Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
    After weaning down to 3 ciders a day I thought I could mod. Don't think I can because I panic if I cant get my 3 and have accessional blow offs thinking I deserve it. Last one was a bender and needed the doc to stop me being sick. What a mess!!!
    Right day 4 now AF and I'm going to cut the grass at 7:30 pm, never ever done that before.

Had a Chinese take away with family beforehand and this guy came in ordered spare ribs for one kept quite and sneaked away as if no-one could see him. He didn't fool me takes one to know one.

Lash the drummer
    It's not what you drink, it's how much!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lash I think most of us have realized that if we could moderate we wouldn't be here at all. I know I can't. Way too much work. Always negotiating, always regretting, never sticking with the plan, drinking when I really didn't want any more. AF is the way to go, congratulations. It will be a tough go at first but it will be worth every moment in the long run. Good on you for changing it up. Mowing the grass in the evening, why not? Because before we were too wasted to do pretty much anything in the evenings, right? And then there's the mornings. Your family will love having you back. Go for it and congratulations on Day4 that's a real accomplishment!
      Newbies Nest
      Toolbox
      My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Samstone;1533320 wrote: Morning all
        another hot one on the horizon. Well I did a major boo boo and forgot to close my guineas up last night. Wiley Fox made a 1 am raid. Feathers everywhere, 2 0f them gone and one hurt. Got a shot at him but not sure I got him. Bout to go look. That memory lapse was like crap I used to do all the time when drinking. Now what's my excuse... ?
        Ops can you tell I'm from the city? I thought you said guinea pigs LOL I guess my first clue should have been the feathers!!
        Newbies Nest
        Toolbox
        My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

3June! You crack me up!

Lasha....you are so right...I can spot 'one of us' a mile away. We drank to be social, but it's the loneliest place in the world. AL is a selfish bastard....it wants us all to itself! It doesn't want us to have any other friends ...doesn't want us to want anything else but it! AL sure is demanding of us...and we give in, until enough is enough. I do many things now that I wouldn't even consider doing after 5 o'clock before! Like driving or making phone calls or staying awake til 10! It's a whole new world out there! I'm glad you are in it!

Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sam and June....I thought it was guinea pigs as well.

I remember someone telling me that once you get sober you.....you can never blame anything on being drunk or hungover again. You just get to realize you are idiot sometimes

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon everyone,

You guys sound really great and inspiring. Have been busy the last few days with looking for a job, traveling over an hour to meet with probation officer and the such.

I have an interview as an hostess this afternoon, will let you know how it goes.

Tess my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If you would like to talk with someone who has been in your shoes please feel free to pm me.

TTFN,
              JDG
              Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello all

samstone I also lost a chicken to the fox ...said to youngest son don;t let them out ....and he did and rang and said he got all but 1 in I replied go find it and put it in .......trouble was he had 2 out and put 1 in ....feathers everywhere

jdgirl hope you had a good interview

ash sorry there's no way I could moderate once I have one ....it's the bottle no stopping so I so no to one
                it's one too many

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=Byrdlady;1533377]Good afternoon, nesters!
                  Welcome Neddy! I'm so glad you are joining us....yes, every single one of us can identify with what you are thinking/feeling right now. As you know, Day 2 is usually a good bit easier than Day 1! By tomorrow this time, all the AL will be out of your system and you will be operating under full Neddy Power! Be sure to keep yourself full...that's the best advice I can give second only to stay hydrated! The Tool Box will keep you reading for a month if you follow all the links and such! But it's chocked full of all sorts of great information to help you thru the first challenging days. Like you, I was just sick to death of the whole cycle....what a relief to get off that BAD RIDE! Welcome to the other side!!!

Hi Byrdlady, Thanks for the welcome, the encouragement and the advice. I am going to do exactly as you say: eat plenty, drink lots of water and get stuck into the toolbox. Thanks again
                  "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning Nesters, Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I am still having huge problems with my computer. I hope it will be fixed soon. Hope all are doing well. I am back on AB and doing ok Will check in again later,if this damn pc will let me h a ha

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, just popped in to say goodnight. Too tired to scroll through all the previous posts so I'll just say I hope everyone is doing well and offer my support to Tess, my thoughts are with you. :l
                      Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,

Interview went great! Got the job. I am a Hostess for Applebee's. Not exactly what I wanted but it is a job and I am excited.

Tired about to eat and then bed. Check in tomorrow.
                        Have a safe night in the nest and keep fighting the good fight
                        JDG
                        Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

JDG, congrats on the job....but aren't you concerned about working in a bar? Not sure I would have had the where-with-all to handle that....even now it seems risky to me. Just me worrying, I guess. Congratulations, I'm happy for you!
                          Good to see hadit, witts, broken and Neddy!! Have a safe night in the nest eva'body!!! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all. I'm keeping busy lately.
                            Lasha glad you are hanging in there. Keep up the good work. Neddy glad you are joining us. The days will really start to add up. Just stice close to the nest, read and post as often as you can. Even more often when you feel weak. That's what I do. It really works.
                            Steady I'm glad to hear from you. :l
                            We have both come so far since day 1. Glad to share that special day with you.
                            Have a great af night everyone.
                            Sorry about your chickies Sam.
                            No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Guess I missed the last page. Glad you got a job jdgirl.
                              Just glad you are ok Hadit.
                              Nite
                              No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see everyone checking in & making progress

Tess, we are here to help in anyway we can, lease remember that. Thinking of you!

Congrats on the job JDG, hope it works out for you.

Sam, sorry about your chickens
                                Sometimes keeping the predators away (even when you do everything right) is just not possible. I lost two of my girls this spring by some predator that dropped into their fenced yard from above - owl or hawk, not sure, only the heads we nabbed. Sorry everyone!

I ended up watching my 2 year old granddaughter AND my two year old grandson all day - OMG :H
                                You wouldn't believe the fighting & the tears - I didn't cry :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X