Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Glad you're hanging in there Tess.
    Dottie I am with you in spirit at this time.
    I hope everyone has a great af night.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Look for the Super Moon tonight and tomorrow .

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Saw the Supermoon earlier, lovely to see (and appreciate) these things AF. It's been a good weekend. Went shopping yesterday, and bought exotic smelling shower and bath gels - they're quite pricey, but i still spent less than i would have on Al, and they'll last a lot longer! Don't know whether it's the same for guys (or even all women) but i find pampering stuff is a great substitute for Al. I must confess, though, that i am taking a valium from time to time when feeling particularly stressed. I only have one valium left now, which is making me nervous. The doc would probably prescribe me more (since it's the lesser of two evils), but i'm scared i'll end up addicted to that. Must work out a stress-proofing program, with exercise and stuff.

Sunday night in Oz, so better settle in, butt velcro in place!

Take care and stay strong everyone,
        Steady
        :h
        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

The heat & humidity is building here - welcome summer

Steady, I would tread carefully with the Valium, it can be addictive. I have made good use of an OTC product called Amoryn for years now. Take a look at the website then see what is available in your neck of the woods AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Supplement to Improve Mood and Promote Emotional Health | St. John's Wort 3% Hyperforin

Tess, your Mom is lucky to have your support during this time! I hope her surgery goes well & she is home soon after.

Dottie, I went through the pain of clearing out my parent's house back in the mid 80's. If possible, try to sell as much as you can to fund your Dad's stay in the care facility. You can keep a few special mementos & all of the memories :l

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

The Super Moon was pretty cool (although it was hazy) tonight should be Superer (yes, I make up words).

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys/Gals - I tripped up, again. I had my 70+ days, tripped a couple weeks ago, got right back to work for another 10 days AF and then took a stupid stumble last night while on summer vacation.

We're on our way to the Tetons and Snake River. Sitting by the river last night after a long day of driving made me weak for that all too familiar IPA by the waterside. Dang it. I can tell you this -- it was NOT worth again losing the traction I had reestablished and I cannot moderate my thoughts around AL. I can sort of moderate my consumption as I didn't cave hard the last two times - only two-three beers over as many hours. Anyway, what's a problem now is not being able to moderate my thinking. For example, if I allow myself to have one or two every couple of months or something, that puts my mind back into the AL world...a world over consumed by the thoughts of AL. Well fuck that! I'm so pissed at myself. Just stop the madness. I feel absolutely AMAZING off AL so that IS the path for me to go. Live it, Fin..live the vision.

Super Moon Sunday sounds like a great day to quit for good, doesn't it? That's what I thought. Thanks for putting up with the rant (and my picking me up in my failures and celebrating my successes). You people mean much to me...

Have an excellent day and above all, BE GOOD!
              -Fin
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I wish I could throw my head up in the air and say I got it the first time...but alas, I can't. IT IS HARD! BUT, as you can see....every time we get that thought it turns out the same. Nothing is ever going to change regarding us and AL. Correction, it can get much worse...(see 2010 for me).
                Has each time you have fallen been on a Saturday? Seems like it has...if that is the case we'll have to shore up your Sattidy Plan! This is a slimy opponent, Fin, and all the stops must be pulled out to beat it. But YOU CAN DO IT! I know you can!!
                I'm so glad you came back to us....you never fail until you quit quitting. We are right here with you...hugs dear man....just a couple AF days and you will be right as rain! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1522934 wrote: We are right here with you...hugs dear man....just a couple AF days and you will be right as rain! Byrdie
                  You ARE the best! Thank you. I've caved on a Wed, a Sat...there's no pattern other than needing to break every association link in the AL chain. That's what gets me. I'll be in a "new" situation that I use to associate with AL (like sitting by the river's edge). The desire was so intense and I was tired - the killer combo. I had lost my discipline.
                  Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                  Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Rainy and muggy here this morning. Muggy is a bit unusual for this neck of the woods.

little beagle - thank you for your support!!

thelaststraw - I missed Super Moon last night, went straight to bed. I'm happy to hear that it will be Superer tonight. I love made up words!!

