Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

3J, I was just reading your post on the other thread. You know, you can read just about anything, anywhere to try and justify drinking. Hell, even on this site I took a quiz one time and it showed I had tendencies towards over drinking. Jeebus, I hid vodka in a hairspray bottle! I was a stage 3 alcoholic and that quiz said I had tendencies??? Phooey. If AL is pulling you thru life by the short hairs, you are prolly one of us. It's not a bad thing...this disease of ours has a cure!!! And you've found it! Stick close here and participate...it helps a lot. Getting it out of your head and onto paper somehow makes it more real...and it helps organize your thoughts and your plan.
    The tool box is pretty good reading, isn't it? I will go find another thread for you....You might be an alcoholic if...... You won't know whether to laugh or cry! I can identify with most of them.....Hang on...I'll go bump it up for you....B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Evening Nesters....
      Tess - I am so sorry about your Mom's diagnosis. I will be lifting you guys in prayer.

3June - Welcome.....this is a great sight for support. We are happy you are here.

Day 14 and I had TERRIBLE cravings tonight. Tired + stress + husband not home and me having the house to myself = Me wanting to drink like a fish! I actually bought a bottle of wine on the way home (I really hate to admit this but I have to be truthful). I decided to take it one step at a time when I got home. The more steps I took, the more I realized I didn't want to drink that crap and the urge finally went away. So it's on to Day 15 tomorrow and I will wake up so glad that I didn't drink. I will give my neighbor the bottle of wine I bought to get it out of the house. The only things that got me through this were taking it minute by minute, step by step and coming on MWO and reading, posting. I am so thankful for all of you and this wonderful site.
      Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
      [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Miley
        Now get that bottle out of the house asap!!!

Hello & welcome 3June! Congrats on your AF time, you have a great start
        Please make yourself comfortable in the nest, stay as long as you like.

Tess, so sorry to hear about your Mom's diagnosis. A very good friend of mine just went thru this two years ago, same diagnosis. Because of family history, she went ahead & had a bilateral mastectomy w/reconstruction & is doing great today! Please try to remain positive for your Mom & for yourself.

Waiting for round 2 of storms to arrive ~ getting tired of this damp weather pattern, no kidding!!!
        Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Done Lav....I high-tailed it over there after I posted, gave it as a late birthday present and ran!
          Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening been long day,

good news can go back to work.

Tess praying for you

Hi everyone else
            JDG
            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1519330 wrote: 3J, I was just reading your post on the other thread. You know, you can read just about anything, anywhere to try and justify drinking. Hell, even on this site I took a quiz one time and it showed I had tendencies towards over drinking. Jeebus, I hid vodka in a hairspray bottle! I was a stage 3 alcoholic and that quiz said I had tendencies??? Phooey. If AL is pulling you thru life by the short hairs, you are prolly one of us. It's not a bad thing...this disease of ours has a cure!!! And you've found it! Stick close here and participate...it helps a lot. Getting it out of your head and onto paper somehow makes it more real...and it helps organize your thoughts and your plan.
              The tool box is pretty good reading, isn't it? I will go find another thread for you....You might be an alcoholic if...... You won't know whether to laugh or cry! I can identify with most of them.....Hang on...I'll go bump it up for you....B
              Yep I pretty much figured out that if you think you have a drinking problem you probably have one! What is a bump?
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miley;1519360 wrote: Done Lav....I high-tailed it over there after I posted, gave it as a late birthday present and ran!
                You rock!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job Miley. That was a huge challenge you got through.
                  3June welcome. Keep close here and you will succeed in you new life.
                  Tess you are trust an inspiration to me. I this.k about all you have been through and are going through when I feel weak. Praying for you at this time.

I think that as we spend so much time drinking or emotional growth becomes stunted. When we stop we go through emotional growing pains. I have been feeling very stretched the past week or so. Weepy off and on. But I know that it is just my spiritual self trying to come out of hibernation so to speak. Does anyone have input on that thought?
                  Have a great night all. :dog::dog:
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

good for you miley can't give up now and go back to day 1

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's!

Welcome J3! Congratulations on your alcohol free time. Keep it going friend. :goodjob:

Yep Beagle, I can identify. I suspect I am a bit more sensitive than I otherwise might be, as my body heals. A bit more fragile emotionally perhaps. More reason to be on guard in these early days. I think our emotional growth/maturity can stall around that time we started blotting out reality.

Thought are with you Tess.

Big waves to everyone!

Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters, I havn't been posting much the last few days. Had some incredible cravings today. They started this morning and I almost caved at about 4.00pm on my way home from work. Nearly went to buy a bottle of wine but resisted. Went out tonight for a pizza.lots of wine around,again resisted. I am now about 38 days af with a very small slip. Anyhow I reckon I am now strong enough to notch up another af weekend. Hope you are all dong well. Another social event tomorrow night,so there are plenty of challenges yet. CATCH YOU ALL TOMORROW.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Here we are starting yet another weekend, time to get your plans in place

It's been rough here on the east coast this week with big storms & tons of rain. Grateful that I did not sustain any damage & I'm thnking of all those who are dealing with the aftermath.

Good job on dumping that bottle Miley
                          hadit, after 38 AF days what you are dealing with are thoughts, not true cravings. It helps to recognize that & take appropriate action. Are you using the hypno CDs? They were very helpful in changing my thinking about AL, I highly recommend them to everyone!

Greetings to all & sending wished for a terrific AF Friday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! I thought this week would never end! Day 15 here and my 3rd AF Weekend. Lots of stuff to do to get ready for vacation.

Hope everyone has a great day!
                            Miley

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil B, Kuya has a theory (and I subscribe to it) that whenever we began to rely on AL as a mechanism (be it coping or socializing) is prolly about when our maturity ceased development. At that point, we were as emotionally mature as we were ever going to get. I believe that. Once we break that cycle (being AF for an extended period of time...it doesn't work if you keep starting and stopping), your emotional age catches up with your chronological age....and that takes some time. Once it does, everything FITS and feels NORMAL! It is a wonderful thing to experience. It hurts a bit as it does catch up, and we wonder what the hell is going on, it is uncomfortable and agitating at times. Stick it out, it is worth it.

Also, Nesters, what is your PLAN for this Father's Day weekend? Shore up your plan because there are likely to be celebrations and some grieving ( if your father is no longer with us)...there may be family trials to be dealt with. Have your plan in place...after all, celebrations are always going to happen. If it's not Father's Day, it's going to be 4th of July, or Memorial Day....then the biggies. You may as well get this one in for practice. Dig your heels in and don't give in no matter what and no matter who!! Freedom from addiction IS worth it! Have a happy Friday everyone! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all
                                beautiful morning, fall like here in Ol Virginny. Taking a motorcycle hiatus for a few days to a fiddle festival.
                                I'm taking my positive position of enjoying myself without booze with me. I hope it stays with me for the duration.
                                Best to all
                                SS
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X