Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

The issue I have seen in myself and others is we get lazy. You get comfy in sobriety and forget the fight is lifelong. It sucks!!! I convinced myself after a long time sober I could have that one drink. I did it for awhile, but one became ten quickly. The cycle started again. I stopped taking my medication for depression, I stopped posting, I stopped going to church. All of these things I know I must do to remain sober. I'm back and day two sober. Sleep is terrible and I physically feel ill, but I'm ready to do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Welcome back luvuall!
      Keeping your guard up is a must, learning to ignore the monkey mind is essential as well. Glad you are here with us, stay close

Thanks for the well wishes everyone concerning the passing of my brother. I spent a good deal of time last evening on the phone with my sister-in-law. They live half way across the country so I can't be there in person. I am going to do what I can to help from here.

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, I'm sorry for the loss of your brother.
        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Lav, I am so sorry for the loss of your brother. I will ask my brother. My heart goes out to you and your family.
          I am missing Kuya too. Please tell her I said hello. Does she check her PMs?
          Monday already! Ugh. Off to work. I have several new nurses I am training so I am so thankful I can do it with a clear head.
          Have a wonderful day everyone
          Day 1 again 11/5/19
          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI everyone. This is Day 2 for me. I feel pretty shaky today and scared. I've attempted quitting before. I've went almost 2 months, a few weeks. But lately, I go maybe a few days. So ready to do this. My 37th birthday is coming up and I'm so ready for 37 to be so much better than 36.

So here I am . . . .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Missy I'm day two as well! We can do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone,

It is the dreaded day 13. I hear a lot of people fall on this day, so I am being extra vigiliant today.

Should be ok I have lots to do, putting in applications. I pray my recent DUI charges don't hinder my job searching process.

welcome to the new and returning members. Glad you are here. We are in this fight together, because it takes all of us to keep each other "on the wagon."

Love to all will check in later,
                  JDG
                  Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                    JackD'sG, Day 13 is the best day of all! It was a game changing day for me, and for many nesters! I went back and fished out my D13 post for you!

Originally Posted by Byrdlady View Post
                    Day 13. Yesterday was EASY!!!! I'm so happy to report, that hubs was out of town and I had the perfect opportunity to have myself a high old time....but I didn't! The voices weren't as loud or as often, so day 13 was the day that I think I turned the corner. I feel good! I certainly haven't lost any weight...I am rewarding myself by saying, look, you can have anything in the world you want, except AL...now I need to reel myself in a bit and stop eating everything in sight. Finally finished off the last of the Christmas cookies I had in the freezer. For the first time in years, I feel like I'm getting control of my life, and it feels really good! ODAT! I could NOT have done it without this site.

In fact, you may notice that we pull folks along to Day 3, 7, 13 and then Day 30! It has not been my experience here at all that folks fall on Day 13, in fact, most go onwards and upwards! Keep up the good work!
                    luvuall, welcome back! You know what to do, hold tight!
                    Missy, welcome aboard! Just jump in! We're glad you are here!

Hope everyone has a productive Monday! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie:thanks:

I have heard from some that 13 was their downfall, glad to hear it is not so for everyone.

I had the perfect opportunity on Friday, everyone was gone out of town, had plenty of time and money to drink. Support team was even gone, but I stayed strong and busy and made it through. Whew, I think that was the big test, and I passed.

Thanks again,
                      JDG
                      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job JD girl!!
                        Welcome Missy!
                        Long weekend was tough a little slip up for me but poor hubby had a real hard time. Keep on reading and posting and never giving up!!
                        DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dw the important thing is not to give up.
                          Good to hear from you steady. We hanging in there together.
                          Lava you have my sympathies at this time. I truly admire your strength to face such a loss and still have enough to give to us.
                          You day 13 post was great byrdie.
                          Welcome to the newbies love and missy.
                          Jdgirl no one day is worse than another. You have to remain vigilant each of them. I hope your job search goes ok.
                          Keep up the good work everyone.
                          I am so glad to be a member of the mwo team. Thanks everyone for being there for me at one of the worst times of my life. And one of the best as it is becoming.
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning everyone
                            day 40 for me I can't believe it
                            didn't realise till i did role call
                            thankyou everyone for making me feel welcome and part of the group
                            This what I do first thing in the morning keeping my mind focused
                            have a good gay

Comment

Newbies Nest

Witts! Congrats on your 40 days!!! We hope you have a good gay, too!!:H:H:H
                              Just couldn't let that one pass! Once you get past a couple weeks, the days just add up!! Very proud of you!

Hope everyone is having a good start to the work week!
                              Thinking of you, Lav.....
                              Hugs to all, strap on in!! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

If any of you are seeking an adventure, an extremely mentally and physically challenging career, I recommend that you look into being a nurse on "the floor" in a hospital. I'm telling you, from what I've observed -- it's a lot of work. A LOT of work.

And I will add, it's plenty of work for the daughter of the patient once at home after less than 24 hours following a total mastectomy: emptying and attaching drain tubes (which seem to be from the early 1900s), assistance to the bathroom, pain assessment and medications, worries about fever, and so much more. Then there's cooking, cleaning, a hundred phone calls from relatives and friends. And there's no relief for the night shift. Same person. Same job. Gosh! The hospitals "get rid" of patients in a hurry!! Little wonder!!

Anyway, we have all made it thus far. A few frights over the fever, but no runs to the emergency room. The smell of bloody body fluid (from emptying drain containers) will not leave me alone. It's kind of a painful sensation between my eyebrows. But I shall prevail. We shall prevail.

Love is an amazing thing: it's not always (or even often) a warm and happy feeling; it's wiping up vomit and wiping away tears. Let's not kid ourselves: that is the "real deal" of true love.

Good thing is, I don't even have time
                                for cravings... lol...

Have not had a chance to read posts for a few days. I miss all of you very much.

Stay strong. Be absolutely true to your perfect self. Life is long. Life is short.
                                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                                pointed the way
                                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Working...
                                X