Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw you're back that's what counts!!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1520078 wrote: Hey Byrdie - we crossed! I was trying to figure out how to explain this more clearly than I did with you. We'll see if it makes sense to anyone!
      haha it worked now I will try to put in the tools link thank you both so much
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Look at you go, 3J!!!! Wow!
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Testing 123
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks NoSugar & 3June.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back Bella & thelaststraw!
              I found success when I made a good plan & commited myself to doing 30 days AF. I had intended to moderate after the 30 days but changed my mind along the way. I knew, without a doubt that I would never be happy with one or two glasses of wine. It's just all around easier for me & most people here to skip it

I had a busy day, got lots of things done outside after a solid week of rain - yay!
              Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Testing 456
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woot thanks you guys I feel like I belong now LOL
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande do you still have cravings? You've been AF forever. I am in awe. Do you now come here to help others or is it still to help yourself? That doesn't sound right i hope you know what I mean.
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1520089 wrote: Woot thanks you guys I feel like I belong now LOL
                      You came in with AP credit of 11 days and are continuing to excel :H!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, I am so impressed with 3J's computer ability, it takes a village!!
                        Welcome back LastStraw. Here is the Butt Velcro and nest straps....glad you are back with us. This is the best place I know to get sober.
                        Great to see you, Lav!
                        Nighty night all....B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all so much for your continued support. You are making this journey so much easier for me. I hope I can help others the way you help me.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello newbies!!!!

I have a funny/disturbing story....Tonight at about 8:30pm I got in my car and drove to the gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes (I know, it is a very disgusting habit and I am formulating a plan to quit for good in the very near future - dealing with sobriety first and foremost for now).
                            ANYWAY, got to the gas station and a woman who looked a lot like me was walking out of the gas station store with two packs of cigarettes in her hand. She asked me with great alarm if I smelled anything. I said yes, it smells like someone is burning charcoal. She then looks at the gas attendant and says "see, i told you. I am so worried about you. Your mother loves you and she wouldn't want anything to happen to you" He gave me this weird look which I returned because what she said was so strange and then I turned to her and she said to me, "it would be horrible if something bad happened..." then to the gas attendant as she was leaving: "your mama loves you, you know" Needless to say, she was COMPLETELY drunk. She then got in her car and I watched her start to drive away but then she stopped abruptly, jumped out of her car, removed the gas hose from her car, paid the for the gas and then drove away. She started to drive away with the gas pump STILL IN HER CAR.

I guess that would be funny to watch for most people. For me, it was tragic and disturbing because she reminded me of ME. That would have been me a year ago. She made a complete idiot of herself but she doesn't even know it. I wonder how many times I made an idiot out of myself just like that?

I am so glad I don't drink anymore!!
                            I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, Just checking in to say hi. I have had 38 days AF today since I started my quit.Weekends are no longer a haze just sitting around feeling half alive and not wanting to do anything except have another drink.What madness and a waste of ones life. I sleep better, eat better,am calmer,no more of that roller coaster ride,work better,love better, can analyse things better,appreciate the small things,have more money,can remember a movie or book, have started back at volunteer work,am totally committed to MWO...................the list goes on. A life AF is BETTER!.
                              There is lots of good advice here. The one I like and has helped me so much is: "that it does get easier" Hope everyone is doing well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kind of erie, Jenni, since she kind of looked like you.

-S-

Comment

Working...
                                X