Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

TESS-2, I am feeling really good and this is where I want to let creepy AL in. Musn't do that. I know. Can I have 2 pieces of velcro, please?

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Last Straw,

TRY to remember the misery of drinking. Read back over the posts of other Nesters who start drinking again AND THEN sincerely regret it. Our brains are very complex. It's going to take time to heal. Give yourself a chance. Cravings do not usually last longer than 30 minutes (in my experience). You will be SO HAPPY tomorrow morning if you choose to stay sober this evening. You can do it. I know that you can!! :happy:
      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
      pointed the way
      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is a really quick check-in. Am aware i haven't been to the nest in the last few days - really busy, both at work and then after work. But i can assure you i think of the nest, and more importantly, the people in it OFTEN. STAY STRONG EVERYONE. Will fly back in ASAP.

love,
        Steady
        :h
        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Here you go - please use all you need to stay safe in the nest :H :H

Have a safe night in the Nest one & all!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

well I slipped didn't do nothing bad didn't do anythingwrong but that's not the point the point is for me to stop drinking totally because I do stupid things when I drink to cocaine what not all I can do right now just got back today on and go from there you'll have some good post this week thanks for being there checking with you soon

Comment

Newbies Nest

LAV, lol lol lol Thanks - I realllllllly need that. LOL

-S- :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

My pleasure laststraw

shep - I'm not sure exactly what's going on with you
                Please stay in touch & be safe!
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hadit I am So glad to see you back.
                  Shep the important thing is to keep trying. We are here for you. Sobriety is a priceless gem. It really is worth the work to achieve it.
                  Steady so great to know my start day buddy is still with me.
                  Hope the weather improves for you Lav.
                  Have a great af night all. :dog::dog:
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

TESS-2 you are right on. thanks. I am tucked in, velcro on ankles and butt. Ya, misery from it (creepy AL) makes me not do it. just so difficult - a battle and, i am not a good battler.

I'm good. Thanks, Love.

-S-

Comment

Newbies Nest

30 Day AF Acceptance Speech

First I want to thank you all for being there. When you share your successes and your struggles you help me. I have learned so much here in MWO. I'll share a little of it now.

1. I learned that moderation isn't an option for me. One drink is seriously a joke in my mind. I can't remember the last time one drink did it for me. So now I live by the motto "if one, why not none?"

2. I found out that if I say it out loud (or write it here) it becomes more real. So I started by writing my deepest fears here and by telling my family and friends once I'd decided to quit. It keeps me accountable. They are mostly all supportive. It may have been difficult at times for them because it seems to make them think about their own drinking, but that's ok, maybe they need to. I already influenced my sister to quit, who knows how many others will be inspired.

3. I realized that being AF doesn't make me boring. In fact I am just as much fun. The drunks I used to drink with are sometimes boring to me though!

4. I now plan ahead for events that might trigger AL to sneak into my life. I looked up recipes for AF drinks. I connected with the non drinkers in my life, and hung on for dear life!

5. I read that we often substitute one addiction for another. Our bodies crave alcohol for a while when we quit, and sugar is a fast high. Once the physical urges wear off it is psychological. Now I'm working on my diet.

6. I understand that there is a direct co-relation between posting and staying AF. So you're not going to get rid of me too quickly. I want to help others the way I was helped. I want to share my experiences. I will stick around and I will contribute.

7. I like being a non drinker. It is so much simpler than all the negotiating I did when I was trying to moderate. I like waking up happy. I like going to bed consciously instead of passing out. I like being able to drive any time because I don't have to plan ahead in case I am drinking. I like that I had the strength to do this.

8. I know that 30 days AF is just the start. I know I can't let down my guard, I must stay vigilant. AL is a sneaky bastard who wants to convince me I need him. I will stay strong. I will stay AF. I'm in the process of writing down all the reasons I like being AF. I will refer to it when I am feeling vulnerable.

My typing hands are tired so I am going to post this now. I thank you all for your continued support. For you that are new, or are returning, keep posting, keep talking, keep reading.

:thankyou:
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS ON YOUR 30 days 3June ... I had goosebumps and tears reading this post. You captured my deepest longings in these thoughts ... and spur me onward!! You are SO right that together we are a stronger force. The honesty part too ... love that. Love the whole speech!!!!!! :goodjob:

HUGE thanks to you and what you contribute. I have a feeling we are going to be on this journey here together for a long time!!
                        Put your hands over your heart - and tell yourself that you are going to guard this essence of who you are with everything. Alcohol opens us up to darkness and depression instantly. You choose love today. Guard it by keeping the poison out of your body. It IS poison.

NF - May 2, 2013 (cig free Jan. 25, 2013)
                        AF - July 31, 2013
                        :lordhelpme:

Comment

Newbies Nest

congratulation 3J & thanks for all your support in this little corner of the forum

Comment

Newbies Nest

shep;1527537 wrote: well I slipped didn't do nothing bad didn't do anythingwrong but that's not the point the point is for me to stop drinking totally because I do stupid things when I drink to cocaine what not all I can do right now just got back today on and go from there you'll have some good post this week thanks for being there checking with you soon
                            shep, um, wtf? Haha no seriously though, are you ok? You're sounding pretty messed up. Hope you can come back soon and do some real talking!
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1527531 wrote: Good evening Nesters!

Here you go - please use all you need to stay safe in the nest :H :H

Have a safe night in the Nest one & all!
                              Lav
                              I love this Lav thanks we all need a little of that!
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

thelaststraw;1527474 wrote: HADIT So, what's going on with you? Can you talk about it?

-S-
                                thelaststraw, Thanks for asking. I took myself off the ab and that led me straight back to the bottle!! I have also some real family issues to deal with and that has not helped So here we go again.

Comment

Working...
                                X