Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mr. V., I'm sorry I can't answer your question about palpitations. Just wanted you to know that someone "hears" you question. Hopefully someone will come along soon who can answer - maybe Byrdie??? Anyway, I think it's typical to have palpitations, but I just don't know enough about it to be firm in advising you. Consider posting a thread under Just Starting Out with your question in the Title. Someone will find it there.

Best to you,
    UN

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr Vervill;1527970 wrote: Having heart palpitations as I taper, down to a drink or two after 8-10 per day. Normal? Does it pass? Don't really wan to see a Doc.
      I don't know how fast you've tapered down, but if you're getting palpitations, you might have tapered too quickly. there's a good thread on it here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...hol-34210.html

good luck & be safe

SD

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Independence day to those of us in the US ~ celebrate safely

Mr V, I know I experienced some palpitations myself but didn't last long. You really want to detox safely, please get medical help if the problem persists. You are almost free of AL, keep going.

Tess, I imagine your Mom will be receiving some chemo. Stay strong, we will be here for you!
        Your SIL is quite young, I hope she makes some major changes in her life.

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a great AF Thursday!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Tess-2;1528071][COLOR=Navy]
          Even life at its very best will have challenges. That is just simply that way it is. And none are spared. However, when we add excessive alcohol to life -- things go from challenging to downright unmanageable and terrible. Alcohol only makes things much worse.

How true :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr. V I had heart palpitations when I quit. It did go away after about a week. Just hang in there. If gets worse of course see the dr. Sometimes the anxiety will cause that for me. Some relaxation breathing usually returns everything to normal.
            Happy 4th everyone. Have a safe af day. I will check in later. Hubby and I are both working today to have rest of weekend off.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bella;1528073 wrote: Tess...xxxxxxxx

Bella...xxxxxxx :heart: (I just thought your Xs were so sweet, I had to join in!!)

Steady, Unwasted, Some-Dumbass, Lav, Lil' Beagle and ALL
              Nesters,

If you are celebrating Independence Day this weekend, guard your "quit" with your life. Alcohol is SO NOT WORTH the damage and despair it causes.

Lav - yes, Mom is probably looking at chemo. And yes, my SIL has yet her whole life before her. Sadly, she started drinking in her very early teens (as many do). My "drinking career" started in my 20s and I am mighty happy that it is over!!

I'm off to the hospital. Hugs all around!! :hug:
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr V are you feeling like it's getting better or worse? I worry that we aren't medical professionals so you really need to listen to your body and seek medical attention if necessary.
                Steady so glad to hear from you and wow 68 days AF good on you! It's a big learning curve isn't it? Who knew there was so much fun to be had without AL?
                Lav Happy Independence Day! Looks like your weather is heading up our way. Light rain today though, not so bad.Hope you'll be seeing the sun again soon!
                Hey there Tess, beagle, Bella, who have I missed? Hope your day is going good.

I was thinking about how I lurked on this site before I quit. I remember reading the posts about how happy all the AF people were and how scared I was that I couldn't do it. How I thought life without AL was impossible. I couldn't imagine a dinner out without wine, or a barbecue without beer. I was afraid of family functions. What would I do alone after work if I didn't drink? I found out it's no where near as scary once you actually get going. As the days turn into weeks and your body adapts the mind accepts. And life really does get bigger and better. Trust me. If you're reading this and thinking about it. Do it. We will help.
                Newbies Nest
                Toolbox
                My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning and Happy 4th everyone,

Not much going on today was hoping the sun would shine so I could enjoy my pool, but no such luck.

Have a sober and safe 4th.

Love to all,
                  JDG
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

June3, what a great post. I was like you, how could I face anything if no alcohol was available, so I didn't go or I made sure I had some with me and I didn't drive. Thank you for the reminder on how much harder it was to keep up the lie than it is to just face life and enjoy it.

Tess-2, my prayers and thoughts have been with you. I hope your SIL, finds the help she needs, but first she needs to admit to herself she has a problem and that only she can change it.

