Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi folks. Thanx for making me so welcome. Happy friday to u. Its so nice to be able to come here and say hi without having to write a post. I hope everyone is ok today. Ive been busy actually..not been painting much lately but my sewing is really taking off..making bags outta old shrunken jumpers..theyr cool. Its been a struggle being strong and i slipped last nite but didnt drink to excess..only three drinks then i made myself eat dinner..after that it was plain sailing coz i was full! Anyway...thats me..lots a luv. B xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

It is so easy to forget! That is one advantage of hanging around in the nest - daily reminders of how fragile sobriety can be. This is not because we are weak and worthless but because addiction is so strong. Once our biochemistry has been changed by a chemical, it requires a great deal of attention and commitment to stay on track. Keep close everyone! :h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

I so want it to change.........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Listening Db if u want to talk. B xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Bella. I just have that antsy, can't sleep, don't want to be awake, guilt laden, physically sick, heartsick Day 1. So, I will continue to breath, and put one foot in front of the other and pray that I never forget this day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Easy to say but try and relax..dont worry about sleep jst rest yr eyes..drink lots and be kind on yrself..go on. Xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

There are 2 full bottles of gin in the freezer ( I can't ask my partner to quit),he doesn't need to drink to the point of inebriation.
                I will sit down with him this evening and let him know once again that me and booze can no longer be friends...for good.
                So to take my mind of the bottles I have, cleaned out the fridge, scrubbed the tiles in the en suite, and cleared out 2 bathroom cabinets.
                I feel a little bit proud of myself, as by now I would allow myself to sit down with a glass that would end up a full bottle by the end of the evening.
                One hour a time at the moment..

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caz..well done you! Bet yr house is spotless..good distraction and feel good making. Xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Caz! Sounds like you are doing great!
                    If your partner doesn't have an AL problem, then asking him to put those bottles of gin out of your space shouldn't be a big deal to him. Those bottles will grow heads and start to speak in tongues by the end of the day otherwise. He could take them out and put them in a place for himself, that way, you aren't asking him to stop drinking, just to get it out of your space right now. Like I say, to a normal drinker, this isn't a big deal. (remember, they can take it or leave it.....we can't). This is one of those things that's like #1 or #2 on the list of how to succeed....in fact, I think it is #1. Over the years I have seen this derail more people than I can count....myself included. I thought I needed a safety net...better yet, I thought I could handle it being there. Wrong on both counts.
                    Cleaning is a good thing! Keep yourself occupied and your belly full!!! Great job!! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caz, awesome job keeping busy! Im sure your partner will appreciate the tidiness. And best of luck with your conversation with him. For me, having alcohol in the house is not a good idea, especially in the beginning stages. Its like leaving a heroin in an addicts possession....its just unnecessarily unbearable. As Byrdie said, hopefully, your partner will want to help you out by putting the alcohol in his own space so you will be less tempted. If you are anything like me, the sheer concept of knowing there is AL within arms reach becomes a ticking time bomb. Thats how I was unable to stay sober for so long...it was because i was living with people who didnt know the extent of my problem until I drained the communal bar completely, on several occasions. Opps
                      Let us know how the convo goes. Best of luck!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone - I just wanted to send a huge THANK YOU! For everyone that responded. Really good stuff!! 4 days under my belt. Can't remember the last time I went 4 days without drinking! Anyway; I'm going to a pool party today but I should be fine...never been one fond of drinking in the hot mid day sun. And I'm driving so I think I'll be just fine!

My husband on the other hand!! He's not a drinker he's one of those annoying people that can have 2 drinks and walk away! LOL! So he mentioned having a bon fire tonight and I said, maybe...been pretty tired lately (he knows I've quit). And I'm not drinking so don't know how much I'll be into it. So he says "Oh, you can have wine though, right??" UGH!!! He thought I was just quitting vodka. I said "Don't you think I would have been drinking wine this whole week if this were the case?"

Anyway - It's like...he just doesn't get it. I don't think your liver really cares what kind of alcohol it's processing. I mean hard liquor might be a little harder but that's beside the point. I told him that my tests say I'm heading towards cirrhosis and that no alcohol is the only way to go. His answer was "Oh"!

Men! LOL! Just kidding to the men out here! I'm just saying, some people just don't get it.

Thanks to everyone, I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone out here!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

You sound great, Sake!

It is ok that your husband doesn't fully understand as long as he supports you. You can come here when you need to communicate with people who know where you're coming from .

You are definitely right that you have to quit drinking any kind of alcohol. They are all toxic and for most of us, one leads to many more anyway.

I hope the pool party was fun and if you had it, the bonfire. In many ways, I've had more fun since becoming AF because I'm not so aware of myself and trying to "act normally". I AM NORMAL :H !

If anyone comes here looking for some company or answers and it is quiet, just pick a page from an earlier time in the Nest. The characters change but, good or bad, the plot stays about the same... You'll almost always find something there that speaks to you and helps you stay on this great path you've chosen.

Stay strong!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sake, that is such good news on your 4 days!! Your story made me chuckle...I told myself that I didn't have a wine problem, so I switched from vodka to wine and the next thing you know I'm in my closet chugging wine out of the box!!! Lesson One...AL is AL. Wine is just Vodka with better PR people! :H:H:H
                            I'm so happy for you! 4 days in our world is HUGE! Go YOU! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new:I am new, if i can make it to 30 days I will be shocked. I do not drink everyday, but when i drink I will keep drinking until I black out. I dont know how my husband can even stand it. I am a typical Soccer Mom, PTA, Team Mom, Room Mom you name it. From the outside I appear to have it all together but inside I am struggling almost daily with this craving. I hate it. I hate that something has control over me. I want to win this battle. I need some tips... This is a very difficult cycle to break.
                              My kids are starting to notice and have made comments about me being drunk and detest myself for letting that happen. My daughter is entering her teen years and I so not want to be a bad influence.
                              Is there a tracker on this site where you log in daily so you have accountability?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Your story is mine Sparkles. I hate this life. I too need some accountability. I want 7 days, then I'll think about 30. I really screwed up yesterday. The whole day was a blur! But right now, I just want to survive today. Tomorrow will be better. The shakes should be cleared up and my nausea, guilt and all that goes with this wonderful way of life, should be subsiding. I have to hang on to how I feel today, cause if I can remember, what sane person would choose this?

Comment

Working...
                                X