Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lav how wonderful to have grandsons. Lucky you.
    Sorry you're not able to get out and about right now k9.
    Good morning everyone. Have a great day.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gee, I've had some good giggles reading back through the foregoing posts! The 'misinterpretation' of Mr G's comment made me LOL! Which, I might add, was just what I needed.

Have had a few wistful thoughts about you-know-what, partially prompted by a visit from a couple of mates of my husband. They're very funny guys, but invariably drunk on the weekends. They were laughing and stuffing around and I had to kind of go with it and pretend i was drunk to get on their wave-length. Anyway, they're gone now, and I wont have to wake up tomorrow feeling ill and full of misgivings!

Little Beagle, yes, it's cool to share the same day-count! It would seem I'm about five months older than you. Do you have plans to celebrate your 50th?? I'm really unsure what to do.

Time for a cup of coffee! Have a great AF weekend everyone,
      love Steady
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June2013;1522250 wrote: Guitarista sorry I hope my warped humor wasn't offensive. I was tired after a long shift and feeling a bit randy I guess!!
        Randy eh?! Just do your best friend June!

Byrdlady;1522256 wrote:
        G Man....there are no shortcuts to our punctuation now are there? You give new meaning to 'So how are you doing Mr. G?' (insert punch line here!!) But please know, that you always put the adjectives and adverbs in our otherwise mundane world!!
        You smooth talker you.

K9Lover;1522390 wrote:

Now get out there and do your best friend!!!
        Indeed!

Dottie, sorry to hear about Chuck. Vale Chuck.

Good job on day 5 D dubbya!

Good to see you Patrick.

L8tr, yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had a crazy day yesterday ... Moved my dad into his assisted living. He had a bad day... I did really want a drink . Bad. I was stressed and tired. He had a couple accidents in his pants. Etc... But I did not do it. We even went to a restaurant where I would likely down 3 glasses of wine. I felt so proud.. Then went home .. And my13 yr old chatted for two hours , and even wanted to go for a walk w me! Then did a night swim w my 9 yr old and her friend and mom! Tired today- but feel happy. I found yesterday VERY hard no to drink ! The Antabuse helps ... And if anxiety gets too bad I take a 1/2 Xanax. Feel soo good

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 I had some knee issues a while back and my physiotherapist gave am an exercise to do sitting down. You lift each knee one at a time but the goal is to keep perfectly straight. I think I did it sitting on an exercise ball. Works the and. Also light weights would be good for upper arms etc. might help with the boredom!
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kohl mom you rock it is so difficult watching our parents age. You are so strong managing to stay AF through out and look at the rewards, hanging with your kids. Precious times.
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista LOL I guess doing your best friend will never be the same!
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Howdy do, Nesters!!!?
                  Raining over the Southern portion of the nest today. I hope Lav got the sunshine!

The aging parent is a hard issue to deal with. I guess we were spared the really bad parts of that, it was getting ugly tho. My heart goes out to everyone who is working with that....just no easy answers. Cherish them while they are here is all I can say.

I think I'll have a meaningful trip to the grocery store today. I don't mind going when I'm not rushed and I can look at new stuff and read labels and THINK. Back in the old days, I'd start drinking at 10:30 on weekends so I wasn't able to drive or THINK. I was constantly running to the grocery store during the week to restock my stash...I came home with stuff I had no idea why I bought it, mostly produce with the bulky plastic bags so I could hide my wine. UGG. Those were NOT the good old days. Whenever I try to have romantic thoughts of a glass, I remember things like that, or chugging it from a hairspray bottle hiding in the bathroom. That gets me back to reality pretty quickly. K9 says this about it:

It's not all about rainbows and butterflies
                  For me it was it was handcuffs and a couple DUI's!

I wanted to work something in there about your cellmate, Diablo but nothing rhymes with that

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

still here day 24

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great stuff Witts end! Keep it going.

Day 42. Bring it on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Did I forget to say Good morning Nesters?
                        Now it's time to say good night :H :H
                        I think my brain is worn out after watching kids thepast two days :H

I truly do wish everyone a safe night in the nest

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                          Feeling a little better about letting Chuck go..I know it was what needed to be done but it still hurts...the other dogs are looking around...guess they miss him too...
                          Went to dads house today to meet with the auction guy so he could take pictures. We still have so much work to do...dh just doesn't understand how hard this is for me...he just wants to go in and pitch things...I need to look through things and sort....I have had to pull him back a few times...will be very glad when this is over...
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1522626 wrote: Howdy do, Nesters!!!?

It's not all about rainbows and butterflies
                            For me it was it was handcuffs and a couple DUI's!

I wanted to work something in there about your cellmate, Diablo but nothing rhymes with that

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!! Byrdie

My night with Diablo was a painful Fiasco
                            . lol...

My mama is scheduled for a total mastectomy with removal of lymph nodes on July 3.

So... being the party girl (Not!!), I am planning a little Independence Day celebration in Mom's hospital room. No alcohol, of course!! Just love, and compassion, and a touch of humor.

Thanks to all of my friends in The Nest who have helped me to get sober and stay sober. Because I am sober, and have my head on straight (more or less), I can actually help my mom. Yes, I cry. But that's just me.

I am so very proud of all Nesters and your accomplishments. It's hard work, yes? But totally worth it. TOTALLY WORTH IT!!

Stay strong. You are loved. We All Rock!! (per memo from Lav). Thank you, Lav!! :rockon:
                            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alrighty, so all of you Nesters are likely snuggled in for the night. Make a little room for me. My corner of the world is just about the last to tuck in -- and be grateful for another AF Day.

I've just read back over the last few days of posts. I've been laughing so much that hubs wonders what kind of website I've found... Love all of you!! (Yes, I get sentimental. Can't seem to help myself.)

Guess what? Life is so long sometimes (broken foot and can't do a damn thing), and then so short (our beloved pet says goodbye). But each and every day that we live with a sober brain is a fabulous day. Even when every possible thing is going wrong and everyone we've ever known is being an insensitive jerk and we rant and swear like a sailor, as long as we are free from the hell of alcohol, it's a very lovely day.

Sweetest dreams to All ~
                              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Having a wonderful AF weekend away with family and not the slightest bit worried about staying AF. Somehow it has sunk in. Likely from all of your voices in my head! I don't drink. I just don't! Now go do your best friends LOL couldn't resist!
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X