Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1526605 wrote: Struggling is OK when you succeed - it makes you even stronger! The good news is, it gets easier with time and practice .

You seem to have a lot of holidays in Canada! Enjoy another AF celebration (of ???) !
    I love this. This week is filled with people around me drinking also - I am going to use each day as PRACTICE. Like a test. and there is only Pass and Fail. To Pass is a "pass to life". To Fail is to dig my own grave.

Here is to this week of PRACTICE. AF-reedom .... Let r ring!
    Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
    AF - July 31, 2013
    :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
      Well dh was napping and the puppy chewed up my new expensive pedometer..I am so mad...ggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I cant do anything around here without watching everyone's every move.....AND I am so tired from working at dads and had irregular heart rate thingy last night....I need a vacation..................and or a good cry.....
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1526622 wrote: When we're down on ourselves, we put up with a lot of grief from others and then try to drink away the bad feelings.

Being angry about these things means you know you don't deserve to be treated this way. This probably doesn't seem like progress but in some ways, I think it is.

Stay as strong as you've been, Halo. You've regained your self-respect and that is the most important opinion of all .
        No sugar, this is excellent insight, How many of us here have tried to drink away bad feelings????? How many of us here can say it worked??????????

Well it never, ever worked for me. And I will no longer even try, the amount of strength the nest provides has kept me on the AF course. No Sugar, thanks for all you do, :l
        On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much for both your encouraging words about fighting the good fight against the evil beast that alcohol always is for me. And thanks to you for your amazing kindness and compassion as well.
          Tess-2;1526781 wrote: Good Morning Nesters,

I am looking out at the ocean: so vast and powerful and beautiful. AND, low-and-behold, I am sober, so I am able to sit and look at the magnificent and fascinating wonder of it all.

Sweet peas, very much loved, please trust me when I say that life without "alcohol on the brain" is worth fighting for. FIGHT. Fight hard and give the fight all that you have. YOU CAN DO THIS.

I saw someone just two days ago so intoxicated that he fell flat, FALL FLAT, two times. On his second fall I ran to him. (I am someone who would run into a blazing fire to rescue a struggling soul). So... I ran to him. And what did he say to me? This is an exact quote: (exact) "Go to hell, fucking bitch." That, my dear Fellow Nesters, is the power of alcohol. I'm certain that he has no memory of the evening. What did I say to him? "I have fallen down drunk, too. I am here for YOU." And then he began to sob...

We don't really want to live that way, do we? No! Hell No!!

And we do not need to. We can choose sobriety. We CAN FIGHT for our very lives. And we do!!

Much love to All Nesters. ~
          :new::new::h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just wanted to say hello & welcome Readinglady & to those just back from a fall from the nest!
            Please, please, please take the time to write a plan for yourselves then commit yourselves to your sobriety. Nothing is more important, your sobriety has to be your #1 priority! You all can do this

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - buckle up!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lost Soul, I love the list of our peeps and a word for each. Thank you for your encouragement. I made it through the day pretty good. Once again there were a couple times when the decision to drink had already been made, and then I shook myself out of it and focused on what I really want. It's true, what I've read here, that if you resist that craving long enough, it will pass.

Tess, that is a nasty picture of ourselves. I have been there, and I imagine we all have to some degree. If we haven't, we can count on it, if we continue to drink. I've embarrassed and humiliated myself in so many ways!

OK. I'm going to try to sleep and hope it's better than last night. I pray for each of you to have a peaceful, restful, sleep filled, AF night. Good night Nesters! So glad you are all here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters - Happy Tuesday

I'm day2'ing today. no major dramas yesterday, was pleasantly surprised. just wish I could get some sleep - think I've managed about 6 hours in the last two days. oh well, I guess I should be grateful that's the worst of my worries

hope everyone has a great AF day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all. Happy tuesday. All ok here. Ive gone two days no drink and before that ive drunk no more than 3glasses in a session. For some odd reason i didnt want anymore after that. Got therapist tomorrow nite..getting anxious again. Ive got to get to grips with the idea of sitting infront of someone and talking normally without shielding my eyes frm him and looking at the carpet. I feel ok with him..hes nice but ive never spoken about personal things with a professional...got to stop these panic attacks!!! As it will only hinder any progression. Ah well...at least im doing something about this and no alcohol is really really helping. Thanks to all u kind folk out there. Bella xxxxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters!

Bella, I hope your talk with the therapist goes well. It takes time to develop a comfortable & trusting relationship with a therapist. Removing AL from your life will go along to help you achieve your goals

SD, glad to hear you moving along with your plan as well. I think just about everyone here missed out on sleep in the beginning but you will catch up!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday. Still dealing with flooding rains here on the east coast ~ not much fun.

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1527055 wrote: Good evening Nesters,

Just wanted to say hello & welcome Readinglady & to those just back from a fall from the nest!
                      Please, please, please take the time to write a plan for yourselves then commit yourselves to your sobriety. Nothing is more important, your sobriety has to be your #1 priority! You all can do this

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - buckle up!

Lav
                      Hi Lav,

Could you please explain the written plan? I didn't do this, might be a good way o keep myself on course?

Thanks!
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning! I have a headache this morning, not a hangover, I think it's sugar. Otherwise a wonderful feeling to wake up guilt free and on track. Fabulous weekend away with family. Frisbee tournament, road hockey, swim in the river, board games and guitar singalong at night. All AF. So yes I can have fun without AL! Who knew?
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters! About to hit the road again for an overnighter. It is much more pleasant these days when I don't have to plan everything around 5 o'clock...or 2:30 as the case may have been. (It was getting earlier). I will check in tonight as usual.
                          Readinglady, welcome!!! Settle in, jump in, you won't meet any strangers here! We know where you are living! So glad you found us.
                          Dot Belle, one day at a time...it's all we can do, right?
                          3J's, CONGRATULATIONS on 30 days!!!! I'm so proud of you I could pop!! GREAT job, Missus!!! We love acceptance speeches around here!
                          Hope everyone has a lovely, AF day!!! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday Morning Nesters,

Well as I sit here on day 7 again, I am really proud of myself. I think we should take time to be proud of ourselves one day at a time.

To all those who are new welcome, you have found a good place. Grab a twig and hang around a while.

To those who like myself have climbed back up after a fall, welcome back. This life is so worth living especially AF.

Have a great and sober Tuesday,
                            Love to all,
                            JDG
                            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job JD. It is so nice to wake up and not be hungover! Day 2 and thinking positive!
                              sounds like you had a wonderful weekend 3June keep it up. This holiday weekend will need to be full of plans. We have Friday off as well so 4 days of no work and no AL
                              DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

daily wine planning is the key for me. I looked up AF recipes for punch, sangria etc. I planned activities that didn't include AL. Then I told everyone out loud I don't drink any more. Presto it worked. You can do it too. You just need to really want AL out of your life. What good reason can you come up with for keeping AL around? What good reason(s) can you come up with for living without AL? I'm betting the second list is a good long one!
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X