X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Samstone - awesome on 60 days & Mike on 6 days! Both great accomplishments
    Keep going guys, you'll never be sorry!

Daily wine, may I respectfully suggest you find some healthier way to deal with stress? I found out myself, after years & years of drinking AT someone or something......it's just useless & you keep hurting yourself. Go to the Tool box & choose some of the great ideas posted there. Remember - nothing changes if nothing changes.

Tess, I am so sorry about your Mom's prognosis. I have been through the process with my parents, my in-laws & a few grandparents & most recently my brother.
    Please be sure to get hospice services set up as soon as possible. They will ensure your Mom remains as comfortable as possible & provide supportive care, physically, emotionally & spiritually. The entire family will benefit from hospice care :l
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,

Thank you to everyone who sent well wishes my way today. Court went as well as can be expected. Fines, classes, DL back in 30 days.

No word on a job yet, but still praying and hopeful.

Hope everyone has a great AF WE.
      JDG
      Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the 60 day "hats" . Can't forget G-Man, he deserves them as well!
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Son of a .....I meant to do that yesterday, Samstone, and I got side tracked!!!
          Let me do proper nods now!!!

Guitarista and Samstone! 60 days of bliss from the misery of AL! May these hats be worn with great pride, as you have earned each and every stitch in them. Thank you for being role models and leaders here on the boards! You are fine examples of walking the walk!!! Please accept....your hats!!

G>>>>>:day5::day5:

SS>>>>:day5::day5:

Wear them loud and proud gentlemen! You earned 'em!!!
          Your Nestmates
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I celebrate your success, Samstone and Guitarista!! All of your friends in The Nest know what it takes to accomplish 60 AF Days. Nice work!! You make us proud!! :happyheart:

And Byrdie, so many thanks to you for bestowing our awards. That is no small job -- and the pay is lousy. But we love ya for it. Thanks!! :heart:
            Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
            pointed the way
            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am posting right now because a family member has a glass of wine sitting in the kitchen while we cook and sneaking a little sip is just so tempting. Who would know? I WOULD! And then you all would when I had to post tomorrow. So I'm doing this instead. It would NOT be worth it!

ALWAYS POST BEFORE DRINKING!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1531533 wrote: Son of a .....I meant to do that yesterday, Samstone, and I got side tracked!!!
                Let me do proper nods now!!!

Guitarista and Samstone! 60 days of bliss from the misery of AL! May these hats be worn with great pride, as you have earned each and every stitch in them. Thank you for being role models and leaders here on the boards! You are fine examples of walking the walk!!! Please accept....your hats!!

G>>>>>:day5::day5:

SS>>>>:day5::day5:

Wear them loud and proud gentlemen! You earned 'em!!!
                Your Nestmates
                Well it's about bloody time! :H

Thanks Byrdy, and thanks y'all. Well done Sam.

You won't regret ignoring the booze NS. I reckon each time we say no, we are sending a strong message to our inner selves. You're a star friend!

Have a great weekend Nester's.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

:danthin: CONGRATS to you as well G!!!!!

JDG, glad your court day went well. Hope something in the job market opens up soon for you.

Tess, I'm always around if you need anything :l

Remember kids - whatever is in someone else's glass is none of your business, right??

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

G-man, Brydie, Lav, Beagle and all the rest here at the nest
                    thanks for the hats and the support.

SS
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters! it's Friday after work, hubby is out of town with his buddy. I had a fleeting thought of "who would know?" and like you NS, thought, I would! Honestly I have no idea why these ideas still pop into my head. But at least they are easily dismissed now!

Mike I'm so glad you're feeling a little better. You've got lots of support here and some great ideas. Try to get out and enjoy life if you are up to it. Sugar seems to help with the cravings and I have heard L Glutamine helps. Might be worth a try?

Congrats on the 60 days Guitarista and Samstone! I bet you're both feeling pretty proud!

Tess, sorry to hear of your mum's cancer spreading. I totally get why she opted for a less intrusive route. Chemo and radiation takes the life out of you. I hope she can live out hers as she chooses, hard as that is for others around her. :l

JDG glad to hear your court case is over, and I hope the job works out.

Londoner, what will you bring to drink this weekend? And what will you say to people who expect you to be drinking? So glad you're still on track! :thumbs:

daily wine welcome back to day one. Sorry your life is so stressful these days.

Lavande, Byrdie hey ladies! :hiya:

I downloaded the book everyone is talking about The Heart of Addiction. Got started on it last night, very interesting read. Makes sense that we need to learn what we are using AL for, so that we can find a better way.

Here's to another AF weekend. I can't tell you how relieved I am that I will wake up sober and alert every day.
                      Newbies Nest
                      Toolbox
                      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to Guitarista and Samstone on 60 days! Well done gents.
                        jdg, glad things went as well as they could. That had to cause a lot of stress. Glad you hung in there. Good luck on the job search.
                        Last week was a mess for me. Didn't get hammered, but......
                        only one day Af , holiday coming up next week. I'll be with some family, some non drinkers, others heavy drinkers. planning on lots of exercise to combat the urges. wish me luck.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck Mr. V
                          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

Sending a special and well-deserved congratulations to Samstone and G-Man-- you are paving the way for the rest of us here!!! :wd:

NS
                            and June
                            , :goodjob: in staying away/posting instead of losing all that you have worked so very hard to accomplish.

On a personal note, I thought I'd share something with the nest. Today I had family and friends over and they brought the typical house warming gifts, lots of wine. This would have been a dream had it been a few months ago but it aggravated me to have it in my home. Anyhow, I tried to keep my mind off it and chose to serve (the presents I didnt need) to my guests. Long story short, I managed my way through the entire visit but the minute they left, the urge to rip open my fridge and drink the leftover wine was so intense that I took the bottles (1 open and 2 brand new & expensive bottles) and poured them down the drain. It pained me to waste such good alcohol but I felt I didnt have any other choice. I know I am powerless over AL, especially when I am alone. Its only been 26 days but I do hope that one day I will be strong enough to be alone and at ease in the presence of AL.

Goodnight my lovely nesters :heart::heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone, I have been out of the nest for a while. Had a massive fall after 45 days af!!! I have also been away camping with little computer access. I am now back on the wagon and 11 days af. Started the AB again and this time I won't be stopping it. Tried to go without out it and went straight back to the bottle! Well Done G man and Samstone...........you are inspirational! Hope everyone is having a nice af Sat .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr V it's not about luck so I won't wish you luck. You need to decide it's over. Then make a plan to stay AF. Tell your family you're not drinking and plan on what you will drink instead.
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X