Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Overcast here but not raining at the moment! Missing the sunshine, that's for sure!

Chook, I hope you feel better soon! Can you stand some 'chicken soup'? Seems a bit canibalistic but it does help Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Mel, congrats on your 28 days - that's great progress! Keep remembering all the reasons you wanted to go AF!

Annie, congrats on your 2 AF days! Taking it one day at a time in the beginning is a surefire way to get you to your goals! Just keep putting one foot in front of the other

Tranq, hope you can squeeze in a little golf this weekend - too damp & muddy around here for any outdoor activities - oh well.

Wishing everyone a great Saturday, will be back later!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

AnyaPrincess;756801 wrote: Here's my little update:

Yesterday and today I've continue to take the supplements and my Topamax, and I've had two days AF.

I'm afraid to ask this... but is it possible that that little bit of Topamax and the supplements that I'm taking is really helping? I don't even have the CDs yet or the supps from this site. I'm wondering if this is too good to be true, or if I'm jumping the gun or what is happening?!

inkele:
      I found the Topamax helped from day one, so I'm not suprised. That and your resolve to make the change, good work Annie! :goodjob:

None of it's a magic bullet, but each piece is powerful.

Rejuve.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Quiet day here! That's OK. Just hope all the fledglings are doing well.
        Had a long, busy but good day mself & I am grateful!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - I'll leave the night light on

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here curling up in the nest for the night. Able to say Day 1. It was a struggle but I did it. Actually, if we're technical, it's not officially Day 1 because I got up during the night last night to finish the rest of the bottle of champagne. But, I did not drink today. Had a lot of inner debates/battles going on. Took a Topamax and L-Glutamine. Going to have to get on the supplements regularly.
          Anyway - just wanted to say hi to everyone. Great job to all. Have a wonderful day/night -what ever time it is where you live. :l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Nora, it's official your day one counts. We don't worry about technicalities.

Mel- 28 days, 60 days... you rock!

"I'm afraid to ask this... but is it possible that that little bit of Topamax and the supplements that I'm taking is really helping?"

Annie - you can believe it. A combination of a few simple things can make magic happen. A little kudzu, some l-glut, patience, determination plus clear headed thinking all help to make this ordeal a little easier. Personally, I was surprised at how little struggle there was for me too. Like Mel said, challenges pop up, but it is certainly easier when you remember that you have all these things helping you.

Yes Lav. I did get to play golf yesterday. It was a great day here and a lot of fun.

Take care.
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Everyone 10 day AF

Starting Day 11. The winter storm arrived, we have a blanket of about 7 or 8 inches of new snow and it's still snowing. Probably just going to curl up with a book by the fireplace for the rest of the day.

Mr Rejuve & I went to the Theater yesterday, went to an upscale Mexican resturant afterwards sans Margueritas was still a very enjoyable day.:h

We ran out of Kudzu rescue...and have had to substitute the lesser quality Kudzu from the drug store....doesn't seem to working quite so well..has any experienced that?
              Hoping our order gets here soon. We ordered & got confirmation a week ago...but it hasn 't showed up yet, I called MWO yesterday, but thay haven't gotten back to me, I guess they don't work weekends.:upset:

Have a good day.
              Rejuve

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

We woke up to sunshine today, nice for a change

Rejuve, have fun in the snow - make a snowman or two!! I have never used Kudzu so I cannot comment on that. I'm sure some of the others can help.

NoraC, congrats on your Day 1! Stay focused on your plan, keep yourself & your mind occupied over the next few days. Give yourself every chance possible to be successful, you can do this

If I was a golfer I'd surely be out there today Tranq! I'll play with the dogs outside today or something!

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Horrors!
                  Where are all the fledglings?????
                  I hope everyone is OK! Check in soon

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone - sorry I haven't been by. I am happy to report that I made it thru day 2. Congrats to everyone else. Time for bed and I'll be back tomorrow.
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi. 30 days now. Still going to continue with the abstinence and am reading the pdf, have ordered the L-Glutamine. I saw my CBT counselor yesterday, she was happy that I am trying this, and said that I seemed calmer. Right now, just learning about the treatments and the program, it's very interesting. Have a good day everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

NoraC - congrats on your 2 AF days! Stick with it - you know it's worth it!

Mel, a big hearty congrats to you on your 30 AF days You must feel great & proud of yourself as well. I also made the decision to stay AF when I hit 30 days - it seemed like the only sensible thing for me to do at the time. I've never regretted it because I have gained so much. Your counselor has already noticed the improvement in you - I'm sure many others have as well. Keep up the good work, you'll love it!

Well, I have the morning to get some work done in my shop then the afternoon is devoted to watching my 11 month old grandson - Mr Busy!
                        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Nora way to go on day two. They'll get a little easier as time goes by too.

Mel - awesome on thirty days. Congratulations! Sounds like you're putting together a solid approach to things.

Sorry I got tied up over the weekend. Was out all day and night on Saturday - absolutely gorgeous day here. Last night I drove my son back to school - two hours each way in the rain. Didn't feel much like doing anything after that 'cept having a beer - but I didn't.

Just got back from the gym - I've got some work to do tonight.

Lav, Sooty, Chooks, Rejuve everyone - Hi.

Take care.
                          tw
                          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Quiet again today, huh?
                            Well, I'll just wish everyone a good & safe night in the nest - hope everyone is well!
                            Can't wait to hear some progress reports in the morning

Be well,
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Um can't speak about progress, but does standing still count at all! Kind of walking on a treadmill right now..no forward momentum, but not decending into hell either...as yet (crosses my fingers)!

Have spent the day cleaning like mad and trying to stop my sinuses from exploding inside my head!Then shopping as I have a count-down now with eldest daughter...we have 5 'big' sleeps to go before her birthday! *cringe* *sigh* *unspeakable expletive*.

Tomorrow is work all day, then Thursday swimming lesson for chick number 2 and more cleaning and more party preps! I am thinking that it will be near 40 odd people..they are RSVP'ing and asking if they can bring younger siblings! What can you say to that? But " what the heck..why not, bring 'em on!"

I will be SO glad when Sunday is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Other than that all is well. Me and the wee chicks laid on the bed last evening and watched the sun make rainbows on the wall as it shone through the crystal hanging in our window!!! Life is lovely in simple moments!!!!!

Luv Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Chook, good to see you as always
                                I am happy to hear you are at least in a 'holding pattern' right now. I'm sure when the right day comes you will begin to move forward again. You already know that's the best possible thing you can do for yourself & your girls! You certainly do have a busy week ahead but save time some time for yourself so you don't burn out!!! Hope your sinuses clear soon too

I have work to do this morning then off to the hospital for some routine testing this afternoon. The sun is out so everything is looking good!

Wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X