Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Guitarista sorry I hope my warped humor wasn't offensive. I was tired after a long shift and feeling a bit randy I guess!!
    Newbies Nest
    Toolbox
    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
      Moretoit, I am so sorry, I completely missed your post yesterday. My heart goes out to you, family stuff is gut wrenching. But I can assure you of one thing...drinking won't make any of it improve. I wrote the book on trying that one, maybe you've read it? "The Family Byrd: How to make things worse by trying" I will be thinking of you and wish you strength!!! Feel free to tell us all about it, because it helps to get it out of your head and on to paper!

3J....you remind me of someone....when she first came here she was a quiet little thing. Of course, both feet worked then, but she didn't say much as she was working thru getting sober. Then that last time she broke thru her barrier, K9 came in to her own! Now, she's the top act on this site! She's booked for months!! Her sense of humor really came out after she got sober and she is one of the funniest people I know....I see great potential in you, too!

G Man....there are no shortcuts to our punctuation now are there? You give new meaning to 'So how are you doing Mr. G?' (insert punch line here!!) But please know, that you always put the adjectives and adverbs in our otherwise mundane world!!

Good to see everyone today! Today is the longest day of the year...no need to make it longer by inviting the G/S/R Brothers (guilt/shame/remorse)!! If K9 can get the Pep Squad together from her command center couch, we'll get some inspirational words from her! Remember, Friday is JUST another day....not a free pass or entitlement to Boozeville. Go out and make it great day! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!
        Day 5 for me and hubby!!! Super glad he is doing this with me. We have been a little grumpy but making it thru. Going to try and stay super busy over the weekend and have some pellegrino and lime on hand just incase we feel the need to have something it will be safe... Congrats to all who are doing so well.
        Meretoit I hope things get better for you and your family.
        DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi every one ,sorry if i caused some concern.just back from 2 weeks in Spain and my pc died just before i left so could'nt let you know I was gone.2 heavenly weeks in the sun,pub most nights, but no alcohol and zero temptation to drink
          AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1522298 wrote: hi every one ,sorry if i caused some concern.just back from 2 weeks in Spain and my pc died just before i left so could'nt let you know I was gone.2 heavenly weeks in the sun,pub most nights, but no alcohol and zero temptation to drink
            Glad you had a nice trip (and apparently got a new PC!). You now know for sure you are missed when you aren't here .

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick, as soon as I finish kissing you like a new puppy, I'm going to smack you for disappearing!!! So glad you are back and that you had a great time!!!

:sofa:

We missed you! XXOO, Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Patrick - glad you're back - we all missed you! I'm so jealous that you had two whole weeks of sunshine! Weather in the UK has been absolutely diabolical - apparently this has been the coldest spring on record!!

We're off to Bulgaria for a week next week - can't wait for some sun too. How did you find being in a pub each evening and not drinking? I'm wondering how I will cope with that??
                Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

no problem snap,I simply dont drink anymore,not one ,not ever(thanks Birdy)It comes down to choice for me,I choose not too because one wont be enough,and I like where I am today,why would I CHOOSE TO DO SOMETHING THAT WILL RUIN MY HEALTH AND MY LIFE.It would be both stupid and crazy,so I dont.EVER.Eating a small amount of lead every day will also poison and kill you slowly and I choose not to do that,why would I choose to do it with alcohol?
                  AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all,
                    Had to let our old little beagle Chuck go today...he had no quality of life and could barely stand...so sad...we miss him already and the other dogs know something is not right...
                    dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry Dottie. Pets are much more then just animals. :l
                      Thanks Patrick for words of inspiration.
                      This place makes me laugh. So much better then crying because I'm hung over and broke
                      I thought about it and came to this conclusion. I can think of many reasons not to drink al. Health, relationships, money.....
                      I can only come up with excuses for drinking al.
                      Have a great af weekend.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steadfast. It's great to have someone to share the most important day of my life with. Congrats to you. My bday is in Jan.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can't figure out how to summon the pep squad from my iPad...so I guess it's just me today.

I am surrounded by teens playing Mario Kart on the Wii and I am drinking sparkling cider...life is good

Remember...weekends are just days, not an excuse to drink. A craving will never last as long as hangover and you'll never wake up in the morning wishing you'd drank the night before!

Not too original today but its the best I can do. Now get out there and do your best friend!!!
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gotta love the nest for making me laugh after a stressful day, who needs AL when you have so much fun just reading the witty comments here.
                            Have a great AF weekend ! :H
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Welcome back Patrick, glad you are doing well

Dottie, so sorry about Chuck!
                              My dogs have always been a real part of the family & you do miss them.

K9, I do believe you are borderline bored :H
                              Are you going to be able to return to work anytime soon or shouldn't I ask? :H

I have just completed two grueling days of watching my grandsons ages 2 & 4! I am one tired granny!!!
                              If I was still hugging the wine bottle I certainly would not have the opportunity to have all this fun ~ I am grateful

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning everyone
                                still here feeling good

Comment

Working...
                                X