Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Yes Steadfast the effects of a heavy Habit are devastating to a family. I speak first hand. My hubby has one he indulges until we have nothing. Having a bad morning here. It all starts with al. That bastard. I hate it. Ot has caused so much grief to so many of us. And it still keeps on even after some of us stop.
    On a lighter note. Day 53 for me!
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle day 53 that's amazing you must be feeling fabulous. How's that evening cleaning job going? It must be tough working out your own devil when hubby isn't recognizing his. Good thing you have us!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Wishing everyone a terrific AFThursday!
        I'm up to my eyeballs in little boys& Golden Retrievers today :H:H

Have a great day!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters!
          Lil B, the 50+ club is great!!! (not just talking age either!!!) ehehe.... I'm not sure how old you are, but you look mighy young in your avatar! (I'm 5x!) My 3 seems to be malfunctioning.....

Steady...I'm so proud of you holding fast to your quit. I actually trained to be a dental hygienist and practiced for almost 4 years after I got out of college. It was great sport to see people come in with bright green stains on the back of their teeth.....pot stains. I hope he is able to curb that habit seeing what a great example you are setting.

3J, I lost count of my days, until someone put a handy link over on the 100 day thread...so now I do keep up with it on my calendar at the beginning of the month. There are those that don't believe in the day count, but I do. Because you can't manage what you can't measure. As addicts, I think it's an important victory to stack up the days. I am PROUD of my days, just as you are!! Each one was EARNED and not just given to me. So that's just my opinion of it. The date down at the bottom is the last time I consumed a drop of AL. Here's the sad thing....I don't even remember it.
          A good point about the last time we had 1 glass of wine....I think mine was in 1986. Ever since it has grown heads and taken a life of its own.....until 1/20/2011, exactly 29 months ago today. If I can do it....I know you nesters can!!!
          Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So, do we know anything about Patrick? I'm hoping he's just on one of those long European vacations in a place so remote he can't post...
            Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
            Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I haven't heard from him either....I know he is strong. Like you, I hope he is just on vacation...I would really like to hear from him, tho.
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1521893 wrote: Fin, I haven't heard from him either....I know he is strong. Like you, I hope he is just on vacation...I would really like to hear from him, tho.
                Roger that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is so sad when people disappear.....or at least worrisome
                  I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

jenniech;1521898 wrote: It is so sad when people disappear.....or at least worrisome
                    No doubt because a fall can be unbelievably spirit crushing not to mention, embarrassing. What's important in these times is coming back to this group who will not judge ASAP!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks guys. Working hard. Love being my own boss. I'm 50 this year Yeah!!!
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1521942 wrote: No WAY, I'mOnMyWay!!! Here on My Way Out! How can we count the ways???
                        On behalf of grateful Newbie's everywhere, I hope you'll accept this small token of a huge job!!!

:finger:

This is for giving AL 'The Bird' for 100 big days!!! You started with a commitment and saw it thru! I am so proud of you! Wear this finger loud and proud!!! You've earned it!!!
                        The Staff

Congratulations on 100 days, I'mOnMyWay!

You are well on your way now!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 4

I am very excited to say today is day 4 for hubby and me!!!! Whoo hoo! I feel really good about this. WE are doing a juice cleanse detox as well. I feel like this could be the time!!
                          DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

That is fantastic, DW!!! All the AL is out of your system and you are operating under your own steam (or juice!!). I am so happy for you, there is nothing like breaking free from AL!! It is empowering! Well done! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW NoSugar 100 days how wonderful

So I just thought I would drop in as I had fallen off the face of the earth, yea it is dry there.
                              Anyway my brother is still fighting, I almost went down to help, but my SIL thinks it is better to get a nurse to protect my brothers dignity. That was one thing I was concerned about. The tomor has hold of his brain, and he is not my brother any longer as he is hullucinating, forgetting his clothing and the one we all worry about (going to the bathroom)
                              I am at a loss, my daughter is worried about my mental state if I go, my temper is short and for being Irish/Scottish and English well I have not a long fuse anyway.
                              I will try to come back tomorrow, I just have not felt social, but good work for those who are beating this, and for you who are struggling do not give in. This is a real trial for me, I have a song going through my head my father used to sing " I'LL SELL MY SHOES FOR A BOTTLE OF BOOZE" truthfully that is how I feel after all this time. Stress, worry, loss, lonely, having a void already. Anyway I must go for I soon will be flooded with tears and my keyboard is not tearproof

Comment

Newbies Nest

moretoit;1522005 wrote: WOW NoSugar 100 days how wonderful

So I just thought I would drop in as I had fallen off the face of the earth, yea it is dry there.
                                Anyway my brother is still fighting, I almost went down to help, but my SIL thinks it is better to get a nurse to protect my brothers dignity. That was one thing I was concerned about. The tomor has hold of his brain, and he is not my brother any longer as he is hullucinating, forgetting his clothing and the one we all worry about (going to the bathroom)
                                I am at a loss, my daughter is worried about my mental state if I go, my temper is short and for being Irish/Scottish and English well I have not a long fuse anyway.
                                I will try to come back tomorrow, I just have not felt social, but good work for those who are beating this, and for you who are struggling do not give in. This is a real trial for me, I have a song going through my head my father used to sing " I'LL SELL MY SHOES FOR A BOTTLE OF BOOZE" truthfully that is how I feel after all this time. Stress, worry, loss, lonely, having a void already. Anyway I must go for I soon will be flooded with tears and my keyboard is not tearproof

Hi, Moretoit, it is good to see you again. I am sorry your life is so hard right now. We'll be here when you are ready to come back :l.

The 100 days belongs to I'm OnMyWay
                                - I just wanted to be sure everyone knows !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X