Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nice job, april Remember... ODAT zwink:
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Goodnight little ones.......see you in a couple days...........GO CARDINALS!!
      PR....(papa renewal)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, And big warm welcome to any new nestlings, scoot on in here and take refuge,

Wow, it is quiet....SS, I do like the idea of a glabal nap day, like on a Tuesday or Wednesday! Have to laugh (sorry, sympathise) about your bruises and how you know where they came from......manys a morning woke up to check that I still had 4 limbs. LOL

I hope there is some blueberry pie left, I didnt make it here yesterday but some woul dbe really nice right now.

Kapo, you sound in jolly form, thats really good. You seem to be thriving on this new job,

I reckon it could be Monday morning here before we see any superbowl, chicken wings and rotel dip for breakfast methinks.....I think I'd be better off at work.

Peeps, i gotta fly out of here, but hope to check in tomorrow when I reach the ripe old age of 34 ...Hope you all have a good Friday
        Live your life in such a way that
        when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
        Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Messed Up

Feel like I should say I am sorry for letting you all down. I drank last night--no reason, no triggers, just wanted to. I was home alone, drank, and went to bed. How fun is that?

Now back to day one--with this horrid hangover. Do not like feeling this way at all.:upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 30 AF for me. I am so delighted.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on 30 days, Irish!:goodjob:
              UNG, You know the drill! Up off the floor, dust off, get back at it. You didn't disappoint anyone here! Never feel that way. We are all in this together. Just be mad at yourself and use this to learn. Sorry you feel poorly, but it's part of the process. Hey, think of it this way: I bet you're feeling that HO way more than you felt it in the old days, because with a few AF days behind you, you have learned the gift of waking up without one!
              RENEWAL, I'm hurt that you made no comment about my new outfit for Sunday. Don't you like it? I'll take it back!!!
              SUNSHINE, how are those bones of yours?
              NEURO, Here's the banana cake recipe:

Banana-Nut Cake

2 ? cups cake flour
              1 2/3 cups sugar
              1 ? teaspoons baking powder
              1 ? teaspoons baking soda
              1 teaspoon salt
              2/3 cup shortening
              2/3 cup buttermilk
              3 eggs
              1 ? cups mashed ripe bananas
              2/3 cup finely chopped nuts
              1 cup chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour baking pan, 13x9x2 inches, or two 9-inch or three 8-inch round layer pans. Measure all ingredients into large mixer bowl. Blend ? minute on low speed, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 8 minutes high speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan(s).

Bake oblong 45 to 50 minutes, layers 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool.

Ice with vanilla or cream cheese icing.
              Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Upnorthgirl!

:l
                Don't worry. Don't feel bad and don't beat yourself up.
                Nobody here would feel let down by you or any other of us here doing exactly the same thing. We'd just be thinking "sh*t, there but for the grace of God go I". I know I did - AND I did exactly the same as you on Monday night. It's that time of week again for me - begins with an F and it's the start of the weekend - which in my mind means "I can drink!". I'm not even going to try 3 AF days - my aim is to have 4 AF days Mon-Thurs and then I can enjoy 3 days. If I can just get to that, I'd be fine. It's the 4 AF days that I'm battling with. Must look at the supps to see if anything can help with that.
                Hope the hangover is getting better - don't beat yourself up, lass. Remember - one step forward and maybe a few back but at least keep going forward.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm starting day 3 AF.
                  Irish Eyes, I love your avatar!
                  RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all you peeps,
                    Renewal-Football--That's that tinkng my hubby puts on the TV and then sits on the couch in front of it and then spends the rest of the day watching and dozing. dozing and watching. Is that right?

SS-Big ouch for you. Well as they say, no good deed goes unpunished. Did the guys at least appreciate the clean stairs!

Neuro-looks like you get the gummy worm today for being the early bird.

