Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

OMG my neighbors are PARTYING! I hope they all have hangovers tomorrow! Hehe.

Gawd I want to just heal...why...WHY? Lol

Just to wear cute shoes again.....*sigh*
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters,

Its a lovely cloudy, gloomy and rainy day here is the south. Good day to stay close to MWO.

wsb69, Mr V welcome to our cozy nest. Glad you both have found us.

June3 - good job keep it up.

Lav - cute puppy pic, It that yours or Byrdie's? She looks just like my SIL pup, Shake. Precious.

Love to all,
      JDG
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!!!
        Lav, thank you for posting a picture of my doggie, Rubi! She is something else! Grumpy and spoiled rotten, but we love her! I appreciate your putting that on here for me!
        Everyone is doing so well! If you got thru the last 15 minutes you can get thru the next 15....that helped me many times and still does.
        Gosh, 3J, that is a great post! Was it in the Tool Box? If it isn't it should be! I'm going to print that out myself!! Great job on unearthing that!!
        Have a happy Friday everyone! It's just another day in the week!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS to CAZ22!!!
          7 days of the week......wow
          You get the 7 day prize:
          :moon:
          I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

poor k9lover. what next? you are hanging in there like a champ, though. You are an inspiration to the rest of us.
            welcome wsb what a great time to start your new live. a true independence day celebration.
            That is a great pic Lav.
            I am on my way to the party this morning. I decided to pick up some decorations for the barn where the party is being held. that way when I get there early, I will have something to keep me occupied. Idle hands and all.
            Have a great AF day everyone.
            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good mid-late morning Nesters!

I've been on babysitting duty since 7 am
              Got them both up, fed, dressed, in the car & back to my house by 9:30 am. How's that for efficiency?:H :H
              I never, never could have done all this with a hangover. I wouldn't have even wanted to spend a day with a 2 & a 4 yr old!

Just so everyone knows - Rubi is Byrdie's dog (I just post the pics for her).
              Good luck with the party today little beagle. I'd love to see some barn decorations pics ;0

Have a great AF Friday everyone!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

OOPS!

Forgot to mention.....
                Maybe we should think about taking up a collection to buy some new, cute shoes for K9 to wear as soon as her foot is healed
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!
                  Its Day 19 for me. The longest Ive ever been sober in my adult life! I mentioned it yesterday...Im starting to count on myself again, which is a new and awesome feeling-- showing up, keeping my word, trusting myself, being accountable, reliable to others, remembering yesterday, thinking about tomorrow, and most of all, excited for future!
                  Hope you all have a wonderful AF day! :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

LS what an inspirational post. For those who are just starting out or lurking and thinking of starting out this could be you! All it takes is the first hours strung into the first days. Get started, make a decision that you want to live a happy healthy life. We were there, and we will help!

GO CAZZ! The first week is a real milestone IMHO. You rocked it!

Lav thanks for the reminder that life on the other side is so much fuller, and we can give so much to others now that we have the energy and are AF. About those shoes for K9 I"m thinking stilettos? That's a reasonably healthy way to get high right?

beagle good planning! Have fun tonight! Is it a dance?
                    Newbies Nest
                    Toolbox
                    My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nesters

Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time learning about the neurobiology of addiction (I know, NERD!). Understanding the science better makes it easier for me to accept what happened.

Anyway, I'll spare you all that but there was one phrase used that for me, really captures the agony that most of us are in at the point we seek out an online forum such as this:

Addiction is chasing the relief that maintains the distress.

The other take-home lesson was that although we can repair our brains in many ways from the damage done by alchohol, the circuits we formed remain intact, much like those for riding a bike. Therefore, the potential for relapse (quickly back to a high level of intake) is permanent. And, has been discussed many times on MWO, relapses become sequentially worse.

So, stick close, get this DONE and don't go back!

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all, day 4 AF. Made it thru the 4th AF. Been a little bit of white knuckling, but I have good support at home. Husband isn't drinking either, not that he has a problem.

Tonight I have a challenge, going to dinner with the leader of a wine club I belong to. We are good friends and this is not club related, just a social thing. I won't be drinking and plan on ........ shit, I don't know what to say! Help!
                        "A good garden may have some weeds"
                        Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh NS you sure know how to make us feel better LOL so we're going around in circles looking for relief in a way that causes stress? Marvellous! Oh and better still the chances of relapse are forever and if we relapse it will be worse! Thanks for brightening up my day. LOLOL just kidding.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all, day 4 AF. Made it thru the 4th AF. Been a little bit of white knuckling, but I have good support at home. Husband isn't drinking either, not that he has a problem.

Tonight I have a challenge, going to dinner with the leader of a wine club I belong to. We are good friends and this is not club related, just a social thing. I won't be drinking and plan on saying ........ shit, I don't know what to say! Help!
                            "A good garden may have some weeds"
                            Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gardner,

Slow down, relax, and take a deep breath. Ok, just explain to your friend that you have made a plan to be AF. You do not owe anyone an explanation, but I understand how uncomfortable these social situation can be.

If you don't want to say that, just explain that you won't be drinking this evening. Or make up what ever excuse you feel comfortable with. Eventually you should distance yourself from the wine club, as that can be a set up for disaster.

Remember protect your sobriety at all costs.

Hope this helps
                              JDG
                              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Gardener

If you are going to be with this person in the future, you might want to get it out there now that you just aren't going to drink anymore - it just doesn't make you feel good, etc. A "temporary" excuse (e.g. on antibiotics) just isn't going to cut it if you will be together frequently. Are you going to stay in the wine club?

It is interesting how many people who I've told that I no longer drinking are now experimenting with not drinking or drinking less. I think when you reveal this step to other people, you open up their can of worms!

All the best to you. Have a good, AF weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X