Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

SUDKOU games can be found online, if you are into that - uses up lots of time, I had to quit SUDOKU.

Last night I played HEARTS online. I think I'd ask someone to ge me a bunch of yarn and crochet some stuff - I used to do abstract crochet art. Cross Stitch?

Man! My butt would get so sore not being able to walk around. I feel for you K9.
    -S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's!

Quack quack!

Sober is the new drunk I tells ya's!

Learn a language Niner. Plot for world domination. Study something. A veggie/herb patch?

Good to see you JD!

Day 44. Bring it on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

evening all,

thanks G man keep up the good work.

I am doing my best of the best.

Velcro applied.
        JDG
        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9, G beat me to it but I was going to say sign up for an online course(credit or non-credit) at your local community college! It will make the time fly & you get to learn something new
          Sure hope your foot is healing kiddo!

NS, that quiet time you mentioned before members disappear from MWO - that' s decision time I think. Drinking AL is always a decision! I hang around MWO after all this time for a lot of reasons. Mostly it just feels like the right thing for me to do& if I am helping anyone else, then great

Got thru my morning watching grandsons, made a batch of really good cherry jam this afternoon during a huge thunder storm, made sure the chickens didn't float away, etc. :H

Hang in there everyone be it day 1 or 100!!!!
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone
            Hey K9 sorry about your foot when I had a broken ankle no weight either was good for the first week and slowly hubby was getting slack and was in 2 big a hurry for with work etc he'd make lunch and put it in the fridge also to make coffee He started making a thermos which worked well at the start
            No problem but I had to get it out of the fridge and back to the lounge ......had to find something....office chair on wheels worked well solved everything because when your on crutches you can't carry anything but sitting on the chair I could push it along with my good leg ......thats how I survived on crutches no weight on foot at all and it lasted 10 weeks before cast finally came off
            I also had my sewing and knitting with in hands reach

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi my first day. Need help having issues. Keep. Making the wrong decisions when l drink liquer. I thought I could handle a little here and there, wrong. Seems like every other time I mess in a bad way. I use drugs.I don't want this anymore. I got good job, great wife.this needs to stop please help me .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to mwo Shepherd. Stick close and read and post. We are all here to help you get through this. :welcome:
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Shep!
                  We are glad you've found us. Read back a while and get to "know" us. We can definitely help you. The first step is to get rid of the alcohol. This CAN BE DONE, but you have to want it more than anything. Stick close to us ok?
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9! Im back and stronger than ever. You are a gem and truly helped me out the first time I joined here back in April. A lot has happened since then (moved to another country, unexpected death in the family, break up with my boyfriend) and I returned to drinking. But this time its different. This time, I actually WANT the change and see my path clearly.
                    Anyhow, just wanted to say hello and wish you the best in your recovery. Im praying for you during this time. I know it sucks (happened to me back in Jan) but time flies and you will be back to tip top shape in no time. In the meantime, ENJOY the relaxation and time off from work
                    XO

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Shep and welcome! You can really have what you came here looking for if you put in some work. I'd bet that almost every one of us cannot handle a little bit here and there, we end up slowly spinning down the drain. You can be free from that conflict of not being who you are meant to be.

K9, I hope you get well soon!
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, Nesters!
                        Shep, glad you found us! Read and post! Also, check out the Tool Box, link is below, it is full of tips to help you get started. This place got me sober and has kept me that way!
                        As NoSugar so aptly pointed out this morning, participation is the key here. This is a hands on experience not a spectator sport! You have a whole support system here to bounce things off....we are here to help!
                        Hope everyone has a safe night in the nest! Strap in! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shep, this is the place to be to get the help you need to change your life for the better. My advice is to read the various stories from other members, you are not alone in wanting to free yourself from having AL in your life. You can make the changes, and we are here to help. The amazing people here in the newbie's nest are encouraging and have been instrumental in my quest for an AF life, and trust me it is a much better way to live.
                          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

All tucked in for the night, BYRDY, could you tug on my strap a little?

Ah.....nice and tight. :thanks:

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, newcomers and MWO members who I have known for the last (almost) 8 months. It has been a while since I have posted. I am sorry I do not post more.

It is summer and I have had some stink'n think'n. :yuk:The other day "dick head" :nutso: was suggesting that I maybe have some beers for the summer and then stop again in the fall. I know I am doing well because I instantly remembered.....I don't want "a" beer or "a" glass of wine. When I say "a" my brain pictures 3 or 4. It is like how I instantly convert celcius to Fahrenheit when someone says what the temperature is. Why one? If only one, why not none! If we could just drink one we wouldn't be posting and reading on this site. :ranger

I wear glasses. It would be like me saying I have decided not to wear glasses for the summer. I will start wearing them again in the fall. Anyone out there who is diabetic, could you say I will not be diabetic for the summer and go back to being a diabetic in the fall.

I just wanted to write my thoughts down to help me and maybe someone else at this time of year.

I can't tell all you new people enough how thankful I am of the My Way Out website..:thanks::thanks: Stick with it and know that you will fell better physically, mentally and emotionally. Will it be easy? No? Will you be ok overnight? No Will you feel like you are hung over for about 2 weeks? Yes. It is normal and inevitable. Your body is craving the poison you have been giving it. Can you do this? Absolutely! Post, drink water, eat and read on this site.

Thank you. That is all! :h

Nanette
                              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings, Nesters,

Best advice (to self as well as to fellow Nesters) is, as has been said, STAY CLOSE. I am now visualising the biggest, most ginormous roll of butt velcro, to remember to stick with the Nest! The words of the wise owls - Byrdie, Lavande, Tess2, NoSugar et al - are sooo good to read.
                                Byrdie, I looked into Amoryn, but it's a no-go for me as it contains St Johns Wort. St John's Wort is 'contraindicated' with my antidepressant meds.
                                However, I'm pleased to say I'm not gonna get more Valium. I just need to apply the same rules as I would for Al, and take things one minute at a time!
                                I better go as I'm at work!

Pleased to say I'm doing my best friends (plural!) :H

love, Steady
                                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X