Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, it IS a ghost town around here today!
    Welcome Freedom! You've landed in a great spot. I have never heard a bad word about the CD's or the supplements, Lav does swear by them. You could prolly do a search about them and find MORE information than you could imagine about them. I think there is quite a bit of information in the Tool Box, if I'm not mistaken.
    We are glad you found us!
    Hope everyone is having a safe, happy and sober weekend! Remember, we can't just have one drink one time! Just say, NO, HELL NO! AL will not take one more day of my life! Have a great evening....Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
      Out to breakfast today then errands.
      Tomorrow there is a fathers day event at the nursing home so we will go there. We were going to take dad out and that concerned me so this is really a good thing for us to just celebrate there with lunch and some activities.
      Must get to dads and start cleaning up so we can get the auction thingy ready...we are going to get rid of some of our stuff too...good time to dump some things I have that I dont need...WooHoo
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nester's,

Welcome to MLisa and Freedom!

Have a great day/evening y'all.

Day 35. Bring it on!

Yo Fruity!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. Ive been recommened 'newbies nest' by a friend. Im bella. Came here a few yrs ago. Just wanted to check in. Bella x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters,

Tess, I hope you were able to enjoy your celebration today

Hello & welcome Freedom 117
            Glad you decided to join us, we are a nice bunch! I firmly believe the MWO Hypno CDs played a major role in my success. I needed something to help me learn to relax without AL or Rx meds. The CDs, when used as directed work like a charm They are worth the investment, honestly. A few trips to the liquor store & you would have spent that much anyway, right?
            I used my own supplements primarily because I have allergies & didn't want to stir up any trouble there. Read about them when you read the MWO book. Stay close & let us know how you are doing
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Freedom117;1519923 wrote: I'm brand new to MWO. I'm waiting on the book I ordered from Amazon to try to understand the program better. Not sure which herbs to order (there are about 12 of them listed), but I think the book will help with that. Did most of you use the CDs? Which ones were helpful? I'll be curious to learn more. And I sure am looking forward to freedom from having to drink even when I don't want to.
              Hi Freedom! I haven't tried the books or CD's, I'm doing pretty well on my own so far. There is a ton of information here and a ton of support from people who have been where we are. I am 13 days alcohol free, been on this site for just a couple of days but I'm already feeling the benefits.

Tell us a bit about yourself!
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miley;1519836 wrote: Good morning everyone

3June...you are doing great. I too have an issue with being bored. I cant't believe how much I'm getting done. I did my usual Saturday cleaning on a Friday night. It's easy to get things done when I'm not worrying about what time I can start drinking and then sitting around drinking!

Jenn - When did you start losing weight after you stopped drinking? I am day 16 now. I have noticed that I don't have the bloating in my face anymore and my stomach is starting to lose the bloating but I haven't lost weight yet (and of course, I am impatient!) I have headaches everyday since I stopped but they are getting better.

Hope everyone has a great AF weekend. Enjoy your day!
                I am at day 13 now, so close behind you. I can watch your progress and know what's in store for me! I used to get so tired in the evenings when I drank, now I have way more energy. Or maybe drinking just made me lazy?

I too am waiting to stop eating and get my weight into control. I am not sure why I want to eat so much? Any suggestions out there?

My headaches are definitely getting milder and not as consistent. Hopefully they'll be gone for good soon.
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Bella! I went over to chat and hung out for a while. Time really drags over there when you are looking at that cursor....I kept talking to myself, but got bored with me. I'm sorry I missed you.
                  3J, Day 13 was a big one for me. That is the day that I really felt like I could do this AF lifestyle. I had made it to 12 days twice before, I fell just before the magic happened. I hope it's been an easy day for you, too. The eating thing is interesting, you may want to search Kuya's posts on this. Our body is so used to using AL as fuel that when we try and convert it over to food it's like we aren't used to running on that. Your body is craving stuff it hasn't gotten in a long time. I don't think I'm explaining that very well, but it takes a good 30 days or so to get control back of all that....I'd say don't worry about it at the moment either. I ate everything in sight, but I only gained 3 pounds in that first month, and then went on to lose that and 13 more in the next several months without much effort at all. Hope that helps a little, there are 7 years of Newbie's Nest posts to read back thru, it's really a treasure trove in information if you have the time....
                  Hope everyone is having a good evening!
                  Keep your Father's Day celebrations AF!!! Remember, don't give in no matter what and no matter who! Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bella, I tried to find you, but I am so new and I don't seem to have a clue!
                    Byrdlady thanks, I have fought with weight issues all my life. If I don't get a grip I will be huge. Then I will hate myself and want to drink. Day 13 wasn't bad, but I was working a 12 hour shift so that helped get me through it. Can you help me understand what a bump is and how to put the newbies nest and toolbox on my profile please?
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3J...this site is not easy to navigate...that's why I put the links to the Newbie's Nest and Tool Box in my signature line! Newbie's Nest (NN) is almost always under new posts, so it's pretty easy to find. The Tool Box on the other hand...well, you can put your cursor over by my name and find it by opening any message from me, NoSugar has it in her tag line, too. But besides that way....under new posts, look over to the right side and you'll see the category links in blue. Click any of those links and that'll take you to the General Discussion area. The Tool Box is stuck to the top of that. Also stuck there are some good documentaries call Rain in my Heart. They are a real eye opener.

The way this site works is new messages are displayed at the top....so when a good thread gets buried, you can go in and find it and post something or Bump it up, and it reappears on the new messages so everyone can find it easily.

Edit: You want to put the Newbie's nest and Tool Box in your signature line like mine? Gulp.....NoSugar, may be your girl for that, she had to help me do it! She is awesome~
                      Double Edit: the signature line is under User CP above, left....it has all kinds of options for your profile. Edit signature is your ticket for getting there....if you are a good copy/paste'r you'll have no trouble getting the NN and TB in your line. (however if you are like me, you may need a hand)

Hope that helps! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You can put any thread in your signature using this general format but adding [ at the beginning and ] at the end with no spaces. I can't include them here or the coding won't show up in the post.

url=https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html]Newbies Nest[/url

After you add the [ and ], it should look like the name it was given after "html]" above and it should be an active link:
                        Newbies Nest

After you edit your signature, you can preview it before you "go live".

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdie - we crossed! I was trying to figure out how to explain this more clearly than I did with you. We'll see if it makes sense to anyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, started over yesterday after a sorrowful couple of days. AL just made me feel worse. I know....crazy to do what I know is going to make me feel worse after all. I did it. I'm back.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1520079 wrote: Yep, started over yesterday after a sorrowful couple of days. AL just made me feel worse. I know....crazy to do what I know is going to make me feel worse after all. I did it. I'm back.

-S-
                              Welcome home, TLS! :l:l:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad mine's already done! You are the best, NoSugar, for taking the time to explain that. I should save that message somewhere!!! xxoo, B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X