Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ls I agree every accomplishment big or small is reason for us to be proud of ourselves.
    Congratulations on your accomplishment. 30 days is huge. :wave:
    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS Lost Soul on your 30 AF days!!!
      Remember this feeling & keep it going always
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Done! Keep it up Lost Soul
        AF since 1st Sep 2012
        NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters!

Congratulations Lost (and found) Soul on your 30 days AF. Bravo and Wow! Great stuff. Here's to 30 more and beyond.

Yes June, re the negotiating. I did all of that malarky. 'maybe i'll just drink weekends'.....maybe thursday-sunday'......'every 2nd day, yes, that's it!'....etc. etc. 'once a fortnight'.......'only after 5 p.m.'......ha! Always ended up the same way.....back to the old heavy drinking routine soon enough. For me it's all or nothing, and i choose the 24/7 sober life. No chains, and kicking arse in my own way.

Are there some glamorous pics of Byrdy? She's ALWAYS glamorous! But let's see some anyway lady?

I've seen a pic of Lav before....Hot, hot i tells ya!

Good to see you Hadit. Hope all's ok there Mike. Please check in when you can.

Niner?

Keep it going everyone. Think positive.

L8tr, Yo! :h

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone
            back home again after seeing the new grandson .....who is gorgeous
            good for you lost soul
            now are you heading for 60 days

Comment

Newbies Nest

He who is aching in every limb, worn out by the effort of a day of work, that is to say a day when he has been subject to matter, bears the reality of the universe in his flesh like a thorn. The difficulty for him is to look and to love. If he succeeds, he loves the Real. - Simone Weil

Hello Beloved Nesters,

I have been day and night with my mother who is quite ill. Siblings have come to help, but Mom continually asks for me. She and I have a connection that is needed right now. Mom and I are "aching in every limb." We are also "loving the Real" to the best of our ability. Cancer is unmerciful. How did this all happen so quickly?

Oh, but as I have taken a few minutes to read some of your posts, I am inspired and happy and proud. All of you are an inspiration to me. Just to be in The Nest, to read, to post, to struggle toward freedom from alcohol is a tremendous act of courage. Way to go, Dear Fellow Fledglings!! I am forever proud of you!! :happy:

I will sign off for now but hope to say hello tomorrow. ~
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                Feeling better today and ready to get moving on the house. Called the contractor and he should be able to get started next week....now I just need to get the renters on board....seems like herding cats....
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess2-can you imagine going through what you and your mother are right now, if you were still drinking? Everything (your soberness) happens for a reason? Just in the nick of time, eh? Well done. I've been thinking about you a lot.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess- my thoughts and prayers go out to you during this trying time. :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, all! I have saddle sores from 7 hours of driving, but it was a very good day!!! In the old days, I'd have made an overnighter of this trip...getting home after 5 would have been unheard of! On the road, I started around 4 just after I'd check in...and try to stay sober enough to do my checkin with hubs. Oh how awful...some nights I would look at myself in the hotel mirror and think "what the hell has happened to you?" I hate AL.
                      Welcome Lasha! Settle on in, we can help! I hear you on the moderation thing...it is a learning experience....a bad one! Just exhausting.
                      Overit, great to see you and your bag!!
                      Lost soul, I'm so proud of you for your 30 days!! In our world, that is as big as it gets!! Great job!!
                      Dottie, glad you are making inroads on your dad's estate....you doing ok AL-wise? I hope so...all the best to you! My brother sent over a 13 minute video he took back on Thanksgiving and it showed my dad....gosh I didn't realize it at the time, but he was SO frail. We were lucky to have him as long as we did. I'm glad your dad is getting good care.
                      Tess, my heart goes out to you. These are hard times....what are the doctors saying? I know you must be spent. Anything we can do, let us know.
                      G-man, always a pleasure!
                      Missy....you are doing great!!! Stick with it!
                      3June, always sounding strong!!
                      Lav, you getting some sun? I hope so, you're looking a little pale and soggy!!! xo
                      I hope I got everyone, going from memory!!
                      Great reading everyone's posts today!!! Off to check the roll call...I think we have some more hats to award! Hugs to all!! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I originally read about the book in O Magazine. I read the book and then found the message board. I think there were about 150 registered members. I think this was about 2007.

