Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I'm glad I stopped in the nest tonight....you guys are cracking me up!! Especially the visions of fat, bald,bad teeth, etc....lmao!
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks everyone. I really needed a good laugh today. Laughter makes the hurt a little less. Neddie you are doing great. This is so worth it. Being af makes handling the rough spots of life easier. The general conception is that al helps ease the pain but I am living proof that that is dead wrong. Al only compounds the pain.
      So glad I am here.
      Have a Great af night (or day).
      For you g-man.:guitar1: heard a song on my music player and thought of you the other day. It gave me a smile.
      No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks LB.

Have a great night and sweet dreams.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

At last, this day is over
          Too long & too HOT!!!!

LB, I'm sorry I don't know what's going on with you but glad to hear you are feeling strong. AL certainly makes everything worse. Hang in there, we're happy you are here

G, if you get tired of winter weather come on over here & swelter right along with us! Can't believe how nasty this summer has been!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest ~ stay cool
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tonight is the 13th night I have gone to sleep sober. Thank you for being here. Piper

Comment

Newbies Nest

Piper right on I am betting you're feeling pretty good eh? Give yourself a huge pat on the back cause I know it wasn't easy getting to where you are now, but you stuck it out and here you are! Two weeks tomorrow. Fantastic!
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Miley - So happy that you stopped in tonight. Lots of laughs (and love) around here today!!

Piper - Lucky number 13. Way to go!! So proud of you!!

3Js - Great to hear from you. Sweet dreams!!

Goodnight ALL Nestmates. Stay sober, Stay safe, Stay happy. :bedtime:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Whew
                  what a hot one today. I'm working cattle tomorrow so worked today getting my chute and all that stuff ready. Vet comes a 8 so I'm up early.

Wanted to check in and see it has been a busy nest day. We have not heard from Mike in awhile... hope he's ok.

One thing I was thinking of is what each of does, routine wise that helps keep us sober or thinking along those lines of trying to break the beast.

For me, I when I first get up I'm sitting on my bed with both feet on the floor and I say thank you 3 times to myself. It's not religious or any of that, but I like to say thanks to myself for no hangover, start of a good day etc.

good night all.
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Lord I had to read back 3x to understand who JT was.....I was trying to think of every drink under the sun with the initials JT. Got it now that it is Brydie's client:H

I have one of those too. Except he accounts for 40 percent of my billing. So I have to keep him:upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

A very good morning to everyone in the nest.

Day 4 AF for me today. I have been here before on a number of occasions and I have always thought "poor me", " I could really do with a drink", "I deserve a drink", "Just one will do" (it never does!).

Today I have a new attitude. I am like Samstone in that I am saying thank you. Thank you that I did not drink yesterday, thank you that I have no hangover today, thank you that this is going to be a great day.

Today I am going out with a smile on my face, a spring in my step and a song in my heart grateful that I don't need to drink.

Have a happy day one and all.

Neddy
                      "I used to be on the guest list, but now I'm on the nest list!"

Newbies Nest:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html

Toolbox:https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! Two weeks sober today and feeling fantastic! It's so good to wake up sober on a day off. The sun is shining and the day is full of endless possibilities, none of which involve AL in any way shape or form and I am very happy about that! Clean the house, go to the gym, sunbathe in the garden and then off to meet my daughter for a meal later. She will likely have a glass of wine with dinner and I am fine with that. I don't want one.

To those who are struggling, please hang in there. Just starting out? It's so worth it.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.
                        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

PS

Neddy, I used to do that too, that whole thing about deserving a drink when actually, what we deserve is NOT to drink! To be clear headed, sober and happy! Have a great day 4 Neddy
                          Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

TheSunFlower;1534035 wrote: Good Lord I had to read back 3x to understand who JT was.....I was trying to think of every drink under the sun with the initials JT. Got it now that it is Brydie's client:H

I have one of those too. Except he accounts for 40 percent of my billing. So I have to keep him:upset:
                            That's pretty funny... abbreviations can really throw me for a loop too. When I first looked at this site I wondered what or who the heck was AF! (not too long, though)
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening, fellow Nesters!

I see some good AF days being racked up by people :goodjob:

Little Beagle, hope you are ok. :l

Everyone else, nice to be saying hi to you all!

Friday night in Aust. Cold and raining outside. Looking forward to a good sleep, and another great AF day tomorrow.

travel well,
                              Steady
                              :h
                              AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nest! Day 19 here and feeling great. I wish this heat would let up a little so I can pack up my house! Movers coming on the 16th. Eeeeek!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X