Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

just know I love you all and thanks for helping me along the way.

I will never forget you.!
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

jdg - love u 2
      I really do love you

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

jack danielsgilrl - don't like the taste

but I like the girl...how are you doing?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Look back on yesterday, but don't STARE
          It is done and all you have is today
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Jenn....I needed that!
            Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
            [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Started the day with no special plans but ended up spending some nice (crazy) time with my daughter & all three grandkids

JDG, allow me to correct something Byrdie said earlier.
              I quit when I first joined MWO but I had quit many, many times before on my own & always restarted. Why? Primarily because I was drinking AT my husband. He had been behaving like a genuine ass for a long time, refused to communicate with me in any meaninful way & I just couldn't stand his behavior when I was sober. How sad is that?
              I finally discovered that I didn't need his approval, help or anything else. All I needed was the support of my MWO friends. If you truly want to take back control of your life, you can do it & we'll be here to support you!

Greetings to all & wishes for a safe & cozy night in the nest.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Signed the papers to auction the contents of my dads house..this is really hard and emotional..drinking lots of lemon water tonight....really wanted wine but distracted myself and drank more water....I know this is the right thing to do but that does not make it any easier....;-((
                dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Monday
                  No work for me until I see the foot doctor next Monday...yep, my foot is STILL broken! Lol

I saw the Man of Steel movie today and all I can say is that staring at that hunky man for two hours made me feel almost good as new!

I almost forgot...haven't smoked in 10 days! Being completely annoyed at my foot and crutches has totally distracted me...yay!

Have a good sober night...and welcome to all the new folks!
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle: even though it is right does not make it easy but in the long run, you will be content. Really wanting wine but NOT succumbing is really wonderful....you should be extremely proud of yourself!!! For me, stress always makes me want to drink....not a party or happy feelings....then I can skip it....it is anxiety and stress that are my triggers. But I know that nothing good would come of it.
                    I am glad for you that you made the right choice!!
                    I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - i am happy you got to watch a hunky man for 2 hours.

you freak me out at how you are so positive. Thanks for you being you.
                      -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1520833 wrote:
                        I quit when I first joined MWO but I had quit many, many times before on my own & always restarted. Why? Primarily because I was drinking AT my husband. He had been behaving like a genuine ass for a long time, refused to communicate with me in any meaninful way & I just couldn't stand his behavior when I was sober.
                        Jack Daniels Girl - I agree with Lav. I also drank 'AT' my husband to spite him when he behaved like a complete ass (fortunately just for one night - and that felt pretty bad!!)

I realise now that I am quitting drinking for ME. Because, I feel so much better in myself now I'm sober. My husband has generally always been very loving and supportive. He loved the fact that I was sober and our relationship seemed great because of it, yet he STILL acted like a complete ass!! Life is like that sometimes - so for now I am concentrating on ME and making ME happy. So far the knock on effect is that my son and daughter are both really happy (mostly because I'm sober and can offer them lifts everywhere!! ) BUT the biggest winner here is me. I just have to look in the mirror to see that for myself.

JDG - just imagine that your husband is an annoying two year old. Ignore his criticisms and tantrums and just keep looking in that mirror and telling yourself how great you look and feel today. Once he realises you aren't taking any notice of him anymore, he might start taking a closer look at you himself!

K9 - awesome to be NF for 10 days - you are looking so great - fit and healthy, I'm almost glad you're on crutches otherwise you would probably put us all to shame by running marathons too! :H

Chin up everyone - My quote for the day is this:

I'm not as good as I want to be
                        as great as one day I will be
                        but thanks to God
                        I am so much better than I used to be!
                        Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Isn't it amazing just how many of us drank AT self-absorbed spouses?
                          Don't forget to forgive yourselves, it takes time but it can be done

Wishing everyone a good AF Tuesday. Rain again today on the east coast & I didn't even order any more :H

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters, Just checking in to say Hi and wish you all success . I am about to hit the sack. Keep Strong Everyone:nutso: (just love this ha ha )

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1520870 wrote: Happy Monday
                              No work for me until I see the foot doctor next Monday...yep, my foot is STILL broken! Lol

I saw the Man of Steel movie today and all I can say is that staring at that hunky man for two hours made me feel almost good as new!
                              Henry Cavill is eye candy, no doubt. You can watch him in The Tudors and in The Immortals, too.
                              Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi there, i was directed here. im trying to stop drinking and having a really hard time...please help

Comment

Working...
                                X