I think the attraction to the site for along time was the thought of moderation. I never considered the Topomax because RJ had mentioned a side effect of getting lost driving. I work in sales....and could not risk that. At first the med seemed to work for some....but, then could not handle the side effects. Everyone was drinking and failing.

As the board grew....I saw marriages fall apart, dui's.....and everyone hanging onto moderation. You were definitely not very welcome if you were going AF. There weren't sections as there are now.

I honestly got extremely angry as I watched people's lives go to hell....with the community being so moderation focused. Even drinking I knew in my heart that very few can moderate after they have crossed a certain line.

It really is amazing how this board have evolved. I love that AF is embraced, but more importantly......that there are so many options and strategies given to quit. This is just not given in a recovery meeting.

This I feel is an all encompassing place to get information. There are so many aspects needed to successfully quit. Nonjudgmental support is invaluable.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I initially came here after reading the book and was thinking "of COURSE! I can MODERATE! Why didn't I think of that?" Lol because if we were able to moderate, we wouldn't be here! I still wish there was a magic bullet sometimes, but the real magic is not being a prisoner anymore.
                          Sprinkles sober dust for the nest!
                          Day 1 again 11/5/19
                          Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                          Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                          Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                          11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                          12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to be at the end of this long & hot day!

Speaking of hot - damn right I'm hot G - it was nearly 100 degrees here today :H
                            By the way, compliments will get you everywhere

Tess, I'm sorry your Mom is so unwell. Having you by her side has to be such a comfort for her. I'm glad you can be there for her :l

Byrdie, yes, lots of sun & 95+ humid degrees. Travel safely lady!

SF, I tried all my moderating before finding MWO - major fail
                            I don't even let myself think about it anymore - why would I at this point?
                            MWO is a fabulous resource for anyone willing to do some work to change their lives.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

TheSunFlower;1533162 wrote: I originally read about the book in O Magazine. I read the book and then found the message board. I think there were about 150 registered members. I think this was about 2007.

I think the attraction to the site for along time was the thought of moderation. I never considered the Topomax because RJ had mentioned a side effect of getting lost driving. I work in sales....and could not risk that. At first the med seemed to work for some....but, then could not handle the side effects. Everyone was drinking and failing.

As the board grew....I saw marriages fall apart, dui's.....and everyone hanging onto moderation. You were definitely not very welcome if you were going AF. There weren't sections as there are now.

I honestly got extremely angry as I watched people's lives go to hell....with the community being so moderation focused. Even drinking I knew in my heart that very few can moderate after they have crossed a certain line.

It really is amazing how this board have evolved. I love that AF is embraced, but more importantly......that there are so many options and strategies given to quit. This is just not given in a recovery meeting.

This I feel is an all encompassing place to get information. There are so many aspects needed to successfully quit. Nonjudgmental support is invaluable.
                              Sun, that was so eloquently said and dead on. A perfect description of MWO's evolution though I missed the the years from 2008-2012.

I believe the growing pains o this site have been necessary and only added to the strength of the members in the long run and beyond.
                              :l
                              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I first same on mwo just wanting to feel better. I was so far down I Said would do whatever it took to get my life back. Now I understand that means not drinking. Not one, not ever. I am glad to know what I need to do. Mwo has a lot of helpful tools for dealing with al. And what I like is that you can find what is right for you.
                                Tess you are in my mind. I am glad that you have such a strong bond with your mom. This is a really difficult time in your life and I hope knowing we are here to listen and lend you some of our strength helps you through it.
                                Glad everyone is hanging tough tonight.:clapclap:
                                No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X