Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

thank you all for your well wishes.

it is kind of like mama said this WILL be what is going to scare me straight for good.

I am doing ok mentally better, physically getting there still kind of shaky from time to time. Just waiting on bed time for long hot bath, good meal, and sleep.

Praying for a great day tomorrow, its my birthday. What a present to myself?!?!?
    love to all
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steady good luck with the dry July thing. I am cheering you on. Jdgirl you can do it this time. Turn that dui into the best thing that ever happened to you. Quit once and for all time. We are all on your side. I was feeling just like you are 60 days ago. Lost and alone. Scared out of my mind. If I can do this you can. :l
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well...back home at last! Thanks everyone for the good traveling vibes. I was thinking last night as I was pulling into my hotel in the pouring rain, back in the day I'd have had to ride around finding a liquor store to make sure I had enough for the night. Hotels used to be my free pass to drink!! That seems like a lifetime ago, I just shake my head. This is what gives me so much hope for the rest of the nesters. I am stubborn and thickheaded...so if I can finally get it, I know you can, too!

JDG, may I be the first to wish you a wonderful ReBirthday! (as Kuya says). May this be your last Day 1 and your last sets of shakes and sweats! A new life awaits!

For your information, I snore no more. :H That is another benefit from being AF!! I had a rhyme about that somewhere a week or so ago! Don't make me go find it!!!

Allan! 300 Days??? That means Kuya has 300 days too! That entitles you to the OLD TIMERS AWARD!!!

:gramps:

GREAT job!!!
        3June!!! I actually gained 3 pounds the first 4 weeks...I was really bummed because everyone else kept talking about losing weight. After that I went on to lose that and 13 more, so it will happen! I was using M&M's and cookies as a pacifier, so that could have been a small part of the problem (ya think??) I was eating everything that didn't move around.
        Lil Beagle! 60 Days is HUGE in our world! I'm so proud of you That earns you 2 hats around here!!

:day5::day5:

Welcome Sake!

I will read more closely now that I'm back and have some time....remember the only way to conquer this beast is to cut off its food supply! Like a stray cat, if you feed it, it's yours! Have a great day, everyone!! XO, Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone here. Maybe i should be here to keep a daily contact. Im an old hat frm mwo but been away for a few yrs..nothings changed can u believe. Still a drinker trying hard to stop. I just wanted to say hi..thanks. bella xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Bella!

I'm glad you came to the nest! Having your own thread can be good but there is power in a group like this. Also, odds are better you will get a response pretty quickly.

Welcome! NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi B,

glad you are back home. I remember the days when buying alcohol for the night was a major decision. Buy too little and you risk running out and then spend an hour trying to find an off licence store that is open at 1 am to get more booze. Buy too much and you risk having a surplus which means the following night it will have to be consumed and more.

I remember buying enough cigarettes and alcohol to last me a night and some. Then in the morning I would throw away anything that was not consumed the night before in an attempt to stop a repeat. If I had even one beer in my fridge it would lead to 2,3,4... However, I often had the willpower not to drink if there was no alcohol in the house.

How stupid?

Allan
              AF since 1st Sep 2012
              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bella;1524825 wrote: Hi everyone here. Maybe i should be here to keep a daily contact. Im an old hat frm mwo but been away for a few yrs..nothings changed can u believe. Still a drinker trying hard to stop. I just wanted to say hi..thanks. bella xxx
                Hi Bella,

glad you dropped in. I tried to stop every Saturday morning for many many years. However, it was not until I came here and started sharing my thought with people on MWO that it stuck and I am now 300 days into sobriety. It is so hard to find someone in everyday life to understand hat you are going through. I wish it was as easy as finding a running buddy but its not.

Allan
                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Snapdragon;1524641 wrote: OK - take a cold shower everyone!! what with all this talk about how good looking we all are and ice-cream romps in bed, I'm getting quite hot under the collar. Good job you're on the other side of the world G Man - you are soooo hot now you wouldn't be safe with all of these rampant MWO ladies!! :H:H:H
                  :H

Congratulations Little Beagle and Steady on 60 days AF!

That is just sensational. Bravo and keep it going!

Hang in there everyone and think positive. Good to see you Bella. Keep checking in mate.

Congratulations Allan and Kuya on 300 days!

H JD! Thinking of you. Push through friend.

Day 47 here. Looking gooood, and feeling great. Bring.it.on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Allan! Traveling is about 1000 times easier now than it used to be. What a SLAVE to AL I was. Just exhausting.

Bella, it's almost as simple as making a decision. I see you've been at this a while....there just comes a time when we say NO MORE. I hope you are at this point. One drink is NOT going to help us will only lead to the next one and the next. You just have to break that cycle of giving in. Dig your heels in and do NOT give in no matter what and no matter who. Each and every one of us has to do this in order to get this addiction into remission for good. Let this be your last Day 1! We are right beside you!

Tess, thank you so much for your warm interpretation of the nest!!! I like that! I'm glad to be home, too!! I don't like not being able to check in throughout the day. But notice that I did check in and post at least once! In this day and age, it is almost impossible to be unconnected to a website...unless you choose to. When we are out and about is when the danger is highest, so don't risk it! Stay connected! I hope everyone knows you can keep track of new messages here with email alerts to your personal email. You can set it up to automatically let you know when there is a response to a thread you've posted to. I like that feature.

Have a cozy night in the nest everyone!!! Hugs to all who make this such a special place! XXOO, Byrdie
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone
                      weather dosn't know what to do here rain or sunshine
                      Good for you steadfast .....july af fundraiser
                      Jd you can do ....thinking of you .....nothing good was ever easy
                      Hey all you on day 60 ....way to go ......keep it up

Comment

Newbies Nest

well, it's been an interesting 10 days or so of tapering. couple of slips along the way, but today was the first day of no uncontrollable shaking/sweating/anxiety without drinking. HR/BP down to something sensible too. still a bit wobbly, but feeling vastly better. one more day left on the taper plan, but should be AF by saturday

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Some-D, I think being AF will be a blessed relief. I just got sick of fighting it every day....day in, day out. You are going to do GREAT! Glad to hear from you! Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Tess,June, and g-man for your posts. It means a lot. Anyways doing well other than blowing up my lawnmower today. Reading posts daily, keeping me going. Still trying to work this damn new phone

Comment

Newbies Nest

End of a very long day here - just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!
                              Tomorrow is Friday so let's get those plans in order

JDG, sorry about the DUI but I would accept it as a great gift. No more BS-ing yourself, you need to stop drinking & be grateful no one was hurt.

Allan & kuya, awesome on your 300 AF days :yay:

Hello to everyone & best wishes for continued success!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesties - bright and early here for me!!

I'm off on my hols for a week (yippee) and looking forward to some much needed SUN (that's a big round yellow thing that hangs in the sky - haven't seen one here in the UK for a while!!)

Will have no access to internet apart from my trusty old Blackberry - so just wanted to check in and say hi before I go. Will miss you all - particularly my lovely Brydie and Lav with your infinite support and wisdom (thank you both!! :l )

To all of my positive, strong friends here (and apologies if I miss anyone) 3 June, Tess, Jenni, G Man, Little Beagle, Steadfast, No Sugar and BCP - keep racking up the days and look forward to catching up with you all in a week.

JDG, Shep and Bella - stay strong and keep close to the nest - you have an awesome alcohol free live just ahead of you, so grab it while you can.

Allan - can you look after my umbrella until I get back please!! :H

Love and hugs to you all. Snap xxx
                                Never put off to tomorrow what you can achieve today!

Comment

Working...
                                X