Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Miley, are you located anywhere near me? I'm sitting on the border of PA/MD in the SE corner of PA. Congrats on your AF time, you are doing great

Hello & welcome Godwilling & 4MyKay!
    Glad you both decided to join us, we are a nice bunch here. Have you visited the Tool box yet & made your plans?

I hope I can get out in the morning before these destructive storms arrive to check on my girls in the chicken house. They seem to be used to these weather extremes we've been experiencing.
    Looks like the blooms on my Christmas amaryllis are going to open tomorrow - better late than never, huh? :H :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening everybody,
      Just a quick check in. Been feeling a bit down and tired, and the past couple of days, alot of cravings, which I have been trying to ignore. I try not to say anything about that around here, because as soon as I say anything, Mr. Enabler offers to go buy wine. NOOOOO! Just because I say that wine thoughts are in my head, doesn't mean I am saying I want it.
      Anyway, positive thoughts to those who are going through such rough times. I know I haven't said much here lately - everyone else says the right things first and sometimes I only seem to have the energy to sit and read and stay motivated.
      A big congrats to all who are having such great success on this journey and staying strong.
      xoxoxo peanut

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome 4K and G W. Glad you are with us.
        Tess and Snap you are both in my thoughts. I hope you both make it through this tough time.
        Hang in there Peanut.
        I had a talk with my sis in law this morning. She said she sees a reason to not drink now. Sometimes we can get our point across without saying a word. They are on their way tomorrow to her mothers. I am surprisingly sad they are leaving. It just goes to show that things often turn out better then you expected. Staying af does make a huge difference. :dog::dog::dog:
        And I will miss that puppy they brought too.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie....day 13 was good. I had a great run this morning and the cravings were not a big deal

Lav.....I live in Southern Maryland. My family lives up your way. Hopefully things won't be too bad tomorrow but it does look like it old be tricky.
          Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
          [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

EVening nesters,

welcome to all the newbies. You have found a great bunch of folks here to help in any and all ways.

Had a good day with sis n law, niece, and Levi (my 3yo nephew). Have a new nephew who is 10 days old. My how nice it is to be able to hold a premie(he was born at 34 weeks) and not be afraid to drop him due to being drunk.

Life is good. Now need to sleep but thinking about meeting with the state board of nursing re: RN liscense tomorrow. Prayers and good thoughts appreciated.

Hubs back on board and not so mean to me. Helps a lot.

Velcro applied and gonna try to sleep.

JDG
            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All... I've miss you all in the Nest! I should be working right now but I have a major headache so that is making the work morning difficult. Luckily the headache is from allergies and not a hangover.

So this is random, but have any of you ever looked at your dog/cat/pet and actually wished you could be them because they do not have the knowledge of AL??? I have. I was petting my dog the other day and I actually though "I wish I could be like you because you have no clue what AL is". How crazy is this. But it's true... what if you never knew? Would it make a difference?

Much love and strength to you all. I will try to work with my allergy (not hangover ) headache. :l
              Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes I have wished to be an innocent many times.
                Glad hubby is on your side girl.
                Glad your doing good Miley.
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick 'check in' to say hi and wish everyone well. Welcome to the new Nesters, and best wishes to Nesters facing challenges. At Day 46, it really is staggeringly (woops, bad pun!) clear to me that i function so much better when AF. It's cold in my part of Australia tonight, so i'm gonna strap in and get an early night.....
                  Stay Strong, People!
                  love Steady
                  AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I'm up before the chickens again, lucky me

I need to get outside before these storms arrive, make sure everything is put away & safe.
                    Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone from freezing cold, unsummerlike England.

Thank you so much to everyone for your kind messages and support - it meant a lot to me and helped to keep me strong and focused. Anyway - without going into the long boring details hubby and I have worked things out for now. He has promised that he will be open and honest in future (I have no issue with him meeting woman 'friends' for coffee, exchanging emails etc) as long as it is open and honest. But if he starts hiding, deleting and concealing messages then he obviously has something to hide and if I ever find this happening again then its over for me. He has promised it won't happen again - so let's see!

Anyway, I know for most people having a lapse with drink is a bad thing, but for me it has been very positive (I'm not suggesting anyone else try it though :H). The reason I say this is that for the first time that I can remember I had one drunk night after over 70 days of sobriety so my body was completely clean of alcohol, I had experienced the amazing benefits of not drinking and could really see what a terrible effect alcohol actually has on my body in just one day. For years, I stumbled over a few AF days followed by a few drunken days and never really had the chance to see in black and white the difference and I noticed this is what one night of drinking did to me:

- I didn't sleep well - tossed and turned all night and woke up dripping in sweat
                      - I woke with my mouth tasting foul and had a raging hangover, dizzy etc
                      - I looked a state - my eyes were puffy and my nose looked really red
                      - I felt really depressed and down all day (not because of what had happened with hubby) but just feel that the alcohol was seriously affecting my mood.
                      - I felt exhausted all day
                      - I felt stressed and panicky - like I couldn't cope with my work and rather than being methodical and organised like I usually am was flapping around all over the place.

I wouldn't generally call myself a 'depressive person' but I can now see that bouts of depression I have had in the past have been a direct result of alcohol (I just didn't realise it). I also suffered panick attacks (breathlessness and racing heart) in the past and experienced this sensation again yesterday.

So for me - having had odd days in the last few months when I thought 'I would really love a glass of wine - surely it won't hurt' I know for a fact that it does hurt very much. So I don't believe I will be tempted to experience that again in the near future.

Anyway - enough of my waffle - hope everyone is doing great. I haven't had much time to read and catch up in the Nest recently as work is pretty hectic, but will take the time to do so over the weekend.

Thanks again to all of my lovely friends here :l:thanks:
                      Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

struggled last night....but after 137 days, I was fully equipped to battle the beast and I won!!!
                        That feels really really good.
                        Have a great day everyone!!
                        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice post Snap. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Great stuff Jennie!

Congratulations Halo on 90 days AF! (91 now)

Huge accomplishment friend. Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                            Wow, some great posts of strength!
                            Snap, I'm so glad that you are back on track, as K9'er says, take the dam pill and keep on the AF path! ALL of our thoughts are with you!!!
                            Jenni, you are mere inches away from your flying underpants!!
                            Mein, GREAT to see you, Sunshine!!
                            Lav, I hope the weather breaks in your part of the world here, soon...dang, you've been drenched for quite a spell!
                            Everyone else, great to see your posts!! Have a wonderful Thursday, go out and make it a great day! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1519095 wrote: Good morning Nesters,

I'm up before the chickens again, lucky me

I need to get outside before these storms arrive, make sure everything is put away & safe.
                              Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
                              Lav
                              we're suppose to get some doozies. Last year when we had this, we were out of power for 5 days. Hope it's not a repeat!
                              SS
                              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

SS,
                                Some big storm blew through here in the Fall of 2003, just 3 months after moving into this brand new house. No power, no water, nothing for 4 1/2 days
                                Had a big house size generator delivered on Christmas Eve
                                At least I can get a glass of water & flush a toilet now :H
                                This first round of storms was not bad at all, more coming later I hear! Good luck!!!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X