X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

"The miracle is not to walk on water but on earth." Thich Nhat Hanh

Hello Nesters,

Special greetings to Any who have just flown into The Nest!! Settle in and get comfy. We hope that you will be staying with us for a good long while. There IS a way out of compulsive drinking; your broken wings and broken life can mend. The first step is to acknowledge that you have a problem with alcohol; the second step is to become a learner. If you read back through Newbies Nest you will find situations that you can relate to and solutions that are practical, if not always easy. If you are able to, try to write once a day (or more!!). Getting thoughts and feelings "down on paper" can be an important part of the healing process.

Warm greetings to my familiar Fellow Fledglings. I always enjoy reading your posts. I feel your struggles, admire your courage, cheer you on, rejoice in your successes, and learn new things every single day.

Nanette - It is so great to hear from you!! Your words are very wise. Thank you!! And I always love your colorful posts. :sun:

Pinecone - Nice
    to have you in The Nest this evening, too!! I delight in your company. :chick:

We huddle together in The Nest for the night because we are aware that alcohol is very, very clever and will tell us that we "need" a drink when we are tired or discouraged after a long day or bored or lonely. If a craving comes your way, read and post, and know that we are all together, supporting and loving each other on this amazing journey.

I believe the butt Velcro has already been passed. We always keep lots of it around should you need a little extra. We don't want anyone falling out!! Stay close and stay safe. Sweet dreams All. ~
    Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
    pointed the way
    with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1523583 wrote: Why one? If only one, why not none!
      Nanette
      Good to see you, Nanette

This short (easy to remember!) phrase gets straight to the heart of the matter and turns all the fruitless bargaining we do with ourselves upside down.

Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Not raining at the moment - yay but the excessive heat & humidity remain, oh well.

Hello & welcome Shep!
        Hope you have had a chance to read the MWO book. I started by downloading the .pdf from the Health store here on the site.

Nice to see you Nanette! You're doing a great job of redirecting your thinking

I have to get my 100 lb dog to the vet this morning for her yearly check up....always tons of fun :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lava good luck with your dog. Beagles are tough to take to the vet also. They bark at everything. With two beagles the vets office echos like crazy.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steady
            i hope you do alright. We fight the same fight everyday. I am glad you are hanging in there.
            Nan nice to meet you. I love the banana thing. Thanks for the wise words.
            Have a great af day all.
            Shep keep it up. One day at a time.:l
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to give a big shout out to jenniech on your 5 months of AF time!!!

CONGRATS! You are such a great support and inspiration on the nest, our June AF thread and everywhere else on the MWO. Thanks for all you do! :h

:groupluv:

:dancin:
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,well l'm on my vacation and alot of people are drinking at events,l'm totally okay that l'm not,lts much nicer not being hung over,l so am enjoying this vacation,yesterday l was very busy,tired at the end of the night but just went to bed so no thoughts of alcohol,happy alcohol free day all ,today is day88 for me ,lt's okay,wishing everyone success on there journey of sobriety!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters! Looks as if everyone is busy doing his/her best friends!
                  GREAT posts!!!
                  Nanners, so good to see you! I tell you, that is why I check in here and post at least once a day... I just can't afford to Dick Head to get any traction in my brain. I'm a simple sort, so it doesn't take long for stinkin thinkin to take root. I want to be reminded where ONE DRINK will get me. If I can help someone get out of alcohell, I will do it!
                  So good to see everyone!!! And while you are doing your best friend, remember to strap yourselves on Byrdie! :H:H:H
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon everyone (probably morning on your side of the world!) and a big welcome to you Shep - look forward to getting to know you.

Congrats Jenni on 5 months - that's awesome

BCP - you are so strong - I admire your resolve and strength of character - keep it rolling!!

K9 - so sorry about your foot. Have been trying to rack my brains about what you could do to fill your time over and above all of the other great suggestions - how about setting up a telephone sex hotline!! :H:H:H

Anyway - great to keep seeing so many new names here. To be honest I find the nest so fast moving I have a job keeping up - but even when I don't post I make sure I visit here at least once a day to read and digest the numerous comments which are keeping me on track and helping me to change my life.

Can't remember who posted it (so apologies) but someone recommended the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8[/video]]Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1 - YouTube - I've been doing this in my living room for 6 days now and can really feel a difference. Even had my 19 year old son and his girlfriend joining in yesterday!! My leg muscles have never screamed out loud before - but they are now :H

Happy AF Tuesday everyone!!
                    Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1523721 wrote: Lava good luck with your dog. Beagles are tough to take to the vet also. They bark at everything. With two beagles the vets office echos like crazy.

Love it, little beagle!! Funny!! Taking two Labs to the vet's office is to become the "meet and greet" party: everyone
                      (animals and humans) gets an eager Hello with the nudge of noses and big tails wagging in the wind. Life is a ton of fun when you're a Lab!! :dog::dog:

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1523744 wrote: Good Morning, Nesters! Looks as if everyone is busy doing his/her best friends!

...And while you are doing your best friend, remember to strap yourselves on Byrdie! :H:H:H
                        Can't stop laughing!!.... :funnypost:

The man pulling radishes
                        pointed the way
                        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters! I love seeing you all here!
                          Shep welcome to the nest. Read, post, drink water, eat all you need to. All you have to do right now is get through today. And you're not alone. We all want to help you.
                          Nanette nice to meet you and thanks for reminding us to be vigilant, that dick head isn't welcome here at all. So true if one, why not none? I love that.
                          K9 how goes it? Are you trying out some upper body exercises? Have you used stream tv? Lots of good shows free.
                          NS Lav Byrdie Tess snapdragon beagle steadfast pinecone halo hey guys always a pleasure!
                          bcp you rock, who would have thought a year ago that you can enjoy an AF vacation! All that temptation and you're staying on track.
                          I can't see farther and my memory is shot. If I missed you please don't hate me. I am in awe of you all. Each of us in our own way has met our demons head on and stood our ground. We are strong. We are free. I am starting to sound like Helen Reddy here so I'll just go and (here it comes, can't help it) do my best friend.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

My evil twin

Hi all!
                            Hope everyone is having a great AF Tuesday.
                            Today is day 9 for me; its the longest Ive ever been AF and although I feel abnormally tired, I cant help but think about good it feels to be "drama free" at the moment.
                            Typically, by now, I would be dealing with the repercussions of my embarrassing drunken outbursts. You see when I would drink at home alone, my evil twin would come out. She was nasty, pissed off at the world and wasnt afraid to call people up and let them have it. And on top of that, the sneaky b*tch would delete the calls/text messages made from my smartphone so if I had blacked out I wouldnt have the slightest recollection as to what happened. Hows that for crazy. Oh the horror.
                            Soooo, today is a good day not only because Im not hungover but I am also surprisingly at ease with myself.
                            Nanette - I love what you said, "Why one? If only one, why not none!" will be using telling myself this during the weekend when faced with a few drinking situations.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm so proud of you LostSoul!! Hang in there...there's some real magic ahead! Once I hit Day 13, something clicked in my head and I knew this was something I could do! I had fallen twice before at Day 12! I was just inches from it, and fell. But stay on the rope, just like that crazy Nik Wolenda just did over the Grand Canyon! You won't be sorry!!! You are doing great! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hummm....I just read that my city was just named the 10th most drunken city in America! You'd think since I was out of the mix our numbers would be better than that!! Hilo, HI was #1....we seldom have folks from Hawaii here on MWO. Interesting, and sad! B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X