterday and that's day 30? Whatever the case, it's close enough to award your hat! I'd rather give it too soon than to be one minute late!

On behalf of your fellow nesters, please accept this small token of a huge job!!!

This is big doings in our neck of the woods! Great job, Mr. G! Feel free to sing us your acceptance speech or play us a little diddy! We are so proud of you, and feel so lucky to have you with us here on this journey. Well done, G bloke!!!! Byrdie
                  Thank you Byrdie and everyone here! It is I who am the lucky one to have you all here and be a part of your lives. :h

Daily wine;1518147 wrote:
                  Thanks K9 and great job LB and Guitarista!
                  DW
                  Thank you DW! Go for it friend.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1518141 wrote: G-man, you Aussies get me messed up. Are you Day 30??? Or is tomorrow Day 30? Or is my tomorrow your yesterday and that's day 30? Whatever the case, it's close enough to award your hat! I'd rather give it too soon than to be one minute late!

Ms. Byrdie you crack me up! :H

And yes indeed Mr. G. Many Whoo Hoos :woot::woot: on this, one of many of your great achievements!

:l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle123;1518161 wrote: Ms. Byrdie you crack me up! :H

And yes indeed Mr. G. Many Whoo Hoos :woot::woot: on this, one of many of your great achievements!

:l
                      Thankyou Mam. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

From one mixed up ozzie to another..............WELL DONE G!!!!! :shocked:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1518128 wrote: Be safe DW and let us know how you're getting along. We are here to listen if you just need to "vent".

My daughter is leaving today for TWO WEEKS...I have been taking 2 AB's per day because I know how the Beast works...but nope...no smokin' or drinkin' for this gal!
                          Can anyone tell me where there is a list of the abbreviations used? What is AB, for instance?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not sure where the list is but AB stands for Antabuse. Hope this helps.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, Hope you all had a great af weekend. Those that struggled just pick your self up and remember it does get easier. I didn't believe that in the first few weeks,but it did. Hope you all have a fantastic af Monday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats, Mr. G! I have found that daily reads and even if I don't post, the reads alone help me.

Comment

Working...
                                X