Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I also am checking in on day 12. I am a little shocked myself. I keep counting the nights on my fingers, not sure how I got here. The last three nights I've taken a spin class. Needless to say, my poor bum couldn't take another night, so I walked the dogs instead. Hope everyone is doing well. Hugs and goodnight...piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Piper, spin class three nights in a row?! That's great :goodjob:

Congratulations on the new job, JDG, hope it works well for you.

Little Beagle, it's great to have a day-count buddy; it's extra motivation to stay on track!

Tess, still thinking of you. I admire your strength.

Everyone in the Nest, let's continue to focus on how good it is to be AF, so many reasons to not drink!

have a great day,
      love Steady
      AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

A very good morning to everyone in the nest. Day 3 AF starts here for me. I am going to work today even though I don't have to. I am officially on holiday but devils and idle hands and all that stuff mean that it will be safer for me to go there than sit about doing nothing. With all the unusually beautiful weather we are having in the UK I will be inundated no doubt by drinking buddies wanting to go out and "enjoy" the day. My phone is getting switched off so that temptation cannot get in my way. I plan to check in here in the early evening and then go for a nice walk tonight when the heat is out of the sun. A wonderful day to one and all!
        "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone in the nest! It's day 13 today and last night I had the most wonderful sleep. Slept for 8 hours. got up once to go t he loo but got straight back to sleep again. That never happens! I've been to the gym three days in a row but I am giving it a miss today as I have a sore butt after yesterdays marathon session before work!

Piper, I have found the exercise to be a huge motivator. Every time I think about a drink or a cigarette I imagine how horrible I would feel trying to exercise with that in my system. I am round about the same stage as you, and just as surprised.

Everyone sounds very motivated, let's have another wonderful AL free day
          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

It is kind of stormy here today.

Yes Byrdie it will be a challenge working somewhere they serve alcohol, but drinking at work is obviously out, too many witnesses, and by the time I get off all I am going to want to do is go to bed. I will keep my guard up and if I see that it is becoming a problem, I will have to quit.

I am not stopping my search for clerical work, I am sending 4 resumes out today so hopefully a more suitable job will open up soon. Right now I need some income.

Thank you for your concern, it is good to know people here care about your success and voice their concerns.

Love to all and have a great and sober Thursday.
            JDG
            Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Heading up to 98 humid degrees here today, yuck!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday. Stay cool

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to stop in and say hi....it feels good to wake up without a hangover! It's going to be a hot one on today!

Hope everyone has a great day!
                Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
                [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1533322 wrote: Hi, Tess

I know you don't leave the Nest much (I don't know if you even saw your 6-month congratulations thread !) but if writing helps you, and I suspect reading your heartfelt eloquent words is helpful to people in similar situations, perhaps you could start your own thread about your mom if you prefer not to post here.

She is so fortunate to have such a loving, supportive, sober daughter at her side. I am sorry you are facing this very hard loss but am happy for both of you that you are truly present.

Love, NS
                  Dear NS,

Thank you for your very thoughtful post. Your kind words mean the world to me.

No, I had no idea that there had been a 6-month congratulations thread for me. Thanks to All for your well-wishes.

I used to stray from The Nest a bit, but I found myself spending hours reading and writing posts. So I decided to "come home" and stay home, for the most part. Besides, the other threads don't offer free butt Velcro... I need lots of Velcro to stay on the "straight and narrow"... :whee:
                  Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in this morning. I need a little extra support today. Have a great af day all.
                    No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dear Lil' Beagle,

You can count on our support today. We are here for you! Let us know if you need some specific words of wisdom or cheer. I'm not too helpful in the wisdom department, but I like to cheer people up. :yougo:

One thing I can say with absolute certainty is that whatever challenge you are facing today would be so much worse if you were drinking alcohol. Keep a clear mind. You are totally worth it!! :butterfly:
                      Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                      pointed the way
                      with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All - It's a beautiful sunny day in my neck of the woods, going out for a bike ride in a minute.

Here's some support for you Little Beagle :yougo::yougo::yougo:eace::wavin:inkele:

Whatever you need, you always have a kind word for everyone, can't stand to see you down.

Please let us know who you want us to beat up!
                        "A good garden may have some weeds"
                        Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters!
                          I have a customer that is an absolute Ass Hole. He told me once that his father was an Ass Hole....so I guess he gets it honest. He's like Mr. Potter on 'It's a Wonderful Life'...a miserable man who will never be happy and resents others for being so. I guess it's true that there is someone for everyone out there, he met and married a lady 5 years ago. I thought this would improve his mean disposition but alas, it didn't. His day is made when he has made someone else miserable. He has apparently set out to make mine that way....but I'm not going to let him. This man accounts for about 5% of my business, but consumes about 50% of my time....it's nuts! I will never be happier than the day he retires. I hope all nesters will collectively set his/her thinking to this vibe today...."ooooohm......JT will retire......JT will retire....oooohmmmm".
                          Thanks for listening. Mean people suck.
                          Have a great day, everyone!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie
                            that's a hell of a ratio
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Neddy you are sounding great, good planning, stay away from the temptations until you're stronger. A little distance helps a great deal with perspective. Enjoy the warm weather and your evening walk.

Byrdie right on. Who needs it? JT can find someone else to torture. I pity his poor wife, but that's often how I get through toxic interactions. I just think thank gawd I'm not married to them!

JDG congrats on your new position!

Beagle we're here and glad to help!

I'm back to work after three enjoyable days off. I love that I don't wait for the weekends to drink now, I really make better use of my time off and feel refreshed when its time to go back to work.
                              Newbies Nest
                              Toolbox
                              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

SamStone.....
                                Busted! I was pissed off when I wrote that this morning, and I'm afraid you caught me in a slight exaggeration. Every moment working on an issue for JT seems like dog years, so if you reduce that number by dividing by 7, it'll be about right. Thank you for calling me on that....If I didn't need his business so bad I'd give him an anatomy lesson. If I ever win the lottery, the first call I make won't be to hubs, or to my family...it'll be to THIS MAN, telling him where and how to (insert disgusting self deprecating act here)!!!

Yall aren't chanting enough, JT is still here. Sorry to ask you to ramp up your thoughts, but really....
                                XXOO, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X