X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon Nesters!

Kuya is OK allan, Byrdie & I have kept in touch with her

I received news today that my older brother passed away - dead & gone at the ripe old age of 67 He has had some serious health problems & was not improving. It's a sad day even though I knew it was coming. I am going to keep him in my heart, the younger & healthier version, not the suffering soul he had become over the past few years.

Stay well Nesters & know that you do have the power to do whatever you want to do.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. Losing family is always hard, but if he was suffering he is now out of that pain...I will be thinking of you and keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers. Just terrible news....Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, very sorry to hear about your loss. 67 is too young to go, life is very unfair....

Allan
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone
          sorry about your brother Lav and agree 67 is too young now-a-days and life certainly is unfair

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Lav. I too have lost siblings at an early age, drink always played a part. You are right to remember the good times. Off to bed soon with two Kalms and the Allen Carr book. I am starting to recognise it's not even One Day at a Time, but one step. Goodnight everyone
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry Lav to hear of your brothers passing, heart goes out for you, take good care iof yourself.
              "A good garden may have some weeds"
              Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                Lav i am so sorry for your loss...way too young to go.....

razy busy with last things we need to pack and get ready to take for the auction..I am purging so much stuff...his kids wont want it so I am selling it on my terms....hurts a little but it is just stuff and I wont have to worry about that at a later date and some of the stuff has been in boxes for decades...sigh....

Back at it tomorrow and all week.....it will be over soon I hope...
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am also sorry about your loss Lav. BH I have AC's book and it is so dog eared it's definitely a good tool.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

lav - so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

allankay - Juja does still post under the general discussion forum, the thread is called one step at a time - july.

Been a good day. Church was wonderful great sermon this am and pm. Applying an overkill of Velcro. Stay safe in the nest tonight.
                    JDG
                    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                      If you are here then do all you have to do to stay put.
                      Life can be too short as evidenced by my brother's passing today. It was not AL related but still too soon. Thanks everyone for your thoughts

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav I'm very sorry to hear of your brother's passing on at such an early age. I'm sure you're right he'd rather you remember his healthier happier days. It really makes us look at our own mortality when we lose someone close. Let's live our lives to the fullest.
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav
                          Very sorry to hear of your brother's passing.

SamS
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. Happy to report still AL and hangover free It's Monday morning and I have a bit of facing up to do, like talking to my boss and trying to sort my finances. Both of which are making me feel anxious, so I better get on with them and get it out of the way. Last week was a horrendous train wreck and I can't expect no fallout from such self destructive behaviour. I am also going to try and look for a support group, or maybe even try AA, I just feel the need to talk to others in the same boat face to face. I'll post later, hope everyone is well and sober.
                            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back again. Couldn't remember my log in it has been awhile, so created a new one. I was Brittzak and I gave been here since 2007. 6 years is a long time. I was sober 2 if those years, but struggling lately. I have seen a lot if members come and go and some succeed and others not. I know what to do to get sober and remain sober, I just can't seem to wrap my brain around it. I'm going to do what I know works and that is get back in AA and post here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Lav, sorry to hear your news....My best wishes to you.

To Nesters new and not-so-new - the important thing is, if we stuff up, we get back on the wagon again. I speak from lots of experience; many attempts at sobriety before becoming 'steadfast' in my resolve. I never want to get caught up in the Al cycle again.

It's so good to have a Nest where we can share our experiences and strategies for living AF.

cyber hugs to all; butt velcro on!
                                love,
                                Steady
                                AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X