• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

First of all CONGRATS 3JUNE!
    30 AF days makes such a huge difference physically & mentally :wd:
    I am very happy for you!

hadit, sorry to hear you made the decision to reintroduce AL into your life but glad to see you back here! Stay put, TTDP & let's see if we can help you find another way to deal with your family issues. We all have family stuff going on, that's just part of being human. I spent way too many years drinking AT my main issue, won't ever do that again.

Have to run for now, will check in later. Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!

Hadit we are all learning new ways to cope. There will always be crises in our lives. The key is to find a new way of rising to them. Yoga? Meditation? Exercise? Chocolate? Hot bath? Talking it out? Karate? Long walk? Cleaning? There are lots of ways to distract ourselves and maybe be productive at the same time! I'd suggest coming here when life is starting to feel like too much.

One thing we all know is AL won't make it better. It will make it worse.
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning,

Congrats 3June! a huge accomplishment. Be proud of yourself.

Lav, you are truly an inspiration.

Hadit glad you are back, I missed you.

Hello to anyone I missed.

My hubs and I have made a very hard decision. I am going to voluntary surrender my RN liscense for a year, and for me to work in the mean time.

I have not worked in over a year so the financial strain is enormous. It is a relief for now but also bittersweet. Its tough to lose something you work so hard to achieve.

Even with everything going on I WILL remain AF. This disease is what got me to this place in my life to begin with and I will NOT let it take anything else from me.

7 Days done, today is day 8, looking forward to 14 then 30 then 60 well you get the picture.

Sending strength, love, and courage to each and everyone of you.

Love to all
        JDG
        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG when you surrender your license can you get it back easily? Not sure of the process. Did you decide this to take some time off and work on yourself? Or you're going to work outside the home elsewhere? Congrats on getting through the first week. I think the first week is the toughest and now it's behind you!!
          :goodjob:
          Newbies Nest
          Toolbox
          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Nesters,

Today I take Mom to the hospital for surgery. Many of you know that she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer and is having a total mastectomy. She will probably come home from the hospital on Friday, and I will stay with her and Dad until she is able to take care of herself. My posting may be hit-and-miss for the next week or so, but you will know that I am thinking of you.

I feel so very proud of all of you as I read through this morning's posts. The support and information that you provide to each other is amazing. Way to go!! Congrats to all who are racking up AF days, weeks, months. You are giving yourselves such an incredible gift!! :bday1: Welcome back all who have been away for a bit. I admire the courage that it takes to get up, brush self off, and start over. Greetings to all who are new to The Nest. We are happy that you are here!! Every sober day is a fabulous day, no matter what else is happening.

Stay Strong, Nesters. YOU are totally worth it!! :rays:
            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks 3june. Yes I can get them back easier. I have decided to work outside the home because it is going to be about a year anyway before I can practice again. I just almost had them back and then got a DUI. I know stupid!

But anyway this feels right for me at this time.

Tess-2 will be praying for you and your family during this stressful time.

JDG

Comment

Newbies Nest

Has anyone seen, or heard from Kuya?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, sending out healing vibes for your mum. She will be good as new in no time. She's lucky to have you in her life, you're a good daughter.
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess sending prayers for your mom!
                    Congrats 3J!! I can't wait until I am there.
                    Thanks NS for the link again!
                    JD you are on a good path!
                    I know this holiday weekend will be a tough one. My troubled 16 year old got back fromm 3 weeks with his dad in Florida last night so I am fearful what trouble may come his way this weekend and that is a huge trigger for me. I need to remind myself I can't help him if I am drunk...
                    DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dw, make the choice NOT to drink!
                      Don't have any in the house, don't buy any more!
                      Show your son how strong you really are by being fully present for him.

JDG, I am a retired RN myself - there are several of us around MWO. We have talked about job stress & AL. I put 27 years in & had enough - funny I didn't even start on my problem drinking until after I left the profession. You know what you have to do now to get your license back. Congrats on your 7 AF days ~ keep going

Tess, all of us are thinking of you & your Mom today. Please let us know how things are going when you can.

Still raining here in PA June.....
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon, Nesters!
                        Glad to be back home! 2 days of driving in hard rain has my nerves frazzled. :alf:
                        I saw 3 accidents happen, and one was too close for comfort!! I nearly soiled my butt Velcro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        JDG, Kuya is having trouble logging in to the site. She is trying to work it out with the support staff, but it has been a couple weeks now. I miss her wisdom and insight so I hope she will be back sooner than later. I'll be happy to relay any message to her!
                        Tess, please keep us posted as best you can. We are all holding you close in our thoughts.
                        Don't let anything derail you this weekend! Celebrate Independence Day by maintaining yours from AL!!! We'll all be doing that, so you won't be alone!! Sober is the new drunk!!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

birdie,

just let her know we miss her and she is in our thoughts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, my thoughts go out to you and your mom. Such a difficult time for you, remember we are always here :h

Speaking of missing key people in the nest, Byrdie have you heard from K9??? How is her foot??

Congrats 3June2013 on your 30 days!!! You are doing awesome!
                            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG, I will let her know you are thinking of her!
                              Halo, I thought I saw a post from K9 yesterday, but I could have hallucinated it with all the rain driving....I will go FIND her! Bwahahah...she shoulda been along with the PEP Girl Squad today giving us our cheer!!

Hope everyone is gearing up for a Happy, Fun and SOBER 4th!! Remember, don't celebrate the 4th with a 5th!! :H
                              B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess, just wanted to send you a hug :l I've been super busy and just posting on my "accountability" thread. I try to read a bit, but haven't had time to do a lot of posting. Sending you positive vibes and healing ones to your mom.

Best to everyone in the nest too!!

K9, if you stop by, so sorry about your injury - that's gotta be so tough being stuck on the sofa. Hope all is well.

UN :lilheart:

Comment

Working...
                                X