Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
    Lots going on with our friends, here....everyone is sending out heartfelt thoughts for courage and strength. I can't predict the future, except when it comes to one thing....AL won't make anything BETTER. Stay sober and keep focused on the solution, not adding to the problem.
    Hope everyone has a sober Hump Day! All you gotta do is get thru this day! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow lots have happened overnight.

Tess don't think the worst until you have too, been where you are sooo many time with various family members. They are making new discoveries and treatments everyday even IF the worst is true. You and your mom are I my thoughts and prayers

Snap I am soo sorry for your pain. I know all to well what it is like and I too tried to drink it away, almost drank my self to death. He is not worth you dying inside or out. I know you love him as did I love my hubs. We eventually worked it out, its not easy but anything worth having (AF life) is not easy. Much love and prayers your way. Willing to talk anytime.

Morning Jenni, Lav, G-man, Byrdie, halo, and steady.

Everyone have a great Wednesday.
      and one more thing it is trivial compared to others but please pray for me as I go to a hearing with the state board of nursing tomorrow regarding my nursing liscense.

Love to all,
      JDG
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am new here, don't know how to post...do I need a title when I post? What is the title for?:new:

What does this mean?: Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces):

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Godwilling!

Godwilling;1518832 wrote: I am new here, don't know how to post...do I need a title when I post? What is the title for?:new:

What does this mean?: Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces):
          Hello, You are in just the right place to start out! :welcome:

Be sure you are on the last page of the thread (currently page 3696) and hit "Post Reply" in the lower left of the screen -- you can then tell us about yourself . If you read back a couple of weeks, you can get to know the people who are posting here regularly now. If you want to respond to someone in particular, like I did to you above, click on "Quote" in the lower right of the screen. You can then edit the quote if you want to refer to something in particular. You can use a title if you want to but it is not necessary.

There also is a Toolbox (link below) filled with ideas for getting off alcohol.

Glad to have you here! :h NS

PS I have no idea what those trackbacks are!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I am a bit lost but will keep at it until I find my way around here, it seems like a safe place to come to with my issue!

I am a little scared, but so badly want to break a bad habit of drinking too much!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Godwilling;1518835 wrote: Thank you so much for your quick reply! I am a bit lost but will keep at it until I find my way around here, it seems like a safe place to come to with my issue!

I am a little scared, but so badly want to break a bad habit of drinking too much!
              I came here for that in January and it worked .
              Read and post and read and post --- the tools and support you need to break the habit are here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Godwilling and Welcome!

I saw that trackback thing yesterday and wondered what the heck it was....I will ask Techie! He knows such things...or I could put something in that field and see what happens but I don't want to blow anything up!

We are so glad you found us GW! We have lots of success!! Jump right in! Byrdie

P.S. NoSugar, I put you and I in the trackback thing below....we'll see what happens!!! (don't me mad at me, this is for our own good!!) xo
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1518841 wrote:

P.S. NoSugar, I put you and I in the trackback thing below....we'll see what happens!!! (don't me mad at me, this is for our own good!!) xo
                  My computer has not blown up yet :H!
                  On the other hand, nothing interesting has happened either...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me, either!
                    You are priceless!! xo, B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks! I have been lurking for 2 weeks. I am 15 days AF. Feeling really good. No withdrawal symptoms but can not get past this whole, "Look how well you have done, Lauren you deserve a drink." I have to laugh because it is so ridiculous.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings Nester's near and not so far,

Welcome 4 my K and God willing!

Great going on your 15 days alcohol free (AF) 4K. Keep it going!

How are you doing there Nursie?

How are you doing Tess?, Snap?

Day 32. Bring.it.on!

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the welcome Guitar. This place has kept me sane the last two weeks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

4MyKay;1518927 wrote: Thanks for the welcome Guitar. This place has kept me sane the last two weeks.
                            I'm glad you decided to post ! It seems like the odds of success increase dramatically when you actively participate.

(I guess we should be glad you were willing to join us even after all the crazy-sounding stuff you probably learned over the last 2 weeks :H)

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to stop in and say hi. A warm welcome to all of the new Newbies! This site has helped so much....you will love the support.

Brining all the plants in, preparing for a volatile weather day starting to ight into tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great AF evening. On to day 14 tomorrow!
                              Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                              [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miley, how did you find Day 13? It was a real turning point for me. I hope you had an easy day.

The boards sure are quiet, I know we've got some folks on vacation...Don't let the summertime derail you!

NoSugar, I'm glad we haven't scrared GW off, too!
                                Tuck yourselves in good and tight! Have a safe AF night!! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X