Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good job shep. keep it up. have a great alcohol free sunday everybody.
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cynical, mean people at work, spouse who forgets wedding anniversay, kids who scream " I don' love you." , family members who remarry and write off their own ... Really need a reminder why I started on this AF path right now, please......
      On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Halo,

You started on the AF journey for yourself. We cannot change anyone else. We can only change ourselves. You deserve a healthy and sober life!!

Stay strong. It is totally worth it!! :l
        Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
        pointed the way
        with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1526311 wrote: Cynical, mean people at work, spouse who forgets wedding anniversay, kids who scream " I don' love you." , family members who remarry and write off their own ... Really need a reminder why I started on this AF path right now, please......
          Halo, because drinking will not erase the problems, it will just make everything worse and weaken your ability to face them. Think about how you will feel intoxicated and all the repercussions you will have to face hungover, anxiety-ridden, guilty, tired, cloudy and depressed when dealing with cynical, mean people at work, spouse who forgets wedding anniversay, kids who scream " I don' love you." , family members who remarry and write off their own...You CAN do this!

Sending you strength and prayers. Remember this too shall pass. :heart

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo , Tess is so so right, you cannot change the behavior of people around you.You started this journey for YOU and you would feel weak and depressed if you picked up a glass or bottle.

Stay strong, and rise above all situations with the knowledge of how well you are doing and the support from people who really don't personally know you, but we are all in the same nest fighting the same fight..we have your back.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Tess, Lost Soul and Caz 22, all of your comments are right and I do know it to be true. When the stress mounts sometimes you need those reminders from someone other than yourself. Thanks for picking me up when I'm feeling down, am still AF and will continue to chart this course because I need to FOR ME. You are the best :l
              On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo....FAMILY will drive you NUTS!!!! It's just a fact! Let me go find the @#$%$^& thread so you can get out all your frustrations without undoing your good work here. Don't let the bastards (even if they are family) get you down!!! They will DRAG you right down in the mud!!! Then they go off on their merry way and we are left to pick up the pieces!!!

My family is crazy!!! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just Watched a documentary about heroin addiction. It scared the pants off me. As bad as alcoholism is, thank goodness alcohol and drug addictions rarely co-exist.

Allan
                  AF since 1st Sep 2012
                  NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

just noticed your day count. OMG you blow everyone out of the water. You gotta plan a 1,000 day party.

AK
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1526365 wrote: Halo....FAMILY will drive you NUTS!!!! It's just a fact! Let me go find the @#$%$^& thread so you can get out all your frustrations without undoing your good work here. Don't let the bastards (even if they are family) get you down!!! They will DRAG you right down in the mud!!! Then they go off on their merry way and we are left to pick up the pieces!!!

Gosh, Byrdie, my family is the picture of mental health... NOT

So... I'm heading over to the @#$%^& thread to let off a little steam!! :H:H

Big congrats on your long-term sobriety. You offer up hope to the rest of us. Thanks!!
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nester's near and not so far,

Welcome Socrates!

Hang in there Halo. This feeling too shall pass.

Great stuff JD, and y'all racking up the AF days.

Day 50. Bring it on!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

still here july starting af

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks yall! Yes, 1000 days are in sight! I'll have to figure out when that falls!

Stay strong this coming week, everyone. I promise it gets easier...there will be a day where AL doesn't matter at all to you. Never thought I'd be able to say that. Mind you, I respect it like I do a rattlesnake, but I don't long for it at all. Hang in there!! It's a great place to be! Have a safe and cozy night in the nest! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1526365 wrote: Halo....FAMILY will drive you NUTS!!!! It's just a fact! Let me go find the @#$%$^& thread so you can get out all your frustrations without undoing your good work here. Don't let the bastards (even if they are family) get you down!!! They will DRAG you right down in the mud!!! Then they go off on their merry way and we are left to pick up the pieces!!!

Byrdie you are just what we all need, so grateful, your post is so true and made me laugh to boot! :H

Hitting those rough patches is so hard but this place is so true and helpful, I guess that's why they say to achieve success, stay close to the nest.

:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

No one has a family crazier than mine :H
                                I accepted I can't do a damn thing about them but I can change my response to them - basically I just ignore them all - works perfectly :H:H

Hang in there halo! Be strong for yourself!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe night in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X