Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Just saying Hello!

Decided to post here and to introduce myself briefly. Right now, I am reading as much as I can and have come to the conclusion that I cannot control my alcohol intake. In order for me to live the rest of my life happily, my drinking has to stop. I have cut down a lot in the past year or so but still every now and then, get hammered with no previous intention; it just happens.

I have only had success stopping for one month and that was in the Spring. I am ready to give up the pleasure/pain of alcohol forever and I need encouragement and help. I hope I can give back as much as I get but I feel like I am reborn today with this final decision.

I look forward to getting to know you all.
    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    Lao-Tzu

Comment

Newbies Nest

sober soul welcome
      we look forward to getting to know you
      Mike keep up the good work

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yo Nester's!

Wishing everyone peace, strength and clarity.

Busy fella here. JD, like your new avatar. Keep up the great work you are doing.

Day 60. Bring.it.on.

L8tr, Yo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yeah G-man. You Rock!
          Welcome soul and Mike. You are in the right Place. We have all been in the same spot you are. Hang in there. I send you both hugs. Mike You will feel better. I am sorry you feel so rotten right now. You will only have to go through this again if you give in and drink now. You have this much time and discomfort invested, why not see it through once and for all.
          :l:l
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sober Soul, Mike welcome! Keep eating do whatever you need to do to stay your course. This is one decision you will always be grateful for. Put the past behind you where it belongs and vow to make the rest of your life count! We will be here to help! Stay close and keep talking! You are safe here in the nest.
            Newbies Nest
            Toolbox
            My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sober Soul and Mike, you are in good company here, looking forward to seeing you both around. G
              "A good garden may have some weeds"
              Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello and thanks for the warm welcome. I keep reading and reading. The withdrawls are getting better.
                Day 4 still shaky though I did manage to eat some toast. These cravings are calling me. Its 8pm here and just the guilt and shame thinking of the stupid things I did in the past make me want to go and get a bottle. Depression is setting in. I think I read that this happens during withdrawls. ohhh these withdrawls suck everytime.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome Sober Soul & Mike!
                  Glad you found us, please settle in for a while
                  Mike, be sure you get some food into you & plenty of water - both will help you feel a lot better. You are doing great on day 4 - don't give up now. This time next week you'll feel like a brand new guy!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest - buckle up!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sprinkles sober dust on the nest!

We can do it guys. Sober Soul and Mike, hang in there. It's just like recovering from the flu, you have to feel the pain and be gentle with yourself until the symptoms subside. Once the physical withdrawal is over, the real work begins and it is worth it!
                    Day 1 again 11/5/19
                    Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                    Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                    Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                    11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                    12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in...didn't sleep last night, hopefully tonight it will finally come. It's the fifth night. My daughter is leaving for the weekend tomorrow morning and I usually look forward to the time alone to drink. I've been thinking about how it will be now. Not sure how it's going to happen, but last Saturday was hopefully my last day one ever. Welcome to Soul and MIM...there are a bunch of us in our first week (not my first try tho...)so you have plenty of company. I am doing what works...checking in here, reading as much as I can, and being accountable and thankful for everyone here who cares.

Goodnight,
                      Piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Piper. Last day 1. On to a new and better life.
                        Hope tomorrow is better Mike. Nite all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters! It's late here, after midnight. I was out with friends. They're big drinkers. Friends of the owner of the restaurant. Of course he starts the night out by bringing a bottle of 2001 Sparkling wine that he has been saving for a special occasion (one of our group is here visiting from out of the country). I felt a surge of panic. I whispered over to my son to take my glass away. I then told the server out loud not to pour me a glass I don't drink. I realized that I am now at the point where I consider it poison. I can't have it. I had a fun evening listening to their tales and enjoying their company. At some point they began talking about doing shots and I made my exit. While I watched them get drunk I had this deep sense of relief that I wasn't drinking with them and that tomorrow I will wake up as clear headed as I did for the last 38 days.

Thank you thank you MWO, I would not have done this alone.
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Isn't it a revelation, June to watch people drinking/getting wasted?? It's a whole new world!! Excellent job staying strong and having your exit plan! :goodjob:

Very tired, distracted again...not certain really what I did today but it was all munchkin related...:l

I m a bit brain dead these days so not very with it in the comment, support area...sorry.

Stay close everyone and sleep well,

:bagdude::bagdude:

:h
                            On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                            *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

June,

how good is that feeling of accomplishment! Pride in yourself is very underrated

Good Job

Allan
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Thursday morning Nesters!

Rain clouds still hanging over my portion of the nest, oh well! This has been one damp summer, that's for sure.

June, isn't it nice when you can say 'No thanks' in a strong, clear voice & really mean it too?
                                Keep that going, you will never be sorry.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X