Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,
    How do I go back to read your beginning posts? Tired of having the sweats at night hope they go away soon.
    DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pretty sure you can click on the poster's name and see all posts. Not that I am a creeper or anything LOL
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

I would like to think that's if I accidentally drank something with al in it....I would spit it out as if I was given gasoline to drink.....and ready to light the match:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks 3June

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bahaha! When you click on my name, you can only see (only!!!) my last 500 posts, but just click way back in the Newbie's Nest and you will find me. I did post some in other threads when I was trying to moderate but they were under different names and I don't remember them (prolly because I was drinking like a fish).
            Allan, thank you for the kind words, but I was quite a mess. I have great respect for folks who 'get it' on the first try and great empathy for those who don't.
            Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdlady I will do that this evening to keep me occupied.

DW

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie, I am going to do the same after work tonight. Have to fly work beckons.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Hope everyone is doing okay. I went back to work today, which I was really anxious about, but it was fine. Still AF and feeling better by the day. Day 11 is drawing to a close with a nice cup of tea and some positive reading. Goodnight!
                  Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                    Auction is over and we did OK. Sold dads car for what I wanted but the furniture was iffy but it is over and there is enough money to fix up the house and keep dad in the nice facility for a while longer...
                    What didn't sell I am giving to a charity or the thrift store at the animal shelter....
                    I am ready for good cry now...
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

From 2/1/11
                      Byrdlady;1052188 wrote: You know, as you begin your day 1..... feeling scared and hopeful...there's someone reading your post....who is drinking him/herself to death but afraid to take that first step....you don't realize it, but you have inspired a bunch of people today, and will continue to do so. Share your thoughts and deeds, they do more than you know. An offhand comment that Jolie made has helped me thru these 13 big days, and I hope that I can hold someone's hand and help them thru this fire pit. This is the longest I've been AF in 25 years!!!! It gets better every day and the voices aren't as loud now as they were. (the A-voices) You have come to the right place, pull up a twig and make yourself comfy, you couldn't be in better company.
                      I was just looking back at some of my old posts....When I first came to the site, little did I know the year that followed would be so horrendous! All by trying to moderate!! Once I got in the AF saddle, I posted more. I was afraid to post when I failed....it's like Kuya said sometime back, the more you post the more accountable you are, the more investment you have in these friends here. Keeping your distance by not posting makes you less so....I can see that in the frequency of my own posts...very few that first year...then as I became more invested, I posted more often.

Hope everyone has a safe and cozy night in the nest....hitting the road early tomorrow! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know how hard it is for you Dottie right now. Loosing all the things your memories are tied to. Just take care of yourself. Hug your pups and have a good cry. Tomorrow will look brighter. You have many friends here and new memories to make.
                        Thanks for letting us see how hard you struggled Byrdie. It gives me strength when I feel weak just knowing someone else has blazed that trail before me.
                        Thinking today how al is instant gratification. I know the saying is Odaat. But sometimes thinking about how I am going to feel tomorrow keeps me from drinking today. Planning to have a good, happy future has made my urges easier to put away from my mind.
                        Glad to see you here Hadit. I've been missing you.
                        Steady keep up the great work.
                        It is nice to spend quality time with your daughter isn't it jdgirl? I know my daughter and I were estranged due to my addictions. We are making up for lost time now though. Keep up the good work.
                        Allen I think of those dreams as ways our brain warns us to remain vigilant. I feel So great to wake up. :beach: like a reprieve from madness.
                        Hang in there everyone. Have a great af night all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Little Beagle,

I nominate you Nicest Nester :l. I love your posts - they are the perfect mix of kindness and wisdom.

:h NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nest.
                            Man it's hot! Heat wave is making everyone crazy around here!
                            I had a good day. No cravings today. I caught a glimpse of someone at the gas station buying two cold tall boys and I thought to myself "why even bother?" Two tall boys would never do the job for me! And I happily paid for my gas and got my little boy some ice cream.
                            Have a good night everyone. Sprinkling sober dust all around!
                            Day 1 again 11/5/19
                            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a good day - I did

Dottie, Take some deep breaths & know you are doing the right thing. I did all that for my parents years ago, I know it's hard.

My daughter & granddaughter are staying overnight so I'm sure I'll be up extra early!
                              Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all
                                starting to heat up here in ol Virginny.
                                Had a new calf today. 5 new calves so far... one died, don't know why.
                                Worked on new chicken house this eve and ready to call it a day. Checked in to see how evryone was doing.
                                Hope you are doing well there MikeinMass.

SS
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X