Mr. V~ I drank 16-30 beers daily and I tried to taper, it didn't work so I just quit. Probably not the smartest thing, but yes, I did get the sweats, the shakes and heart palp. I did tell my dr. after my many failed attempts and I had xanax to take which helped a little, but, again, he knew what was going on. Listen to LaVande and if it gets worse, seek medical attention. It does get better. Try to keep busy and before you know it, time passes.

Well, I'm still hugging the tree, sorry if I'm hogging up too much space with all this velcro all over the branch and my arms wrapped around this part of the trunk, but I need to make sure I don't fall out this time:l

Happy 4th of July and make it a sober one!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters! Just got back from our neighborhood 4th of July parade. I remember in years past, I'd have been drunk before I went (it's at 10 a.m.) and it was always so hot. People would comment about how much I was sweating... I am so glad to get out of those chains.
                      Tess, thank you for the update. I tell you, family is something else....it seems like in the midst of crisis there is always something else can happen! I used the coping skills for that situation that I learned right here in this nest....one day at a time. We are all thinking of you!

Mr. V, I felt flu like the first 2 weeks of my quit, and I have heard MANY say they have heart palpitations....I think it's a chicken and egg situation, you are anxious about quitting and that makes your heart race and when your heart races it makes you anxious! Treat yourself as if you are sick and relax and take care of yourself.

June, no truer words than yours....we let fear keep us from even attempting our goals. It is the fear of failing that keeps us from trying. If you are lurking out there and are afraid that you will not be able to live a happy life without AL, I would urge you to try it. Sometimes, you just gotta take a leap of faith from people who have gone before you. Life IS better...happiness IS possible! Being tied to a bottle is NO life. Like the old Alka Seltzer commercial used to say "try it you'll like it!!"
                      Have a happy, sober July 4th! XO, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - if you want me to post Rubi's pic for you, just give me the word. She looked real cute but not necessarily thrilled :H

BREAKING NEWS:
                        The rain has stopped, the sun is out but it's hot as hell
                        I shall do no more complaining!

Mr V, how are you doing now? Any better?

Tess, hope your Mom is doing well today & comfortable.

Greeting all!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy 4th July to all of our State side Nesters.

OK peeps day 7, got a bit 'wobbly ' this morning , so went for a run instead with some awesome Foo Fighters running through my cans, that feeling of reaching for the bottle soon passed.
                          Here is a little experiment that I will continue conducting.I have been taking the money from the bank everyday that I usually spend on AL, well this afternoon I treated myself to a mani/pedi and some great shoes from an actual proper shoe store not somewhere you pick up milk....
                          I feel like a fully functioning member of the human race, my skin looks better, I have lost 6ilbs in weight.I have been laughing out loud at life...( I am holding on to this feeling )
                          Tomorrow will be a test,we have arranged to meet friends that only know me as a great drinker ( and they take advantage by allowing my generous nature on picking up the bill ) well not tomorrow,I shall be drinking fizzy water and my husband will only take money for his own drinks.Then these peeps will be whittled from my life.I am doing everything to protect my AF journey.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic AF 4th July.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters. Hope you all are having a great fourth! I'm new and just wanted to say hello. Trying again to get AF and found the site, so I joined hoping it would help. Haven't had a drink as of yet today, planning on making it a drink free day. Feeling the pull though, but got it in my head I'm gonna make it at least today without one.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome wsb69

Stick close to the nest, some of the people on here are so inspirational, it does seem a bit quiet today ( maybe due to the holiday ).
                              Have a look through some past posts and read about some our struggles and temptations and what keeps us together, we are all fighting the same demon.
                              Stick close to the nest wsb69 ..we have your back

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey wsb!! Welcome aboard! I'm so glad you found us! This is a great day to reclaim your independence! You may have noticed on the new posts that my good friend, Mick, is celebrating his one year anniversary today!
                                Surround yourself with things you love to do and eat, keep your belly full and drink lots of water! Be sure to check out the Tool Box (link below) for 100's of tips and coping skills to help you. Try not to think too far down the road....all you gotta do, is get thru this day!! Read and post often!! Settle in and just start talking! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X