Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Saturday Nesters,

Sam and G-man congrats, you so deserve it.

MrV take your own drinks and have your excuses on the tip of your tongue. No turning back now.

Hadit great job on 11 days. Keep it up.

Thank you all for the love and support regarding court and employment.

Have a great and AF Saturday,
    JDG
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Still dark & gloomy here with way too much rain - whatever happened to summer?

June, I absolutely agree with you - sobriety is a choice, no luck involved. Mr V, you mentioned exercise - great. What else is in your plan?

hadit, glad you are back & posting!
      I hope staying on AB is in your plan because this stopping & starting will get tougher & tougher. Congrats on you 11 AF days!

LostSoul, great job dumping that wine!
      I don't think there is such a thing as 'good bottle of wine' for us - it's all poison for us
      Don't be afraid to tell people you are no longer drinking. You don't owe them any explanation either. I just simply say I don't drink anymore & change the subject - it works

Greetings to one & all today! Make it a great AF Saturday!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

its good to see you back had it!!
        It is dark and gloomy here too.....I think I will clean my own, physical nest (my house LOL) today....
        I just won't anymore

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. I'm coming to the nest to snuggle in. I drank last night. Before work. Got sent home. I work in a bar and thought no one would notice.

Sigh . . . how disgraceful.

I feel completely insane when I drink.

Sigh . . . just feeling sick today. And sad.

But I guess the silver lining is that I know how to make it better.

Now to do it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
            Good to see everyone!
            I was reading around on the boards today before flying in and I am struck by the power of this addiction. In spite of everything we read on these boards, and in spite of our own AWFUL experiences we go back to the thoughts of trying it again. OK, I'll come out and say it...IT WON'T WORK!!! ONE sip or one glass or one night is going to plunge (yes, plunge, not gradually slide, not slip....PLUNGE) you right back into the cycle. We cannot have ONE of anything related to AL. Once I accepted this, a LOT of the internal struggle stopped. NO means NO! Take it off the table as an option, consider it as dangerous as drinking lighter fluid and striking a match. It ignites the engine again and the whole race is on. Fight these urges with all you've got. Every time you do YOU get stronger and the urges weaken.....do it the other way around and guess what gets stronger!!!!
            JingleJo had a great post about getting going again after she had quit, let me go find that, it was really good! Maintain what you've got and you will never be sorry!! Just as you would never agree to anyone smashing your thumb with a hammer, never agree to drinking AL again...same outcome, you are *******. (only the thumb heals faster).
            Stay the course no matter what.....and no matter who!
            Happy Sattidy all! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here is JingleJo's post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, don't know what to say other than thank you for your kinds words of encouragement - they mean a lot, they really do.

I've not been back on here since my last post a while ago - I'll give you one guess as to why? ugh, ugh, ugh

I know what I need to do, I have proven that I can do it, but it's just so hard this time. Feel like I've been sucked into a black hole! It's bloody horrendous...worse than it ever was! My sneakiness and lying and desperation to make sure the one thing that nearly destroyed me before is included in my life is tenfold worse. Intake is worse. Consequences are worse. Grip is worse.

Please, I urge anyone who has managed to escape it for the first time to never believe you can go back to it and keep it under control (well, maybe some people can, I dunno). Cherish your sobriety like the beautiful gift that it is.

I know I need to give myself a shake and stop the pitiful crap and look to the future etc, but it's just so hard this time.

Hopefully the next time I am on, I'll have more positive stuff to say. I just wanted to post to maybe help others thinking of giving it another chance to think twice about it. It's hellish!

Love to all xxx
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning
                Tonight I will be 7 days AF. Just not too long ago, a friend called to go out, of course drinking. Now I cant get these cravings out of my head. So true this addiction is powerful. I am finally feeling better physically. I did not know I even had any friends left , after all the dumb things I did while drinking.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mike, maybe this will get those sorry cravings out of your head!!!! Are you ready?

:moon:

Congratulations on 7 FULL DAYS of being AF!!! You have conquered each and every day the week can throw at you! Success breeds success!!! Keep it going dear friend...Day 13 was a game changing day for me. I knew I had it on that day. Please hang strong. Avoid drinking friends right now...your head is screaming one thing and your heart another, so try to avoid temptation right now while you are so vulnerable. You gotta build up your resistance some. Suggest coffee or something else...I know it's not easy, but your 7 days are priceless! Protect them with all you've got. Your friend will still be there later....no worse for the wear.
                  I'm so proud of you!!! We ALL are!!! Keep em going! Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrd. And thanks for the moon lol
                    Yes I need to do this. I am 41 years old been through this too many times and never want to go back to those withdrawls again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mike, I really am so happy for you.....I wish I'd gotten this at age 41, fast forward another 10 years of wasted time fighting it and you'd be me. Getting this monkey off your back while you still have the best years ahead of you is uplifting! Hang tough!! B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS MIKE :yay:
                        7 AF days = awesome

Hello Shelle!
                        Get a plan together for yourself. From this moment on, drinking is NOT an option
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande, thank you. I went to a women's meeting this morning. They gave me some books and a lot of numbers. I'm going to go to some more meetings. They are heavily suggesting I check myself into a 30 day treatment facility but I can't right now. Financially, it's not feasible. But I got sober before with the support of others and meetings, so I'll do it again.

Happy Saturday all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Mike on 7 days!!!!!
                            "A good garden may have some weeds"
                            Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mike the first week is the worst in my humble opinion. You will still have cravings but you will find it easier to talk yourself out of responding. Congratulations, I really think the worst is over.
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening everyone,

Welcome Missy. Perch on a twig and let us get to know you.

Way to go MIM. Keep up the good work

It's been a busy day here. After grocery shopping, taking hubs lunch, unloading groceries, some pool time (the best), laundry now I am cooking squash dressing for church tomorrow. Whew I am ready for bath and bed.

Hope you all are having a great day.
                                JDG
                                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Working...
                                X