Steady - I find pampering stuff is a great substitute for AL, too. I struggle a lot with anxiety, always have. I've not taken valium. I think I will try Lav's suggestion of AMORYN. Anxiety totally sucks!! It's what got me started with the demon Alcohol in the first place. :eeew:

Lav - I'm so happy that I am available to help Mom. She will certainly need me when she gets home from the hospital: drain tubes, dressings to change, etc. Being a post-surgery breast cancer patient does not leave much room for privacy. It's wonderful that you are able to be with your grandkids and help them with their little lives. Being sober totally rocks!!

Fin - You will live the vision. You will. :yes2:

Stay strong Fellow Fledglings. Enjoy this AF Day!! :byebye:
                    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                    pointed the way
                    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all,
                      HOT hot hot...bleh...going to friends today for a landscape thingy...lots of houses with fantastic ponds or waterfalls etc in their yards open for all to see...theirs is really beautiful...then grocery shopping and back to the basement here...need to get it ready to take a few of the things from the house....this too shall pass...but I want to be finished NOW...sigh...
                      Lav I agree and that is exactly what i am doing...just a few things..what I dont want is to have dh's kids throw all my stuff away...the wont care so i am only taking a few things...I have memories and pictures and they dont take up as much space....
                      thanks for the support little beagle and others. I can feel the support and appreciate it greatly.
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess-2;1522778 wrote: But each and every day that we live with a sober brain is a fabulous day. Even when every possible thing is going wrong and everyone we've ever known is being an insensitive jerk and we rant and swear like a sailor, as long as we are free from the hell of alcohol, it's a very lovely day.

Sweetest dreams to All ~
                        Tess, you are amazing, such a difficult time with your mom and you are the one who continues to inspire us!
                        I'm writing the above statement you made down on a piece of papaer and keeping it in my wallet..It is so true, when everything seems to be going wrong is the time I most want to drink, every time I feel that way I am going to read your post to keep me on track!

Wishing the best for you and your family.:h
                        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone
                          hope everyone is good
                          day 24 af

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I blew it. Made it almost two weeks and after a rough day, being all alone and found out my company just got sold, I bought beer. I have been drinking every day since father's day. I honestly thought I was good...feeling proud and happy with myself. The first few days were not so bad because I was not drinking as much as I used to, but that quickly changed. So today, after I have already had drinks, I am done. Tomorrow will be my day one..sadly, again. This is going to be tougher for me because I truly will be all alone...no kids, no boyfriend, neighbors on vacation. I am already dreading going through this, but I know it must be done.:upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

struggles;1523078 wrote: Well, I blew it. Made it almost two weeks and after a rough day, being all alone and found out my company just got sold, I bought beer. I have been drinking every day since father's day. I honestly thought I was good...feeling proud and happy with myself. The first few days were not so bad because I was not drinking as much as I used to, but that quickly changed. So today, after I have already had drinks, I am done. Tomorrow will be my day one..sadly, again. This is going to be tougher for me because I truly will be all alone...no kids, no boyfriend, neighbors on vacation. I am already dreading going through this, but I know it must be done.:upset:
                              I feel for you but this community can act as your quasi-gang of friends. There are so many people here who are true blue honest, inspiring human beings. Enjoy the friendship that transpires here until your 'real life' friends re-materialize... If I am out of line, I apologize as...

I am coming to the Newbie's Nest and plan on staying here for a couple of months. I have been a member for a long time, yet never have been a part of this encouraging clan. I managed to reach my first 30 days AF in May and what did I do to celebrate???? Had a bloody glass of wine! The rest is history and not to anyone's surprise I am back where I started which is almost daily drinking.

Maybe I should have used this tool right from the beginning as I have heard nothing but wonderful accolades about the Nest. So, while I am not a Newbie, here I am, wishing to be cradled in the arms of tough love. Day one today.
                              Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                              ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snuggle in Struggles and Tipplerette!

It's a hard lesson to learn, isn't it. WE KNOW where this is going, yet we do it. It'sa bear, but trust me, it can be done! Thank you both for sharing your stories...I hope if we hear them often enough we will know just how it ends. Settle on in and check in often! Just promise yourself that before you think about drinking again, you'll come here first and post about it. Hopefully, you'll talk yourself out of it, once you get it out of your head, you can see how ridiculous it looks, ever to you! We are glad you are here!
                                Hey Dot Belle, Halo, witts end and Tess! Good to see you, and everyone today!!
                                Remember to take the butt Velcro and pass it to the right! :bum: Get enough for each cheek! If you got thru the last 15 minutes, you can get thru the next 15! Have a safe night eva'body! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X