Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Mike are you taking any supplements? Your body is depleted of nutrients. It was the supplements that finally got me out of my funk.

Lav...I can't imagine how the Amish deal with a hangover:H. When I lived in Ohio we got a dining room table made by the Amish....it will definitely last me a lifetime....I love it. Yes, they do seem like pretty somber people.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SunFlower I cant put any food down for some reason, I tried to take a multi vitamin but it made me vomit. Not yet. Just feeling irritable. I know I can force myself to eat.
      Maybe I do need to start eating normal food. Its been mostly Gatorade. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mike that is along time without food. I would see the doctor so that he can give you something to either stop the vomiting or get nutrients in you via an IV. You may actually have a flu or virus and attributing it to withdrawal.

Your withdrawal seems extreme and you need medical attention. You should not be alone incase you pass out.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I should take that advice. Really I was thinking about that today. It has never been this awful. Most likely I will do that tomorrow. Thank you for your support

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mike have a safe night. Keep us posted.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings, Nesters,

Hope everyone is making good progress. No matter where you're at, the Nest is a great place to hang out.

At Day 78, i found myself having thoughts of Al. Work's driving me nuts, and it would be so good to have a few beers and relax................NO, IT WOULDN'T! IT WOULD SCREW UP EVERYTHING....Flashback to 79 days ago - not a good space to be in!

I get on here and read the posts and my resolve is re-inforced. Thanks to everyone for sharing the journey.

Best wishes to anyone having difficulties right now; better to tackle them with a clear head and remain in control.

take care,
              love Steady
              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great post steady. It really makes sense when you look at it rationally. Concentrate on the solution not the problem.

Just flicking through my Facebook feed, it really hits home how almost everyone's social lives revolve around alcohol, bar a few. Looks like I have to find a new social circle to keep me entertained......although at least 2 of my good friends seem to be turning away from the alcohol atm

Comment

Newbies Nest

I could have sworn I posted here yesterday.
                  Mike, hang in there buddy. We are here for you. One hour at a time.
                  Have you made your sobriety plan yet? That helps us when we have cravings.
                  I hope everyone is doing ok. We are moving next month so very busy over here in my corner of the nest. Lots of people want to celebrate, etc for the new house. Sticking close to the nest and all of you!

What can I do in lieu of a housewarming? I don't want to host a party with alcohol.
                  Day 1 again 11/5/19
                  Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                  Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                  Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                  11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                  12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters

Not exactly looking forward to another week of extreme heat & humidity but what can you do?
                    Got outside for a few minutes last evening, parted the massive weeds in my veggie garden & found two zucchini the size or torpedoes :H :H

Mike, I sure hope you get some medical attention today

Wishing everyone a great AF Monday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all
                      Made it through another wedding this weekend... 2 more weddings to go this year.

Londoner, glad to see your resolve and possible influence for your friends. Some times I think that's one of the harder parts of this new way life.... lost friendships. Yet "friends" who treat a person with contempt because they won't drink are talking through addiction. Just thinking out loud here.

SS
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all,

It's another day filled with errands with my daughter. One good thing about my license being suspended is I get to spend a lot of time with my daughter. Loving that.

Off soon to put in more applications.

Mike please go see a NP or MD today, you should have already been able to eat solid food by now. My concern is we are already dehydrated and malnourished from the time with AL so not drinking and not eating is not good for your electrolyte, and vitamin levels. This can make you feel really sick. Keep us posted on your progress.

We did not become Alky's overnight and we will not become non-alky's overnight. It takes one day at a time sober and as the days add up we become non drinkers really quick. Stick with the quit. You will never regret it.

Hugs to all for an AF Monday,
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Late check in today for me, but good morning!
                          Good to see everyone! I am missing bcp.....anyone seen her? I will search.
                          SunFlower, sounds like you had a heck of a time, too with AD's! I'm telling you, they are just given out like candy these days. Cymbalta is not only touted as AD, but also for chronic pain, as you know. So another reason to prescribe it. I'm not targeting just Cymbalta, I am targeting AD's in general....all you have to do it pick a drug and google (that drug) Withdrawals and you will see some MAD people! I'm not sure if it's the SSRI types of AD's or what....but coming off the dam things was a life changing experience. It's kind of like marriage...easy to get into and really awful to get out of!!

Wishing everyone strength today as we start out on a new week! Off to check Roll Call I know we've got someone close to getting a hat! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

we talk a lot about alcohol dreams on this forum.

Last night I had one of the most powerful dreams yet. I was drinking apple juice at a bar, by mistake picked up a glass with wisky in it and swallowed. Immediately two thoughts ran through my head.

1. Well might as well have another one and give up tomorrow....Sound familiar?!?
                            2. Should I tell the truth to people on MWO and pretend like this night never happened.

Thank god it was just a dream. But I wander if this really happened would I be able to to tell the truth after being sober for so long? And would that one night turn into two, three... or would I be able to get my self together and start day 1 the following morning?

Just a thought...

Allan
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan...holy hallucinations! I know the answer to one of the questions....I would NOT be able to stop drinking after one night....how do I know? See the year 2010 where I had 100 day 1's. I had an awful time getting underway once I fell. That's why I don't think I've got another day 1 in me....that is also why I had my plan down to science. Spit the drink back into the glass. If I accidently drank one sip of it, well, that'd be bad, I'd like to think at this point in my quit, I would be so appalled and not go further. I also must remember I am an ALK...and drinking when it doesn't make sense is what we do. What an awful dream! But good food for thought! You and I have this fear about getting tricked...I am mostly over that (well, mostly mostly) but now I am thinking of it again!! Monitor our own drinks may be the take-away!!! I can smell AL like a laser guided missle....so maybe smelling our drinks that are served to us would be a decent habit to have. Dang, what a disturbing dream! In my 2 and a half years, nothing close to this has ever happened, but it is good to think about the 'what if's' and plan for them.

Good to see you, hope your awake life is easier than your dreams!! Hugs, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

When I get some free time I must read back and check out your beginnings. You seem so responsible and in control that it is very hard to believe that you ever had a problem. I saw your pictures and you look beautiful and very classy so I would have never known.

Allan
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X