Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Tess -2 - Glad to hear you are doing well during this trying time. Prayers for you and your family.

Witts end - great job!

LittleBeagle - Thanks for the uplifting post.

Lav - still praying for you and your family.

Hello to any and all that I missed. Had a good day. I currently have 9 applications/resumes floating out there, surely one will get an interview. Praying.

I love this site. I have failed so many times and you guys are always here with encouragement to pick me up and help me get back on track, so if I haven't said so a big THANK YOU!

Applying Velcro, and resting before, cooking dinner, bathing, laundry, it never ends.
    Grab a branch and lets have a "nest sleep over".

Love to all,
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Thanks for all the warm thoughts....they really help.

Hello & welcome Missy!
      Please use all the butt Velcro you need to prevent falling out of the nest
      Have you made a good plan for yourself? Look in the Tool box for help.

Tess, I did that kind of nursing for 27 years, it just about killed me. Glad to hear your Mom is home & I wish you both strength. Hope you can get some rest tonight.

I've had a real busy day & I'm hoping to turn in soon. Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
        I am stressed...the movers take our stuff over to the house tomorrow...then the auction guys helper will come Thursday to sort and stage.
        Auction is Monday...I just hope and pray that I get enough money to keep dad in his place for a while longer...he has no clue and on some level that makes me mad but on another I just dont know. Dh is trying but sometimes I want to smack him....not really but he just frustrates me....
        I see some signs in dh that I saw in dad....his mind is not sharp either....I have to tell him the same thing over and over.....I need someplace to hide.....
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie I'm sorry you are having such a rough time right now. I hope all your pup are doing alright. God luck on your auction. $$$$$$. Hopefully you will get lots for your dad.
          Tess your mother is very lucky to have such a wonderful daughter.
          Have a great af night everyone.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning All. Not in a great place at the moment. Not drunk for two days which is good but had a horrible serious wake up call at the wknd. Wont go into it...too awful. Ive decided to deal with the cravings..this way. Someone on mwo said it...sorry cant remember who it was..."let the cravings swish around in my head for one minute only then distract myself with something...anything and its surprising how quickly the craving will go.." i have to make this work else i will lose my family friends..the lot. Not to mention wreck my life completly. Happy tuesday everyone...xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bella;1530061 wrote: Morning All. Not in a great place at the moment. Not drunk for two days which is good but had a horrible serious wake up call at the wknd. Wont go into it...too awful. Ive decided to deal with the cravings..this way. Someone on mwo said it...sorry cant remember who it was..."let the cravings swish around in my head for one minute only then distract myself with something...anything and its surprising how quickly the craving will go.." i have to make this work else i will lose my family friends..the lot. Not to mention wreck my life completly. Happy tuesday everyone...xxx
              Bella, hang in there. I had a wake up call too last week and it's horrible to think what the consequences could have been. Keep the memory of how you felt after that horrible wake up call and remind yourself if you are tempted that that's what AL leads you to. I had cravings yesterday a couple of times and this soon put me off! Good luck honey, you are not alone
              Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Starting out with a heavy cloud cover over my portion of the nest today - oh well.

The best thing to do for cravings is distract yourself
                Just stop whatever you are doing & go do something completely different. The craving is usually gone in 15 minutes or less. Remember, a craving won't kill you

Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all,

Lav sorry it is cloudy over your part of the nest today. Love your post "Remember a craving won't kill you" you are so right, but a drink will kill us.

Dottie, Bella - sorry you guys are having a rough time. Stick close to the nest. This too shall pass.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced dreams during their early quit. Today is 14 for me, and I have been having dreams that I started back drinking and taking pills. Wake up relieved that it is only a dream but it puts those thoughts I am trying to rid myself of back in play.

Has anyone heard from G man?????

Staying strong and AF, Happy Tuesday,
                  JDG

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                    JDG, strange, vivid dreams are very common when we first quit. Maybe it's the brain making midnight repairs, I don't know, but I sure had them, as do most others. They usually pass by the 3rd week. Hang in there!

So many nesters having family crises...we are all thinking of you, it's a helpless feeling not being able to fix everything. (especially not having our little friend to turn to) but you will find strength in fighting thru it.

Hope everyone has a safe and sober day! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

JackDanielsGirl;1530097 wrote:

Just wondering if anyone else experienced dreams during their early quit. Today is 14 for me, and I have been having dreams that I started back drinking and taking pills. Wake up relieved that it is only a dream but it puts those thoughts I am trying to rid myself of back in play.

JDG
                      :goodjob: Nesters !!
                      Hope no-one minds me popping over here from the Army
                      JDG I think when the AL is gone we sleep PROPERLY ! Not into a drink induced coma !
                      Maybe you are catching up on all the dreams you didn't have / remember when al was in the picture !?
                      I LOVE those drinking dreams - feels sooooooooo good when you wake

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey there nesters just flitting in for a quick hello. Toronto got flooded yesterday but I'm out of town and have news that our house is dry so all good. Yet another social event today, baby shower. Got through a kids birthday where my husband's ex was in attendance. Yikes. I'm not even thinking about AL any more. For any of the newer nesters have faith there comes a time when AL no longer consumes us!!

I am having vivid dreams still, but I think it's about sleeping well. I'm loving it!

Soldier on, it's worth it!
                        Newbies Nest
                        Toolbox
                        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I also am having dreams not as bad as the first couple of weeks but I deffinately am starting to sleep better .......thou it does take ages to go to sleep..... need the tv on to finally drift off ...haha slept in this morning
                          overcast here also rain during the night drive way a mess again

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,

Been a good day. Cleaned, cooked, now for bath and bed.

Velcro applied, along with duct tape, superglue, and nest belt. Don't want to fall off my twig.

Have a safe and sober night in the nest.
                            JDG

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters...
                              3June, I was thinking about something you mentioned the other day...the well meaning lady who appeared with 2 wine glasses and a bottle of AF wine. That could just have easily been real wine....so nesters, make sure you prepare for occasions like this, where you might be afraid of hurting someone's feelings.....So in this situation, what would you say?

I'd say, I'll take you up on the conversation, but I must pass on the wine.
                              Her: Oh come one, just have ONE with me!
                              Me: Sorry, it doesn't agree with my delicate constitution....
                              Her: ONE won't hurt you~!
                              Me: It's NOT your colon!! I gotta pass......
                              Her: Then I'm not drinking either...
                              Me: Good, save it for another time.

I tell you, these people are out there.....don't let them derail your days of hard work....because you want to get to the place where NOT drinking is easy....and feeding the habit won't get you there. Stay strong and firm. Dig your heels in and do not give in no matter what and no matter who!

Have a safe and sober night in the nest! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters, quick fly by sprinkling sober dust. I hope those that were struggling today are feeling brighter tomorrow.
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X