Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Fellow nesters,
    Its a boozy long weekend here in canada. Been struggling a bit, too much too soon. Tomorrow is day 15 and more holiday festivities. I think I need to lock myself at home and let the storm pass All cuddled up on the couch tonight with my camomile tea, puppy and computer. :heart::heart::heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

witts end;1526543 wrote: still here july starting af
      You go, girl! Proud of all your success! Hope you are having a great weekend x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guitarista;1526492 wrote: Hi Nester's near and not so far,

Welcome Socrates!

Hang in there Halo. This feeling too shall pass.

Great stuff JD, and y'all racking up the AF days.

Day 50. Bring it on!
        Congrats G! Your posts make my day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm just checking in before I hit the hay. I went to my church this morning on my Day 3 and it was wonderful to not be hung over! Went to my parents this afternoon and again....Great not to be hung over!! I feel pretty good today. Had a few moments, but have felt pretty strong today! I know tough times are ahead, but I can only do anything about today; right now. Hope everyone has had a great AF day.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job DB...these days are rough and you are doing it! In this together :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

LostSoul33;1526575 wrote: Fellow nesters,
              Its a boozy long weekend here in canada. Been struggling a bit, too much too soon. Tomorrow is day 15 and more holiday festivities. I think I need to lock myself at home and let the storm pass All cuddled up on the couch tonight with my camomile tea, puppy and computer. :heart::heart::heart:
              Struggling is OK when you succeed - it makes you even stronger! The good news is, it gets easier with time and practice .

You seem to have a lot of holidays in Canada! Enjoy another AF celebration (of ???) !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo I know howyou feel. Frustrarion with my family is right up there on my stress list also. I hate being lied to. I never know what to believe anymore. Hang in there because You are what this is all about.
                Lost glad you are still with us. Hanging tough. Keep it up.
                Great job gman keep those days adding up.
                Thanks for the encouragement byrdie the nest really is grateful that you stick with us.
                Have a great af night all. :dog::dog:
                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night nesters! Celebrating Canada Day with the family. They're all hammered and I slinked off to bed. Earlier in the day I wanted to drink, but I had my plan in place (AF sangria) and as they got hammered I felt stronger and stronger. Had a really fun day until the really drunk drunks starting monopolizing the group. I can't handle watching my brother when he's that drunk. Never could even when I was drinking but it's way worse being sober and pretty much embarrassed by his behaviour. Please tell me I wasn't that obnoxious.

NS in Canada we have 10 STAT holidays. March June and November are the only months we don't have one!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

halo;1526311 wrote: Cynical, mean people at work, spouse who forgets wedding anniversay, kids who scream " I don' love you." , family members who remarry and write off their own ... Really need a reminder why I started on this AF path right now, please......
                    When we're down on ourselves, we put up with a lot of grief from others and then try to drink away the bad feelings.

Being angry about these things means you know you don't deserve to be treated this way. This probably doesn't seem like progress but in some ways, I think it is.

Stay as strong as you've been, Halo. You've regained your self-respect and that is the most important opinion of all .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I hope everyone survived the night! It's as soggy as can be here on the East coast - rain, rain & more rain I'm afraid
                      Very sad news about the loss of 19 young firefighters in Arizona last night. That hits very close to me as my son is a firefighter as well. My heart & prayers go out to all those families.

Wishing everyone a strong & AF Monday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm headed to work on Day 4. In some ways I am already feeling better, but feeling very tired and a little nauseated. I know it's early, but I can't wait to shake the fog. I didn't sleep well last night at all and when I did, had lots of weird dreams!

Anyway, I'm going to stay focused and I'm praying for us all today. Hope everyone has a great AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Lav! I haven't seen the news, will look, how very sad. Morning dogwood! Up and at em! Sleep will get better! Morning nesters have a great Canada Day stay strong!
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

slightly later than scheduled, but extended taper now completed & I'm day1'ing today

Comment

Newbies Nest

SD day one July 1 good start. Congratulations and stay connected!
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dogwood I'm glad you are still with us. Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.
                                Sd have a good day 1. We are here. Stay with it.
                                Everyone else have a great af day.
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X