Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sake123, Sparkles and Caz22! Keep on posting and sharing, we are here to help. Making sure that you stay on an AF track, especially during these early days, means strapping yourself to a safe haven (the nest of course!) with those who are on the same quest as you, the desire to live a better life. You deserve it!
    On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dogwood Blossom;1525153 wrote: Thank you Bella. I just have that antsy, can't sleep, don't want to be awake, guilt laden, physically sick, heartsick Day 1. So, I will continue to breath, and put one foot in front of the other and pray that I never forget this day.

Dogwood Blossom

Dont know if you have attempted to be sober before, but Day 1 is the worst it will ever be. The first few days arent always the greatest BUT knowing your are going to feel better very quickly is enough to keep on track. All you have to think about 'do I ever want to go through this awful feeling again?' The minute you fall off the wagon, you will have to restart the painful process. Making it this far, is getting you that much closer to living the fulfilling life you can and will deserve. We are here for you! :h:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

DB - type, YOU DO DESERVE IT!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters! Wow lots of new faces! Welcome! Looks like the "seniors" lol have been in to see you're all tucked in, good! Lots of good advice. I am on day 26 so fairly new here too, but I can say that after that first week the time flew by. I actually have nights now when I don't give AL a moment's thought. I remember reading someone else saying that a few weeks back and thinking really? Yes, really! In the beginning it is so all consuming, but little by little AL has had less and less presence in my mind. Congratulations on taking the first brave steps. You will never regret it!
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning all

day1, here I come ...

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

some-dumbass;1525456 wrote: morning all

day1, here I come ...

SD
              Dear some-dumbass,

Really love the name because it describes me during my "drinking career" perfectly.

Okay, Day 1. It's easy to get caught up in the physical and emotional discomfort of life without alcohol. For many of us, alcohol was our constant companion before we became desperate enough to quit. I encourage you to realize the miracle that your body and mind are. Given half a chance, you will heal rather quickly. As much as possible, set your mind and your heart on all of the good things that life has in store for you as a healthy and sober person.

If any of us lived in a country, say, where we were forced by the government to consume copius amounts of alcohol to the point that we were destroying our health and our lives, there would be outrage and a fight for freedom. It would be unthinkable that we be required to ingest poison on a regular basis. And yet, that is exactly what we do to ourselves!!

So SD, try not to focus on the negative. See yourself as a newly freed person walking out of prison. Yes, there will be some adjustments. But hell, you are choosing freedom over imprisonment to alcohol. And it only gets better.

Stay close to The Nest. Let us know how we can help you in your new life. We are very proud of you!! :goodjob:
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD, Welcome! You have made it to the right place.
                The best advise I can give is what others asked me to do, stay on MWO as much as you need to and do your best to actively engage, read and post. There are tons of fantastic people here that have your back. We are all in this together!!
                And as the days add up will you start to notice what I like to call "little miracles"-- subtle shifts for that lead to radical change and unlimited happiness

:sun::sun::sun::sun::sun:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Glad to wake up refreshed & see the nest buzzing with activity

Hello & welcome SD!
                  Make this your very last day 1, you won't be sorry

I hope everyone has a terrific AF Saturday. Enjoy the benefits of a clear head & a heart with no regrets

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am past 2 weeks, and even though each minute is tough, for me the Day 1 is tough because of feeling sick, sweatty, jittery, etc...but it's easy in a way because I feel horrible and vow to not feel like this again.

When I run into trouble is when, like now, I feel great, color is back in my lips, no headaches, sweats, jitters, etc...

The last 2 days were a real struggle to stay away from the bottle stores. Day before yesterday I just stayed home, and yesterday I spent the money on a couple of blouses and cooking gadgets instead of creepy AL. Then took a long nap in the afternoon and went to bed early. I think I'll stay home today - and tomorrow will be OK.

Nice to see the Newest Newbies getting their questions answered. This IS a great place for support and companionship.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sake great job at the pool party. I know it's really hard to be around people drinking al, but reminding ourselves that it is a choice really does help:applaud:
                      some-d, db, lost, and everyone hope you have a great af day.
                      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters! Great to see everyone!
                        A short period of discomfort is a small price to pay for the freedom that Tess is speaking of! Freedom from the GSR Brothers...(Guilt/Shame/Remorse), restored self esteem, and HOPE!! MindPeace is something that money can't buy...and booze can't give you. Do whatever it takes to get thru this day AF...that's all you have to do! The rest will fall into place. Have a wonderful, AF day!!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters! It's the weekend and we all know that summer weekends bring challenges. I have another family function and this one is with the hard core drinkers. Last year I was so wasted that when my husband got a call to go home ( a two hour drive) and help his parents one of whom had fallen I couldn't go with him. I was too drunk. I couldn't see his parents in that condition nor did I want to stop drinking. What an asshole. But I won't beat myself up, I only bring it up to contrast this year. I plan to make an AF sangria (I bought this cool drink fountain thingy, if I could ever work out how to post pics I will). I will go for walks, swim in the river, play with my 2 yr old nephew and hang with the non drinkers. I already announced to my family that I am AF and I think they will respect that. After this weekend I will be a month AF so no way will I be starting over!

SD day one could involve a lot of reactions, physical and mental. Your moods may swing. We are here so keep posting and keep determined.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day Two , Here I come.

I am grabbing this day by the short and curlies.

I have decided that some friends have to be whittled out of my life for the time being.
                            This is my journey and I cannot be derailed ( I am considered the ' fun ' one due to my past excessive drinking ), well I am no longer going to be the party girl,this is my life and I do not perform to the beat of AF.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Caz 22 that's the way. Do what ever it takes. I stayed away from restaurants and bars for the first two weeks. Eat if you need to. Stay in bed if you want to. Staying AF can be all consuming in the beginning but it's worth it!
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry last part of that sentence should be, I do not dance to the beat of AL ( anymore ).

Comment

Working...
                                X