Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Right on Snap!

When I catch myself in a mirror when out and about somewhere, i'm a bit pleasantly surprised. Shiny hair, great skin, trim and toned, a sparkle in the eye and a spring in me step. Still a bit dopey, but looking goooooood G man! haha. And it's free.

xpost. Hi Lav!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Let's face it people, with each day sober, we are getting more and more beautiful........
      We are HOT STUFF:H
      I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes we are all looking Good!!
        Happy 60 days to Me.
        Off to work. Will check in later. Love you all!:dog::dog:
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK - take a cold shower everyone!! what with all this talk about how good looking we all are and ice-cream romps in bed, I'm getting quite hot under the collar. Good job you're on the other side of the world G Man - you are soooo hot now you wouldn't be safe with all of these rampant MWO ladies!! :H:H:H
          Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK everyone, cool down now :H :H

Congrats on 60 AF days little beagle
            G, your following is growing - look out :H
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

You guys are funny, makes me giggle in the morning.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've gained weight since I quit. Still over eating to compensate. Like it's a reward. I really need to get back on track. Pisses me off.
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

little beagle;1524639 wrote: Yes we are all looking Good!!
                  Happy 60 days to Me.
                  Off to work. Will check in later. Love you all!:dog::dog:
                  Ditto! Happy Day 60 here too!
                  AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little Beagle and Steadfast 60 days woot

60 days wow you must be feeling fabulous! Congratulations little beagle and steadfast!
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dry July

Thanks, 3rd June! Re. the weight thing, i think the body goes through an adjustment phase when you do something radical (like give up Al!) Maybe drink lots of water. Up until recently i had been drinking loads of fruit juices and other sugary drinks of an evening, and they bloated me up like beer! So i'm doing water now. Best wishes to you

Thanks for the supportive comments Nesters, am feeling a lot better today than yesterday.

Today i signed on to a charity fundraiser (It's called "Dry July"), and people are sponsoring me to stay "dry" for the 31 days. Money raised goes to support people living with cancer. Which makes me feel very happy! A good way to stay on track!

Glad i'm off the valium too. Getting used to feeling "raw", and working on tranquility. (Thanks for the relaxation tips, G Man.)

Lots of posts to read this evening, all very affirming; thanks everyone!

Time for bed, STAY STRONG,
                      Steady
                      :h
                      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Need good vibes,

I am a little over 36 hours since my last drink. got DUI on tues. So absolutely scary, cried for hours.

Still nervous and shaky, mind is trying to clear up, still weak. I need your help, I have had my LAST drink, but so still fearful. Please tell me the worst of the WD are over. HR is fine not pounding or racing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, JDG

You've had some AF days - you know how to do it. This DUI can be the thing that inspires you to make this quit be the one that sticks. NO MORE DAY ONES!

Please stay close -- don't take off time from MWO! Everyday and if you can, more than once a day, come here and read and post.

If you are tempted to drink, come here instead!

You CAN live an AF life.

I'm so sorry you got the DUI - please let it be the 'bottom' that turns this around for you so you can live the full and happy live you deserve.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG sending you determination vibes. That's what you need now. Determination. You are nervous and shaky, you will get headaches, you will cry, but day after day of being AF will make your head clearer. Take it hour by hour or day by day if you need to. Try to calm down and keep talking to supportive people (here or elsewhere). You can't change your past, only you can change your future. It's time.
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1524689 wrote: Need good vibes,

I am a little over 36 hours since my last drink. got DUI on tues. So absolutely scary, cried for hours.

Still nervous and shaky, mind is trying to clear up, still weak. I need your help, I have had my LAST drink, but so still fearful. Please tell me the worst of the WD are over. HR is fine not pounding or racing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
                              JDG
                              Dear frightened JDG,

You HAVE had your last drink. My advice is: 1) Love yourself. 2) Make a plan, sweet girl. See the toolbox for help. 3) Stay close to The Nest.

Honest to God, JDG, many here have gone before you. We know the hell of alcoholism. Some have had DUIs and the rest of us got lucky.

Make a plan and stick with it. Alcohol is out to destroy you and all of us. But we are not going to let it do that. Hell No!! Love yourself, Make a plan, Stay close to The Nest.

Rest, whenever you have the opportunity. Pamper yourself a bit, if possible. Seek professional help if needed.

You are much loved. ~
                              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                              pointed the way
                              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi my sweet JDG :l

I believe this is a curl up with the dog and the iPad moment. Lots of pillows on the bed and some candles....long hot shower...an old movie on the tube...lots of water...lots of water...lots of water...

A few aspirin thrown in there and big hugs from us here:l:l
                                I've been there....it was a while ago but I remember the compete disembodied, no frickin way did that just happen TO ME feeling which went on for a time. I didn't have MWO or anyone at that point and it sucked, to say the least.

You have ALL of us here. We are all holding your hand and surrounding you. :groupluv:

Trite but True!
                                I'll check back later. Matt broke his wrist and I have to go down to his Pediatrician to check it all out. long ER last Saturday ...thankfully daddy got THAT duty!
                                On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                                *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Working...
                                X