PNG-You know we are all in your corner. Hubby is working nights this week so it's been hard for me. Sitting at home by myself drinking and watching tv was a big escape. So sometimes what should be the easiest times for us are actually the hardest. Don't beat yourself up to bad and get back on track.

Dill-I love your robe and those spiffy fuzzy red slippers you got to go with it!!

Hi April-glad to see you back. The first 4 days were the hardest for me. So hang in there tight this week-end. You can always come here if it starts getting tricky this week end. Take care.

Irish Eyes-Congrats to you. :wd: Great job!

Well nesters-I hope everyone as a safe and AF week end.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi photo and april-cross post! LOL
                      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!
                        Irish, excellent on 30 days!!!
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's Friday, it's FRIDAY!!!!

Good morning, dear ducklings and Happy Friday!

Dunno why I'm so excited about Friday; I have a sh*tload of work to do, I'm sore as hell, I have a medical procedure scheduled for tomorrow morning and Mr. Wonderful is leaving for a week tomorrow as well. Not my favorite kinda weekend, for sure.

'Gidday' Kapo (you down underners sure talk funny) - you ought to stop in more often!
                          Morning Dilly-dally! Had one heck of a time getting to sleep last night - but at least I can attribute my big butt to swelling for a couple of days! :H Thanks muchly for the recipe.. copy/pasted/filed - to be tried out next weekend, maybe. Since Mr. Wonderful is not here this coming week I'm gonna really go after weight loss. Slim Fast, tons of fruit, whatever it takes. Any ideas?

Neuro, dear, please don't encourage Renewal with the whole Cardinal/Football thing!
                          Ummmm.... ripe old age of THIRTY-FOUR???? :H You're still wet behind the ears, for crying out loud! I'm sure I'll do at least a fly-by-greeting tomorrow, but if not... have a wonderful birthday!!!!

:l Upnorth
                          Well, hun... as Neuro said.. you know the drill. Sent you a PM. Let's make a plan for next Thursday... you're gonna win this!

:yougo: Irish Eyes!!!!! THIRTY days!!!! You so rock!!! Congratulations! I hope you are treating yourself to something nice - this is a huge accomplishment!

Ok, now it's 9am - my official 'work' time (:H yeah, like that's ever stopped me from goofing off) - however, I must flutter away for a while. Have a great day nestlings, stay safe, stay warm, stay sober! (And stay away from icy stairs)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Big huge fat cross post!!! :H

Good morning, Photogirl, April, Lilmea, and LTG!!! So glad to see everyone checking in!
                            April, Lilmea is right... day 3 and 4 are tough... hang in there, if you feel you're in trouble, put out a 'chat anyone?' in the Help needed section... many will respond!

LTG, how's the packing coming? Are you still cleaning as well? Would you do my house when you're done? :H *ducking*

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree that days 3 or 4 are rough. Chat does help.
                              I'll be packing till the cows come home...LOL!!
                              Sun, you need to change signature to 4 weeks NF :h
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all~
                                Good to hear so much laughter and positive comments! Sunshine--you crack me up!!!!
                                I really don't know what has come over me...I feel so different, and can't explain it. Again last night...sat down at the computer to do my taxes...thought to myself "better have beer for this one...could be painful"....beer took OVER an hour to drink this time...tasted weird or something?? Opened another "just to make sure"...got on the phone talking to my mom...forgot all about my beer--ended up tossing it before bed?!!! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?! THEN I drempt I was at dinner and ordered WATER!!!!!! Then my sister ordered me a glass of wine and I had only 2 sips and it just sat there the whole dinner...do you think that was the CDs???? This is just freakin me out...seriously!!
                                I am sooooo thankful for all of you, the support and encouraging words and for finding this site!! I really think (know) it's going to change my life...it's most definately changed my week
                                Have A SUPER FRIDAY!!! TGIF!!!!!!!!!!
                                "Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

6/18/11--7/3/12
                                7/29/12

Comment

Working...
                                X